Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Meh, I don't think Vucevic moves the needle in terms of a championship or attraction of stars in the future. Will we even have the cap space to sign a star? Lavine will be a supermax player and Vucevic will be getting a raise.

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    Meh, I don't think Vucevic moves the needle in terms of a championship or attraction of stars in the future. Will we even have the cap space to sign a star? Lavine will be a supermax player and Vucevic will be getting a raise.
    Which star is coming here to play with Wendell Carter Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Which star is coming here to play with Wendell Carter Jr?
    They arent coming either way, thats his point

Personally, I would have rather kept the picks, hope the lotto balls fall our way, and trust our FO to draft well. A core of Lavine and Vucevic goes nowhere in the playoffs.

Personally, I would have rather kept the picks, hope the lotto balls fall our way, and trust our FO to draft well. A core of Lavine and Vucevic goes nowhere in the playoffs.
    Ya because it has worked out well when we actually had a decent shot at a top 3 pick right? This wouldíve been a fringe playoff team as the roster was constructed, so our odds to land a top pick would be even lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Ya because it has worked out well when we actually had a decent shot at a top 3 pick right? This wouldíve been a fringe playoff team as the roster was constructed, so our odds to land a top pick would be even lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well with Vucevic on board, we won't have to worry about the lotto balls anymore. We will be stuck in no man's land again.

Exactly. That's been the disconnect between me and many others on this board for years. I'm sick of this franchise making moves that energize the fanbase ("oh wow hes an all star!") but will only lead to getting swept in round 2.

You guys are just used to the GarPax way of doing things. Continually sucking and hoping for a top 3 pick and striking out in free agency hasn't worked for the past decade. It's time for a new plan.

It's a culture change. You have a better shot at getting players to sign with a winning culture

Bulls have been hoping to lotto balls fall their way since Butler left that didnít work how about we try to put a product worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Bulls have been hoping to lotto balls fall their way since Butler left that didnít work how about we try to put a product worth watching
    Yep, been doomed to that #7 pick a few drafts. Just tanking and praying for the lotto is a great way to suck for years. You especially don't do that when you have a great player like Lavine on your roster.

You guys are just used to the GarPax way of doing things. Continually sucking and hoping for a top 3 pick and striking out in free agency hasn't worked for the past decade. It's time for a new plan.
    So the new plan is to be cap strapped with no picks and a ceiling of maybe getting swept in the East semis? Sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by chisox721 View Post
    So the new plan is to be cap strapped with no picks and a ceiling of maybe getting swept in the East semis? Sounds like fun.
    So bad luck in the lottery, disappointing draft picks, and striking out on FA is fun to you?

They still have next year's pick. Nobody on the roster is untradable you can always clear space if necessary. GarPax has you convinced we need all this cap space and be never did **** with it.

Been away a long time, but my heart still beats bulls. Love the trade more for its ballsiness than the results. I know we still need to see how it translate on the court, but you can't overlook the majors plus of having Vuc over Carter, and Otto. We were getting killed by bench players on the inside, the lack of confidence by Carter, and then losing the last few games, something had to be done to shake this team-up. I wasn't leaning toward a blow-up but at least address either the lack of an inside presence or point guard. They crossed off one of two. No matter how it plays out it was a good move because it was needed.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by chisox721 View Post
    If we are looking to the draft, then we might as well just trade Lavine now, because he's a UFA next summer, and no player in their prime is sticking around through another rebuild. And we aren't even cap strapped.

We owe Lavine and Vuc 43.5 million next year. We aren't committed to anything else that can't be moved.

This trade is a culture shift. So long as we have Lavine, we aren't landing a top 3 pick. And if you are really saying you'd hope to land one with terrible lottery odds, that's just a terrible way to look at things. You can't have that kind of sit back approach, and expect any player to want to stay here or come here

So bad luck in the lottery, disappointing draft picks, and striking out on FA is fun to you?

They still have next year's pick. Nobody on the roster is untradable you can always clear space if necessary. GarPax has you convinced we need all this cap space and be never did **** with it.
    Garpax has you convinced you cant build a team through the draft

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast