Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Tevin Jenkins should be our #1 target if we want to go OT in round 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jlLUWjwDo&t=618s

Guys a brawler and has experience playing at Left and Right Tackle; so you can pencil him in on day one and he could replace Leno next year.

I think Slater and Darrisaw will be long gone by #20.

I still have a hard time believing Pace's only QB move this offseason is Andy ****ing Dalton... I believe he makes a play for one of Fields or Lance on draft day. This allows him to buy more time (even though I doubt he's even on the hot seat) as they can "develop" another QB for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I still have a hard time believing Pace's only QB move this offseason is Andy ****ing Dalton... I believe he makes a play for one of Fields or Lance on draft day. This allows him to buy more time (even though I doubt he's even on the hot seat) as they can "develop" another QB for the long term.
    Pace won't swing for one of those guys unless SF is crazy enough to take Jones at 3; which will cause a cascade of crazy picks (does ATL take a QB? MIA? DET? Etc.)

If one of then get to that 8-10 range, Pace might pounce.

If not expect us to take a QB like Mond (preferred), Mills, or Newman on Day 2. If the board plays out with few to no surprises, I'd expect a trade back, since other teams have offered them.

Maybe Pace will give us a hint tomorrow?

Would love to throw a 3rd for Darnikd and take Mond or Mills in the 2nd. Draft a tackle in the 1st.

Keep bringing in qbs. Let the young guys Duke it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones-in View Post
    Would love to throw a 3rd for Darnikd and take Mond or Mills in the 2nd. Draft a tackle in the 1st.

That's what I've been wanting for years. We've never tried having a real competitive QB. Just a guy with the placeholder.

Think Darnold might end up cheaper than that tho. Dump Foles off if they'd do it for a pick swap type deal or a low pick.

I'd like to take more swings at QB too, but do QB competitions ever really play out that well? When you have 2 or even 3 guys that are in the same boat and relative talent level, how often does that have a happy ending? It's almost impossible to split all the reps evenly and get all the appropriate reps with the 1st and 2nd team. Trading a 3rd for Darnold, then drafting a QB in the 2nd to throw in the mix with Dalton probably sounds a lot nicer in theory than it would play out in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I'd like to take more swings at QB too, but do QB competitions ever really play out that well? When you have 2 or even 3 guys that are in the same boat and relative talent level, how often does that have a happy ending? It's almost impossible to split all the reps evenly and get all the appropriate reps with the 1st and 2nd team. Trading a 3rd for Darnold, then drafting a QB in the 2nd to throw in the mix with Dalton probably sounds a lot nicer in theory than it would play out in reality.
    Think it motivated Kirk Cousins pretty well. Wouldn't want to use our 2nd/3rd tho.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Yes. Usually when there's a QB competition, neither are a standout and we are likely looking at two backups vying for a starting job. I'd rather have a standout QB who clearly has the starting job.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    My bigest fear for this team is Over drafting somebody due to need. I think its looking pretty clear that there will probably be 5 Qbs Taken b4 our pick. Meaning barring a huge trade up which I cant beleive you can have the balls to do with these guys on their fringe jobs. Your looking at 2nd teir QBs like Mond Mills Trask or Newman. And the truth is if you want one of these guys I could see these idiots taking them in the 2nd round because. or maybe even trading up to go get one from the 2nd round pick or down from the first.

IDK what this team plans on doing. I tend to agree you cant go into next year with Dalton and expect fans not to revolt when things go south. I think they are going to try and make one last push for Wilson that I think Fails. IDK.... I just dont know what you can expect to save these guys jobs though from any of the QBs listed. its why to me what they should do is just boost up the D.... the OL. And adapt to become what they should have been all along with Mitch... a Run heavy team with a dominate OL.... that plays good D.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Tevin Jenkins should be our #1 target if we want to go OT in round 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jlLUWjwDo&t=618s

Guys a brawler and has experience playing at Left and Right Tackle; so you can pencil him in on day one and he could replace Leno next year.

I think Slater and Darrisaw will be long gone by #20.
    Feels like a guy thr Packers would draft because he seems to clamp onto your pads and get away with Holds alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones-in View Post

Pace said he was going to do that on his first day and has so far drafted 1 QB and signed a bunch of mediocre journey men back ups. I have little faith in him creating competent QB rooms

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Listening to this press conference gives me really bad vibes for this team. Between the utter BS they spew about Dalton being a perfect fit after passing on him just last year to the talk about evaluating QBs in the draft.... We gonna trade up... Pay a ransom and draft a guy like Lance. Or over draft another guy. Like mond.

I hate us right now. Should have set the reset buttom. Already kinda have with the D but the coaching staff needs it to because they will be.

Also Nagy will be back to calling plays. So much for any type of lazor Dalton hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Also Nagy will be back to calling plays. So much for any type of lazor Dalton hope.
    I've said it before, I'll say it now, I really don't think it mattered that much last year anyway. People liked to cherrypick the good playcalls as Lazor calls and the bad ones as Nagy calls (literally in the same games). Whatever the offense actually accomplished with Nagy handing over plays was pretty clearly the result of playing lousy defenses at the end of the year rather than better playcalling. Lazor deserved as much credit as Mitch did. Which was none.

Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious that Nagy, much like any offensive minded HC, is gonna have a huge say in the scheme and play-calling regardless of whether or not he's the one literally calling them or not. I personally didn't really notice anything all that different. The plays just worked better because the defenses we played were leaving guys wide open in the flat all day. Stopped working as soon as we faced actually competitive defenses.

Anyway, this offense doesn't have the personnel to be great anyway, so not sure what people are expecting. As it's been all off-season, short of some sort of miracle trade for Russell Wilson (which is less of a possibility than ever), the future of this team is incredibly bleak.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 04-02-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it now, I really don't think it mattered that much last year anyway. People liked to cherrypick the good playcalls as Lazor calls and the bad ones as Nagy calls (literally in the same games). Whatever the offense actually accomplished with Nagy handing over plays was pretty clearly the result of playing lousy defenses at the end of the year rather than better playcalling. Lazor deserved as much credit as Mitch did. Which was none.

Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious that Nagy, much like any offensive minded HC, is gonna have a huge say in the scheme and play-calling regardless of whether or not he's the one literally calling them or not. I personally didn't really notice anything all that different. The plays just worked better because the defenses we played were leaving guys wide open in the flat all day. Stopped working as soon as we faced actually competitive defenses.

Anyway, this offense doesn't have the personnel to be great anyway, so not sure what people are expecting. As it's been all off-season, short of some sort of miracle trade for Russell Wilson (which is less of a possibility than ever), the future of this team is incredibly bleak.
    Well said!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast