Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I wasnít impressed with fields either this year. Thatís strictly off watching his games. He had 1 game where I felt like I was wrong Vs Clemson. The IU game was the most telling
    One bad game against a top 10 college defense....

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

I'm not in love with Fields either but I think some of the criticism goes a little overboard. Probably some built in anti-OSU stigma or whatever, but every one of these QB's have their warts.

I have liked Wilson the most for a while, but you'd have to be crazy not to recognize the risk with him. Lawrence seems like a great prospect until you really dive into some of his bad games. Trey Lance scares the hell out me given the level of competition and simplified Offense he ran. Jones is fine, but is a tough eval overall given the talent surrounding him, and I just generally tend to shy away from the pocket passers with limited athleticism.

It's a decent class, but IMO propped up by how many teams desperately need a QB, like the Bears. I wouldn't hate a big time move up (which feels really unlikely at this point), but I hope they just load up in other areas, like OL, CB, probably another WR, etc.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-27-2021 at 01:48 AM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I really don't mind feilds... Personally i really like his rushing upside which he really has not flashed that much for a guy who runs a 4.3

But with the draft the way it is shaking out at least 3 will be gone in the top 3 which only leaves 1 I would be interested in. (The left over of feilds Wilson and Lance)

And personally I just cant get on board with Mac Jones. Honestly I look at trask as nearly the same player. Only diference is Trask had his 4 top play makers Bail on on him in his bowl game. And I know he got Benched that game but I only saw 1 throw I would put on him that was his fault. (The pick 6) 1 legit bonced off the receicers hands another he had pressure in his face and was arguably hit on the release.

But end of the day I don't think either do well behind this OL. Thats why i would prefer somebody with some legs.

I would infinitely prefer trask in the 2nd or 3rd over Mac Jones in the 1st

Since we are on the outside looking in with respect to drafting a tier 1 QB or trading for Wilson, I am going to go on record and say I would be willing to trade back, pick up an extra 2nd rd pick and trade that for Darnold. If he sucks, we are going to draft in the top 10 next year and maybe we catch lightning in a bottle and he lives up to his pedigree. A change of scenery away from Gase may be just what he needs. Probably the highest upside of anybody that is realistically available. Dalton will win us 6-8 games and we will be in the same draft situation next year. No point in doing that again IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I would infinitely prefer trask in the 2nd or 3rd over Mac Jones in the 1st
    Not me. I don't like Trask at all. I rather not draft a QB over drafting Trask.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Not me. I don't like Trask at all. I rather not draft a QB over drafting Trask.
    Fair enough. QB evals are admittedly not my strong suit lol

Trask is basically Jake Fromm with better weapons around him at Florida. Taking him in the 2nd would be a big mistake, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Trask is basically Jake Fromm with better weapons around him at Florida. Taking him in the 2nd would be a big mistake, most likely.
    Agreed.
    Screw sabermetics.

I'm not in love with Fields either but I think some of the criticism goes a little overboard. Probably some built in anti-OSU stigma or whatever, but every one of these QB's have their warts.

I have liked Wilson the most for a while, but you'd have to be crazy not to recognize the risk with him. Lawrence seems like a great prospect until you really dive into some of his bad games. Trey Lance scares the hell out me given the level of competition and simplified Offense he ran. Jones is fine, but is a tough eval overall given the talent surrounding him, and I just generally tend to shy away from the pocket passers with limited athleticism.

It's a decent class, but IMO propped up by how many teams desperately need a QB, like the Bears. I wouldn't hate a big time move up (which feels really unlikely at this point), but I hope they just load up in other areas, like OL, CB, probably another WR, etc.
    The way I look at Fields is Dak but a much better athlete and passer coming out of college. I just see very little chance he doesn't have success in the NFL.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Dont like this honestly. Fromm never threw for over 3000 yards a sesson. You can argue that Trask had better weapons but its not as if Georgia doesn't recruit nearly just as well as Florida. Trask threw for over 4000 yards in 12 games. Fromm played 14-15 games and like i said never passed for over 3,000.

Its also something to note that Trask was at least a heisman candidate.

Again I don't love trask. But I dont understand how Mac Jones gets first round hype and Trask is considered equal to a guy who fell to 5th round who never had half the acomplishments trask did.

With is back injury, there's more rumblings that Caleb Farley (top 2 CB prospect) might fall out of the first.

If he drops to round 2, should pace move up to get him?

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    With is back injury, there's more rumblings that Caleb Farley (top 2 CB prospect) might fall out of the first.

If he drops to round 2, should pace move up to get him?
    Definitely not imo. I'm not a draft guy but it reminds me of Gaines Adams. First round prospect and he fell to the 3rd round or further iirc

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Definitely not imo. I'm not a draft guy but it reminds me of Gaines Adams. First round prospect and he fell to the 3rd round or further iirc

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Gains was a #4 overall pick?

I know I have probably beat a dead horse about this on just how much I hate Nagy. this showed up in my twitter feed And some fan or analyst was comparing it Zach Wilson because.... Well Dumb.... But I wanted to talk about just how bad this play design is.

https://twitter.com/BShulkes/status/1375842377508749316

Its a play action fake with a rollout to the left. which is already a poor start for a mediocre QB to ask him to be throwing while rolling left. But OK.... Sometimes you have to do this to keep things changing. but What types of options does Mitch have to throw the ball here.

1st... Your Best WR Allen Robinson. Stays in and blocks. Seems like a great use of his skills right. He also strait up blows the block as well But thats besides the point right.

2nd Your TE Jimmy Greham... Also stays in and Blocks. So thats 2 of your possible 5 weapons to pass to are now blocking... and Edge Rusher who... BTW they still can not block.

3rd is your RB.... Who is on a play action fake and again... Runs no route. So Thats 3 possible pass catches either Blocking... or just strait up doing nothing.

So it becomes a 2 man route Play action pass with Mitch rolling to the left. And this is where I get really pissed off.

4th- Wims..... Runs about 15 yards up feild right to the center of the feild and stops. Now this is not actually a bad spot to stick a guy... If not for the fact Mitch is on a PA fake rolling to the left. One of the Cardinal sins you can do as a QB is throw back across your Body on a rollout because its very liable to get picked because of the coverage all flowing to that side of the field. And Nagy and Co.... Drew up a play where 1 of his only 2 options to pass to forces a QB you dont trust into potentially making a throw he just should not make.

5th... his final option here... is Mooney streaming down the field is a 55 yard Bomb To Mooney who seems to be running some type of Fake Corner Post route? The problem with this is He doesnt break out of that Corner/Post till about 4 seconds which means... Mitch has pressure when his TE and #1 WR Blow their Blocks.

Like this play Call Absolutly Sucks. 3 of your 5 receivers dont run routes. 1 guy runs a route that Mitch should not make a throw to back across his body. And the Last option is asking your QB to make a 55 yard pass rolling left.

I Get it that mitch sucks. But plays like this surely dont help any QB.. Dalton... A rok... Russel Wilson. Like There are 3 things I would Change about this play to make it an acceptable play. 1st.. Replace Robinson with Wims. Thats just stupid to leave your #1 and best offensive weapon in as a blocker.. 2nd. On Wims route Continue Across the feild to the left where the QB can actually make a safe throw and you can run open 15 yard down the feild. 3rd.. Jimmy Greham Can Comes across the feild and provide a Checkdown option which also should draw up defenders opening up the 15 yarder to robinson crossing over the top.

These are not complicated concepts IMO and yet its like we choose to run these things that end up putting us in positions to loose.

I also saw this play as well and Boy oh Boy. I dont even want to get started Analyzing this play here.

https://twitter.com/BearWeatherFans/...48309770317824

A bootleg left with a checkdown back right to your RB. a WR Streaming Across from left to right on the short side of the feild. And leaving the Right Edge defender to be blocked by a TE who has to come all the way across the feild to make that block.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast