Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Not even remotely interested in trading up for Fields, mainly because I think ATL will shock everyone and draft Justin Fields.
    Last edited by Bluefire; 04-24-2021 at 02:57 PM.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I mean, really....what's the alternative? Roll with Andy ****ing Dalton and hope to win 8 or 9 games? They do not have a QB. Teams that don't have a QB are irrelevant 99.9% of the time. They could go out and try to get a QB or they could wait until next season to find one? Seems pointless to wait and basically punt the season. It would also likely buy Pace/Nagy at least 2 more seasons.

The only problem is there's going to be a lot of teams interested in trading up for Fields if he makes it past #3. I will say this too, the Andy Dalton signing/QB#1 ******** reminds me a lot of the Mike Glennon misdirection when the Bears drafted Mitch. The only way I'll really be interested in this Bears team this season is if they do trade up for a QB, likely Fields or Mac. They better not target Lance.
    Not sure wtf to make of trey lance, but I think heís going to be a good player, just depends where he ends up. I feel like he can do everything that Lamar Jackson can do on the ground AND could probably be a better passer.

If we donít trade up will most likely go for mills, Trusk or Mond, Newman to me seems like a project to me so idk if the bears would want a project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    If we donít trade up will most likely go for mills, Trusk or Mond, Newman to me seems like a project to me so idk if the bears would want a project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am fairly confident in none of those guys mounting to anything. They'd be a waste of a 2nd rounder just to sell the fanbase on a possibility.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Mond at least has the experience I think he could be a solid starter this year. The rest don't interest me. Trask because he is basically foles 2.0.... Newman seems higher upside but also longer term.... And mills seems just like a total project where i don't know what he is or what he could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Mond at least has the experience I think he could be a solid starter this year. The rest don't interest me. Trask because he is basically foles 2.0.... Newman seems higher upside but also longer term.... And mills seems just like a total project where i don't know what he is or what he could be.
    Mond is not good at all

Quote Originally Posted by Freezee View Post
    Not sure wtf to make of trey lance, but I think heís going to be a good player, just depends where he ends up. I feel like he can do everything that Lamar Jackson can do on the ground AND could probably be a better passer.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Lance. He has so much talent and has elite attributes, but the lack of experience and not facing elite competition, makes me worry. The upside is obviously through the roof. I wouldn't be upset with the pick depending if they had to move up for him and how much. I just wouldn't be in favor of a massive trade-up in the top 5 for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Mond is not good at all
    Insert bears QB history here....

To me I think we should have taken more shots at QB over time and I don't think anyone disagrees with that. So im not willing to just not draft a QB over and over again anymore. You cant just write off all these guys IMO

That said. I don't think a project is a good idea because I think at best there is a 50-50 chance this Coaching staff and FO is gone. Meaning the project changes hands and I have brought up in the past how many QBs fail when there is a coaching change in their 1st or 2nd season. And those were top elite level guys not just project players.

But that said I also dont want to send 3 first for the 4th QB in this draft either for the same reason. I don't trust nagy and Co to stay and the coaching change can stunt a QBs growth. And we saw how hard it is to maintain a team after dealing for Mack. Imagine having to rebuild one in that situation.

And FWIW at least mond has experience running the RPO..... Something that mitch didn't and struggles mightily with.... Foles cant run properly because of athletic issues. And Dalton has somehow run less times in his career than Mitch.

Insert bears QB history here....

To me I think we should have taken more shots at QB over time and I don't think anyone disagrees with that. So im not willing to just not draft a QB over and over again anymore. You cant just write off all these guys IMO

That said. I don't think a project is a good idea because I think at best there is a 50-50 chance this Coaching staff and FO is gone. Meaning the project changes hands and I have brought up in the past how many QBs fail when there is a coaching change in their 1st or 2nd season. And those were top elite level guys not just project players.

But that said I also dont want to send 3 first for the 4th QB in this draft either for the same reason. I don't trust nagy and Co to stay and the coaching change can stunt a QBs growth. And we saw how hard it is to maintain a team after dealing for Mack. Imagine having to rebuild one in that situation.

And FWIW at least mond has experience running the RPO..... Something that mitch didn't and struggles mightily with.... Foles cant run properly because of athletic issues. And Dalton has somehow run less times in his career than Mitch.
    Itís not about writing guys off. I would have loved for us to draft Russ back when the Seahawks got him, because I saw true talent from him in college his year with Wisconsin. I also saw the IT factor from Dak in college. I watch a lot of college football. Like a lot a lot, and Mond just simply isnít good.

His hype heading into the draft reminds me of EJ Manuel, who I also felt sucked heading into the draft. You can usually tell who can be an NFL QB by how they handle close games, and late game situations. As a betting man, it was a pretty safe bet mond wasnít going to pull out those types of games for his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Not even remotely interested in trading up for Fields, mainly because I think ATL will shock everyone and draft Justin Fields.
    I dont really think it would be much of a shock. Hes mocked to ATL frequently

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post

I think it would be ironic if he ended with the Falcons, given that how he left GA and the reason he used to have the 1yr sit rule waive for him. (You guys are smart enough to google it up.)
    Screw sabermetics.

Little mock draft for the first round and why I think we should hold off on trading up.

1st- Jags- Trevor Lawrence QB
    Anything other than this would be a surprise
    2nd- Jets- Zach Wilson QB
    Basically as much of a lock as Lawrence
    3rd- 49ers- Mac Jones QB
    Its down to Jones or Lance and I cant see them going with a project like Lance despite the higher upside. They need a win now QB with that roster as loaded as it is. Not a guy 2-3 years down the road.
    4th- Falcons- Kyle Pitts TE
    I cant see the Falcons taking a huge QB risk here. If they were I think they would rebuild which has not been the case this offseason. I also dont forsee the Broncos trading up unless 1 of the remaining 2 QBs gets taken as they reportedly like both Lance and Feilds. and other than that teams who could trade up are the Patriots and Washington and Its not in their DNA to make moves like this. I think the falcons play it safe and add the best prospect available. I actually could see a team like Dallas moving up for Pitts over one moving up for a QB, I could also see them drafting Julios replacement here in Chase too.
    5th- Bangles- Jamar Chase WR
    Do I think this is the Right move... not at all. But at the same time after loosing AJ Green Chase provides them with another Century of WR1 for the QB1. And I could see an argument that Chase is more of a lock to be a superstar WR than Sewell a Franchise LT
    6th- Dolphins- Jallen Waddle WR
    This may come as a shock But I think that Devonte Smiths Frame is going to scare teams off. I think the Dolphins were hoping that Sewell would go before this and there is a good chance they take him here. But something tells me they would rather go with a big time play maker for their QB and worry about the OL latter in the draft. And with Fuller on a 1 year deal Waddle can take over for the injury prone guy
    7th- Lions- Penei Sewell OT
    I have heard the lions would love for Sewell to fall to them. And I just think if the Bangles pass on him Miami may as well. Its also odd that I have not heard a ton on Sewell for the Franchise LT he should be. in fact I have heard many claim he might be bellow Slatter who has his own issues says things to me about the lack of love.
    8th- TRADE: Chicago - Justin Feilds QB
    I think This is the part of the draft where things get interesting. This is the area I could see NE making a move because its within a range. But I think Chicago Beats them out in bidding because NE is also fine with standing pat. Bears Get the QB they want who has a few years of experience over a guy like Lance.
    9th- TRADE- Eagles- Patrick Surtain CB
    Could Easily see the Broncos just sitting here and taking Lance who they are reportedly high on. But I think they get an offer from the Eagles and trust that Dallas isnt going QB and that the Giants wont move or if they do not to a QB needy team. Meaning they can likely get Lance a few spots back and pick up a few picks from the eagles in the process. Risky... sure... but I think the eagles want to jump the Cowboys pretty bad making it an enticing move.
    10th- Cowboys- Rashawn Slater T/G
    Cowboys OL was abysmal last year because of injuries mainly. But Part of that is also still an issue because their Core Guys are up in age. Tyron Smith and Zach Martin are both 30+ and coming off injury riddled seasons. They need Defensive help too But Slater Plugs in and helps day 1.
    11th- TRADE: Vikings - Christian Darrisaw OT
    I do remember mentioning that I dont think the Giants trade down. But I do think the Vikings will want to trade up for Darrisaw who they reportedly love. Getting in front of the Chargers is the only way I see that happening.
    12th- TRADE: Broncos - Trey Lance QB
    Broncos probably make the move of the draft trading down 3 spots and still getting the player they probably would have taken.
    13th- Chargers- Jaycee Horn CB
    Chargers are probably one of the hardest teams to pinpoint what they will do. But they do have needs along the OL and at CB. Horn is a quality QB and probably one of the better prospects remaining.
    14th- Trade: Giants- Kwitty Paye Edge
    Giants Scream a team who is going to make a mistake here. Over draft somebody who should not be. Names on this list include Baramore.... Phillips... or Paye. I go with Paye But honestly they have been a team to do whatever they want despite what draft experts think.
    15th- TRADE: Packers- Devonte Smith WR
    I think it 100% could be fake.... But something tells me that rumored Love trade is real. It makes almost no sense from the Patriots side who traded down as opposed to taking love last year. But I do think there is a real chance the Packers Atone to rodgers by moving up using Jordan love and worry about the future later. I cant see a reason love would even be mentioned in a trade otherwise. And the truth is getting Devonte Smith to pair with Adams and Rodgers.... Jeeze man that looks hella good on paper.
    16th- Cardinals- Caleb Fairley CB
    Cardinals sit in a nice position where they do have some options. But with the release of patrick Peterson they do need a CB pretty bad.
    17th- Raiders- Micah Parsons LB
    Raiders need alot after Basically gutting their OL and still not having a defense to stand on. I think this is Parsons floor though who should be going in the top 10.
    18th- Miami- Zaven Collins LB
    Collins just feels like a Bill Belicheck Chess peice to me and its why I think he would fit so well in Miami. I think he could be used as a pass rusher... Blitzer.... in coverage. It may feel high but his profile is also
    19th- Washington - Alijah Vera-Tucker OT/OG
    Washington needs alot of help. They could really use a QB... but none are available. They could use help all over the OL... They could use another WR... But in the end I think it has to be OL. Scherff is on his 2nd tag and up in age. outside of Mosses you cant name another guy on that OL. Tucker can fill in at Guard or Tackle for them and give them some much needed help
    20th- Trade: Panthers- Asante Samuel JR
    Panthers are still in a rebuilding stage and could go a few different directions. End of the day that Defense still needs a ton of work from the teardown from last year
    21st- Colts- Samuel Cosmi OT Texas
    They need to address the OL at LT since Castanzo retired. I think Some will view this as a reach But Cosmi has legit LT upside where as some of the others rated higher are more likley RT prospects
    22nd- Titans -Teven Jenkins OT
    Titans Floped Big time trying to replace Conklin after he left in FA and drafting Wilson in the First. Jenkins immediately fills in at RT and gives them their Duo at OT tackle back with him and Lewan.
    23rd- Jets- Gregory Rousseau Edge
    I think Some will be surprised when Rousseau goes as high as he might. the fact is this guy was in conversations for a top 5 pick last year. Jets need help all over but if there is one thing that the 49ers did with Salah is its get after the pass rusher. Rousseau gives you a great Pairing with Williams up front.
    24th- Steelers- Najee Harris RB
    Steelers lost James Connor and when he was out the team has looked lost the last two years. Najee Harris has been rumored to them and I cant see it happening any other way
    25th- Jags- Greg Newsome II CB
    Jags could go a dozen different directions with this pick. But Their Defense needs alot of upgrading all over.
    26th- Browns - Christian Barmore DI
    Browns did a great thing Adding Clowney opposite of Garrett.... But the interior now looks pretty abysmal in terms of generating any type of push. Barmore could probably go higher than this.... But its also hard considering he is not an elite pass rusher on the interior either.
    27th- Ravens- Terrence Marshall JR WR
    Ravens have Quite a few needs.... Including OT... WR... and Edge. I think the Ravens need a Bigger WR after some of the.... well Failures of Hollywood Brown which takes a number of guys higher on my board off of theirs. Marshall arguably has the highest upside of any of the WRs sitting here with his combination of size and speed.
    28th- Saints- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB/S
    Saints have a number of directions they could go... but I think Good teams tend to find good players who slip in the draft for one reason or another. Koramoah is an exceptions pass coverage LB or in Box S.
    29th- TRADE: Patriots- Rashod Bateman WR
    Patriots in my mock make a huge draft day trade Landing themselves Jordan love and Rashod Bateman Plus more. I think this trade comes down to a few things like the Patriots inability to trade up and who is sitting there at #15.... But I think the Patriots make this move look good because **** it its the patriots.
    30th- Bills- Azeez Ojulari Edge
    Bills need an edge rusher and youth there because their 2 starting Edges right now are 33 and 32 years old. They really do need some pass rusher though to help out Ed Olliver who is the only guy of note there right now.
    31- Ravens- Joseph Ossai Edge
    I fully expect this pick to be traded down because this might be a little bit of a reach.. and teams allways want to climb up for that extra year lock in. But Ossai Screams ravens to me.
    32- Bucs- Trevon Moehrig S
    Remember that thing I said about good teams having good players fall to them. This is another example of that. IDK if I view Moehrig as a sure thing... but he is surely and upgrade over Jordan Whitehead next to Winfield Jr.

a Few guys who fall out and reasons why

Rondale Moore- Size and injury
    Jaelan Phillips- High upside... But 3 concussions at UCLA and was forced to retire. we all know Concussions tend to not get better but worse the more you have. I think teams will be scared off by this.
    Kadarius Toney- Could easily go higher IMO. But I just see some other guys with higher upside.
    Levi Onwuzurike- HE held out of the season. and I have heard a few teams tend to not like that.
    Tyson Campbell - Speed is there. Play is not Project IMO
    Jayson Oweh- Lack of sack production
    Alex Leatherwood- Fringe 1st round tallent that just slips. He isnt a sexy pick for a LT but will be a high 2nd rounder who can contribute. see him at the jags 2/1 pick

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post

I think alot of that has to do with BS ties that dont make sense. The Falcons have refused to trade Ryan and if they went for a move like this it would be a full rebuild IMO. They are basically sitting there with the 2nd pick in the draft because other teams are going to be over drafting QBs like Wilson or whoever the 49ers take.

IF the Falcons wanted Feilds I dont think there would be talk of trading down either.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I think alot of that has to do with BS ties that dont make sense. The Falcons have refused to trade Ryan and if they went for a move like this it would be a full rebuild IMO. They are basically sitting there with the 2nd pick in the draft because other teams are going to be over drafting QBs like Wilson or whoever the 49ers take.

IF the Falcons wanted Feilds I dont think there would be talk of trading down either.
    I agree....If the Falcons don't trade down Pitts is the guy and a hell of pick IMO.

I get what you are saying and I saw Matt Ryan's cap hit for the next couple of years, but it did not stop NE from drafting Jimmy G (though Jimmy G was a second rd pick .v. a top 5 pick) or GB from drafting Jordan Love or hell even GB drafting Rodgers when they still had Favre.

ATL knows they'll have to move on from Ryan sooner or later and next year's class has solid prospects but Justin Fields might be too tantalizing of a talent to pass on. Smart move would be to take Pitts but if Blank wants Fields.....Fields will be a Falcon.

I know some Bears fans are hoping and/or trying to find a way for Fields to drop but I just don't see him dropping low enough for the Bears to move up to get him.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast