Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezee View Post
    You mean Russell, right? Or you talking about Zach?
    I was referring to Zach in that instance

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that we are going to look back on this draft as one of the worst QB drafts ever..... Simply because of how high up everyone is going to get pushed. Fact is only 1 or two guys max typically become FRANCHISE type QBs. But there are going go be 4 or 5 drafted in the range that they are expected to be. The fact is Lance should be looked at like Jordan Love last year and sit on a playoff team with a QB in place. Mac Jones should be a 2nd round pick. But these guys will probably end up taken in the top 15 ish area meaning expectations are so much higher.

And honesrly what are the odds we get 3 top 15 QBs out of this draft. Probably pretty low.
    This is exactly how I feel. After Lawrence and Miller, I don't think that any of them are typical first round talent. The need is driving them to the top, and they will likely disappoint.

Likely top ten QB picks
    Lawrence (1)
    Wilson (2)

Lance
    Fields
    Jones
    in no particular order to finish out the top 10

I'd be looking for a QB a few rounds down the road. Maybe, just maybe we can get a Mills, Trask, Newman, Mond, or Franks type of guy in the 3rd or 4 rounds. There's even a couple that would likely be there in the 5th, in Buechelle or Ehlinger

I'm glad we are not picking in the top 5 because I don't think anybody after Miller is worth using a pick that high on.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Still feel Totally against it because I dont trust this FO and coaching staff can last the season.... but does anyone else get the feeling its QB or Bust for us in the draft.

IDK.... Again I 100% dont want to because of the fact I think this team is heading for a restructure and the new Coach/GM will need the picks to mold the team..... But it feels like we have done too much research and there is too much smoke IMO about us trying to move up right now.

I mean... honestly I have come to the point where as long as its not Mac Jones.... Im going to deal with it and just pray that this Coaching staff can develop him quick enough to save their *****.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

The case for not trading up:
    The rumor mill is wrong and one or two of the QBs suspected to go ahead of you fall in your lap.
    The rumor mill is right and the run on QBs pushes one of the top CB, T or even WR in your lap...
    Thinking forward with this scenario, there will be less QB hungry teams in 2022

Honestly, unless Fields is dropping past 10, we better not be trading up. There's a very high likelihood that one of the elite OTs or WRs Smith/Toney are there for us at 20. Really should not be wasting picks moving up into the top 10, especially for someone like Lance or Jones.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Can Allen Robinson, #20, and 2022 1st rounder get the bears #6?

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    My Hopes for the draft

1) an OL Preferably a RT
    2) a CB to replace Fuller Long term
    3) a QB in that 3rd tier of guys (Mills/Mond/Trask/Newman) not taken in the 1st 2 rounds ( I think the top guys will cost 3 arms and 4 legs to get from where we sit)
    4) a LB capable of replacing Danny T

Some Luxuries I would not mind reaching on

1) a High upside WR like rondale moore
    2) A High upside Pass rusher like Paye... Rousseau because Quinn is not the answer we needed.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I tell you what, I prefer this year's ND TE then the one we took last year. Doubt he goes as high too.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I tell you what, I prefer this year's ND TE then the one we took last year. Doubt he goes as high too.
    Are you talking Mayer, who has a couple years of college left, or Trimble? Mayer is going to be the best TE ND ever put out

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Are you talking Mayer, who has a couple years of college left, or Trimble? Mayer is going to be the best TE ND ever put out
    Was referring to Trimble. Think he's a perfect case of someone who will be a better pro.

At this point, I'm thinking **** it, trade up for Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Same here lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Plus the fact Nagy was at his Pro day watching in person..

Oh man I hope they do this.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post

Pace was there too apparently just wasn't shown, but he was in the building. I think Pace would be willing to pull the trigger just not sure the ownership will sign off.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post

I mean, really....what's the alternative? Roll with Andy ****ing Dalton and hope to win 8 or 9 games? They do not have a QB. Teams that don't have a QB are irrelevant 99.9% of the time. They could go out and try to get a QB or they could wait until next season to find one? Seems pointless to wait and basically punt the season. It would also likely buy Pace/Nagy at least 2 more seasons.

The only problem is there's going to be a lot of teams interested in trading up for Fields if he makes it past #3. I will say this too, the Andy Dalton signing/QB#1 ******** reminds me a lot of the Mike Glennon misdirection when the Bears drafted Mitch. The only way I'll really be interested in this Bears team this season is if they do trade up for a QB, likely Fields or Mac. They better not target Lance.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast