Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 245
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,465
    I do believe Fields is gonna fall. I've gone back and forth on him this year. Something to me just seems off but that position is such a crapshoot. I'd rather snag someone who falls at 20 or better yet trade down a few spots and collect picks. Every year there's a second tier QB that emerges. Rather take swings there or hopefully turn it over to a new regime with a better draft position next year for a QB.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,216
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I do believe Fields is gonna fall. I've gone back and forth on him this year. Something to me just seems off but that position is such a crapshoot. I'd rather snag someone who falls at 20 or better yet trade down a few spots and collect picks. Every year there's a second tier QB that emerges. Rather take swings there or hopefully turn it over to a new regime with a better draft position next year for a QB.
    Just wish Ridder would have come out. He would've been that dark horse guy we could have gotten at 20 with potential to be the best guy in the class.


    Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,465
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Just wish Ridder would have come out. He would've been that dark horse guy we could have gotten at 20 with potential to be the best guy in the class.
    Yeah that was my guy. Wouldn't be shocked one bit if he was a top 10 pick next year.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,961

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,961

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,216
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Yeah that was my guy. Wouldn't be shocked one bit if he was a top 10 pick next year.
    Yeah if we skip QB this year I hope we get him next year. We'll probably suck enough to get him. He'll have a TON of college starts (which is becoming more and more important to me when evaluating QBs after Mitch) and has all the physical talent you could ask for.


    Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    213
    Davis mills is really growing on me. Solid arm, pocket presence, pocket awareness, is kinda sneaky athletic. I have no faith in the bears to continue to develop him, though. Hes not a sexy name like some of these other dudes, but in the right system he could be the 2nd or 3rd best QB to come out of this draft.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    71,033
    Not even sure what I want to happen besides not moving up for a QB. I don't want Pace throwing away more future draft capital. If Fields slides, then sure, take him at 20, but I'd rather they address something else, then take a QB on Day 2.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Not even sure what I want to happen besides not moving up for a QB. I don't want Pace throwing away more future draft capital. If Fields slides, then sure, take him at 20, but I'd rather they address something else, then take a QB on Day 2.
    If they draft a QB on day 2, there is no way pace and/or nagys jobs are on the line.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    71,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezee View Post
    If they draft a QB on day 2, there is no way pace and/or nagys jobs are on the line.
    I'm not convinced their jobs are on the line. I think they're more safe than fans would like. That feeling isn't based on anything in particular, just a gut feeling.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,392
    Sooo ewww IMO. So 8 QBs in the top 50 nore than likely. Its gotta be Mond Trask and Mills right?

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    5,940
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm not convinced their jobs are on the line. I think they're more safe than fans would like. That feeling isn't based on anything in particular, just a gut feeling.
    Is this why there's a (iffy)report that is suggesting that Pace will not be allowed to make a big trade up in the draft? I think their seats are getting warm but how close are they to losing their jobs? I'm not sure.
    Screw sabermetics.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,392
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm not convinced their jobs are on the line. I think they're more safe than fans would like. That feeling isn't based on anything in particular, just a gut feeling.
    I can actually see this as the case.... However don't both their contracts expire?

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Auroraville, IL
    Posts
    268
    I wouldn't want to draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. If Fields falls, I get it if they drafted him but I prefer that they draft an OL or even a WR like Terrance Marshall or hope that Waddle or Smith fall (very unlikely). I go back and forth whether Pace is on the hot seat because the Bears are more than a QB away from contending and if I were drafting I would go OT in the first OT/OL in the 2nd and stabilize the Offensive Line so when we do suck next year and we have a top 10 pick to use on a QB, he will be protected.


    Trent Dilfer & Tim Hasselbeck

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    7,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezee View Post
    Davis mills is really growing on me. Solid arm, pocket presence, pocket awareness, is kinda sneaky athletic. I have no faith in the bears to continue to develop him, though. Hes not a sexy name like some of these other dudes, but in the right system he could be the 2nd or 3rd best QB to come out of this draft.
    Bad injury history though

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •