Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Who is the next GREAT player currently stuck on a BAD team?

Now that Chris Paul is on Phoenix and their players have been developing it seems like overnight they have become a legitimate playoff team in the West. I look at someone like Devin Booker who averaged 27ppg/7apg/4rpg and didn't even make the all-star team two years ago. It was clear he was going to be a star player but he didn't get the credit yet. Another example is Kyrie Irving when he was languishing on the Cavs before LeBron came home. He was getting it done but didn't have a reputation as a winning player yet.

Is there anyone currently in the NBA that stands out to you as someone who hasn't experienced any TEAM success yet but you believe is a star/winning player and will realize change his reputation soon?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I don't necessarily agree that Booker and Irving are GREAT players. They are very good, but to me "GREAT" means they need to be all-time special players. Irving and Booker are very good scorers but they don't show as well when it comes to defense and leadership. Booker still has a chance to get there but I think Irvings bizarre brain and general lack of physical toughness (he misses a LOT of games) and the fact that 2 teams have decided they are better off without him to me seals that he's just a good player who has wasted his elite talents.

Ja Morant has the potential, and with Jaren Jackson they have the tools to develop together if the team is patient.

SGA in OKC ... they have 32 picks over the next 6 drafts so the team certainly has the assets to build a team.

SGA hands down

Towns. Poor Towns.

1. Zion
    2. Towns
    3. Beal
    4. Wood
    5. Gilgeous-Alexander

Towns would be the one for me. this guy should be in All NBA conversations, but doesn't because his team has been really bad. I am not sure what his peak is cause he isn't a good defender and unlike someone like Jokic isn't a ridiculous passer.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    Towns would be the one for me. this guy should be in All NBA conversations, but doesn't because his team has been really bad. I am not sure what his peak is cause he isn't a good defender and unlike someone like Jokic isn't a ridiculous passer.
    It's hard to judge Towns' defense when he's perpetually been surrounded by bums the closer he's got to an established player. He had Covington for like 1 season, and Butler for 1.

It's not too fair to knock a 19-22 year old for having bad defense he didn't even fill in yet.

Towns & Beal are the first to come to mind. Beal has been loyal in a game where there is no loyalty. There will be a day he regrets wasting all those great years on Washington who donít look any closer to competing than they did 4 years ago.

Julius Randle obviously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Beal 1000%. If you are answering Towns itís disrespect to how good Beal is.

Also Towns sucks at defense and gets overrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vucevic is another one that comes to mind especially being on Orlando Magic

Is Beal really "next"? Doesn't everyone know he's great and he's almost 28 years old ... he seems maybe past "next".

Are guys really "great" then they can't get a team to even be remotely relevant? I deal like Beal might be about as close as you can get. But Towns I think is just another overrated stat stuffer with no D and that makes no one else better, not a leader, etc. He could be a decent Robin to a truly great player like KD or LeBron. KAT is a Kevin Love not an AD.

How about Ja Morant and Jaren Jackson Jr on Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    How about Ja Morant and Jaren Jackson Jr on Memphis
    Huh? When does Memphis suck? From everything I've seen, they always make the most of what they have. I envision Morant having a Conley-like career in Memphis, and Jackson basically being the halfway point between Gasol and Randolph. They're in a good spot, even if Tennessee is kind of a trashy state.