Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I can see pushing for more minority representation in government, but they worded it in the worst way possible if this is their words.

representation in government is still predominantly white and Christians, especially on the republican side, so don't get your panties in a bunch over this.
    How about qualified and forget the rest?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Historically that hasn't always been the case and we both know party loyalty and skin color has played more on who gets what than being qualified for the job. I still remember Browning, who ran horse shows, being head of FEMA during the Bush administration.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

nvm
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Racist? Wouldn’t go that far. Certainly dumb.
    Would Racially Prejidical be better?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    an AAPI was the nominee for OMB until she pulled out of consideration for social media backlash...and now a black woman is likely....
    Oh I understand but I'm also not an Asian American but I can understand if they want proper representation in government then this is a good way for them to get it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    And and what if he didn’t nominate someone? The topic remains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm guessing he will have to nominate someone if he wants his appointees to be approved

Jesus Christ brett. You supported Trump and now you are going to cry about qualified candidates

lololol. How very true.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Oh I understand but I'm also not an Asian American but I can understand if they want proper representation in government then this is a good way for them to get it.

actually, it isn't....you get proper representation by having qualified representatives...not by a high level political version of affirmative action
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Perfect example of why Democrats are losers. They play to lose. The “party of equality” disqualifying candidates for jobs based on their skin colour, gender and sexuality. I don’t think the irony is lost on us. And the president is a Democrat. In a time when they hold full control of Congress. Smh.

And perfect example of how Republicans punk Democrats by pressuring them into stupid positions to see how far they will go.

The party that voted for Donald Trump really doesn't get to preach about nominated qualified people. Shall I rattle off the laundry list of people who were nominated by him that were not qualfied?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

This is not about Trump. It’s about Biden.

And the more important question on the table is not whether this is racism (it may be and it may not be — the way it gets thrown around these days, it’s almost as if the word has no viable definition), nor is it really about qualifications, assuming (one hopes) that there are numerous persons whose qualifications would measure up.

The real question is whether it is the right thing to promote. Given that we do identify certain groups — perhaps an unfortunate thing in and of itself, but a reality — should a cabinet that is ostensibly making important decisions about all Americans be as representative as possible of those groups that comprise the population?
    Last edited by Crovash; 03-24-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    white people aren't being oppressed. you aren't a victim.
    ....but he certainly plays one on PSD!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    actually, it isn't....you get proper representation by having qualified representatives...not by a high-level political version of affirmative action
    You know that would ring better if minorities had proper representation in the past, but I get what you mean. Looking at the Republican members of congress, you just get a feeling, with their track record, that they don't represent all Americans.

Now that we got native Americans and Muslims in congress we are starting to hear more of their concerns and viewpoints, which is much needed, on our foreign policies. Too long have we ignore these people and others, so it isn't surprising that they are adamant about seeing someone like themselves in office. Once again, it can't solely be about the skin color or ethnicity but what they are pushing as well. We don't need a black version of Mitch, Pelosi or Sue Collins. That would serve the donor class more than the ethnic circles they came from. There is a reason why the word "Uncle Tom" was invented.

Really, it comes down to getting money out of politics and congressional members following their constituent's needs more than the maning the party line. There was a republican who represented a pre-dominate black area who supported suppressing the vote. I am sure he is qualified for his position but he didn't serve his voters with this move, in fact he was being hostile to their needs.
    Last edited by WES445; 03-24-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Martin Luther King.

If minorities had proper representatives when this country was founded, do you think slavery, Jim Crow would have been tolerated for so long let alone established in the first place?

Martin Luther King.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast