Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 89
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what is the Asian representation currently compared to the Asian population in America. find that.
    I don't know what it is, but given the jump in hate crimes against them in the past year it is clearly not enough.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    98,550
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Guess you are forgetting these past things now that a democrat administration is running things. You probably going to forget about yours complaints about qualifications when a republican administration comes back. You are so predictable weak with your accusations.
    It's like with the Men in Black neuralyzer.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,581
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what would the appropriate representation be for specific minorities? 50/50 minorities/white. not if you're using population.

    why do we routinely hear about disproportionate minorities in jail/prison based on the population (which itself doesn't make sense), but not when it comes to things where some want equal representation.
    Do you think it has to do with America’s huge history of oppressing minorities or is that a coincidence? Lol

    God you can’t see beyond your own prejudice. Imagine if you even tried to study the history of the country you fetishize so much

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    why do we routinely hear about disproportionate minorities in jail/prison based on the population (which itself doesn't make sense), but not when it comes to things where some want equal representation.
    Because jail and prison have historically been used as systems to oppress.

    When slaves were first freed in the south they just started imprisoning them and making them work the fields again.

    https://theconversation.com/prison-r...ginnings-96612

    You should read that link. There's a good graph at the end showing it very clearly.

    This is systemic racism.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 03-25-2021 at 06:18 AM.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,946
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If this is true, why did colored have separate water fountains just 50 years ago?

    If.what you're saying is true there never would have been a need for affirmative action to begin with.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    whoa whoa here....don't flip this in a direction way upfield from what I was inferring
    I was talking about the president filling his cabinet with qualified people, a cabinet he's already been better than most about increasing the number of women and minorities in. I was simply suggesting that an Asian American in a cabinet post is fine....if they're qualified for it, not if their ancestry is the larger reason.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,184
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I don't know what it is, but given the jump in hate crimes against them in the past year it is clearly not enough.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    any rise in hate crimes has nothing to do with it. representation should be based on population.

    you don't need more representation for a better message to stop hate crimes against anyone Asian, more representation is not what would help stop that.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,184
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Do you think it has to do with America’s huge history of oppressing minorities or is that a coincidence? Lol

    God you can’t see beyond your own prejudice. Imagine if you even tried to study the history of the country you fetishize so much
    of course you wouldn't understand what I said.

    we keep hearing about minorities being disproportionately in prison, as if the only possible reason is because they are a minority, as if they certainly did not commit any of the crimes they were convicted for. and people believe this stupidity.

    some wrongly convicted sure, but all or even most, stop.



    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Because jail and prison have historically been used as systems to oppress.

    When slaves were first freed in the south they just started imprisoning them and making them work the fields again.

    https://theconversation.com/prison-r...ginnings-96612

    You should read that link. There's a good graph at the end showing it very clearly.

    This is systemic racism.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,098
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Would Racially Prejidical be better?
    Yeah.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    whoa whoa here....don't flip this in a direction way upfield from what I was inferring
    I was talking about the president filling his cabinet with qualified people, a cabinet he's already been better than most about increasing the number of women and minorities in. I was simply suggesting that an Asian American in a cabinet post is fine....if they're qualified for it, not if their ancestry is the larger reason.
    Sure but I'm pointing out why i think we may be in a place where we kinda of have to force these changes rather than let them happen organically. I dont think we are yet at a place where it would happen organically, too many inherit biases still exist. Maybe soon we will be there.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    any rise in hate crimes has nothing to do with it. representation should be based on population.

    you don't need more representation for a better message to stop hate crimes against anyone Asian, more representation is not what would help stop that.
    If there is a rise in hate crime then that group is not represented enough to kill these sort of biases against them, so it needs to be better.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    of course you wouldn't understand what I said.

    we keep hearing about minorities being disproportionately in prison, as if the only possible reason is because they are a minority, as if they certainly did not commit any of the crimes they were convicted for. and people believe this stupidity.

    some wrongly convicted sure, but all or even most, stop.
    Is this a reply to my post?

    Did you read the link I posted? Thoughts?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,946
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Sure but I'm pointing out why i think we may be in a place where we kinda of have to force these changes rather than let them happen organically. I dont think we are yet at a place where it would happen organically, too many inherit biases still exist. Maybe soon we will be there.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    you realize, this box was checked already...for the very position they're pushing for...but the candidate removed themselves from consideration...right? ....so the country should accept a less qualified person instead?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    you realize, this box was checked already...for the very position they're pushing for...but the candidate removed themselves from consideration...right? ....so the country should accept a less qualified person instead?
    I dont know what you're referring to.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Yeah.
    But is ot better? Is it better to be racially prejudicial instead of "racist" whats the practical difference.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,946
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont know what you're referring to.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Neera Tanden was Biden's original appointee for OMB director
    She withdrew over some tweets
    Her parents migrated from India, so she's an Asian American

    Now the deputy director nominee is Biden's choice for director
    Shalanda Young, a black woman

    Would it make more logical sense to go deep enough in the remaining pool to find another Asian?
    The next backlash then would be...would it also have to be a woman?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •