Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would ya?

Would ya?

Recently Bowden grabbed some headlines suggesting a blockbuster NY-Colorado trade. Bowden's reasoning behind this trade is that 2021 is "World Series or bust" for the Bombers. Story is in the final year of his contract with the Rockies and no negotiations on an extension have taken place to this point. Rather than allowing the shortstop to walk in free agency, Colorado gets four young studs in return.

Bowden's bold proposed trade:

Yankees acquire: SS Trevor Story, RHP Germán Márquez, RHP Daniel Bard

Rockies acquire: RHP Deivi García, RHP Jonathan Loaisiga, 3B Gio Urshela, INF Miguel Andújar

Would ya? Torres goes beck to 2B, DJ to 3B and one of the best players in the game takes over at SS. As much as I like Torres and would love to see him develop as the Yankees SS, Story is a special player. Torres may never be the SS we all hope, at 2B he has the chance.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Yes!!!

Ignorance is bliss

I don't like giving up Garcia, But I would do the trade. In a heart beat... Besides it just makes our roster more rounded instead of having players we just don't have spots for. Plus it gives DJ a every day spot instead of moving him around.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Recently Bowden grabbed some headlines suggesting a blockbuster NY-Colorado trade. Bowden's reasoning behind this trade is that 2021 is "World Series or bust" for the Bombers. Story is in the final year of his contract with the Rockies and no negotiations on an extension have taken place to this point. Rather than allowing the shortstop to walk in free agency, Colorado gets four young studs in return.

Bowden's bold proposed trade:

Yankees acquire: SS Trevor Story, RHP Germán Márquez, RHP Daniel Bard

Rockies acquire: RHP Deivi García, RHP Jonathan Loaisiga, 3B Gio Urshela, INF Miguel Andújar

Would ya? Torres goes beck to 2B, DJ to 3B and one of the best players in the game takes over at SS. As much as I like Torres and would love to see him develop as the Yankees SS, Story is a special player. Torres may never be the SS we all hope, at 2B he has the chance.

Only one there I'd not be happy giving up would be Urshela, but the final result outweighs that. That's a yes for me.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Story is a great defensive and offensive ss. He is also the same type of hitter the yankees already have an overabundance of, someone who swings for the fences and doesn't do much more. No thanks.

Obviously, it is based on the open the wallet philosophy. So, we get better talent, which is always better than lesser talent and pay more for it. I'd do it, since we get one of the top SS in the game and I'd prefer Torres at 2B and we give DJ a permanent home. Yes, Urshella's great, but we sell high on him. To get a top two way SS, we should sell high on either him or Voit, especially while their salaries aren't a hindrance to trade them, and Voit's potential power numbers are off the charts. Torres has too much potential and if he doesn't work out, we might already be grooming his replacement the next couple of years. I also want to see Andujar have a chance in Colorado. He could rack up some tremendous stats out there.

^^ Succinct and to the point. I agree.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Only one there I'd not be happy giving up would be Urshela, but the final result outweighs that. That's a yes for me.
    This. Garcia is good too but for these guys coming back I wouldn't miss him.

I say no thank you . Like someone said earlier in this thread , story is a type of hitter that the Yankees have plenty of . And on top of that I don’t see the sense in weakening the defense at 3b by losing urshela and replacing him with someone who hasn’t played many games there . I also don’t like trading Garcia either . I think if he stays healthy he could be as good as Marquez. I also don’t believe at all that the yanks are ws or bust this season or they wouldn’t have gone so cheap in the off season.

I am gonna be hated for this but I would do the trade as is if it was Torres instead of urshela . That way dj can stay at 2b where he has played by far the most at in his career and really solidify the defense with story at ss , urshela at 3b
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-22-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Story is a great defensive and offensive ss. He is also the same type of hitter the yankees already have an overabundance of, someone who swings for the fences and doesn't do much more. No thanks.
    Anyone who K's a bit is deemed a swing for the fence hitter or all or nothing hitter? He is a near .300 hitter over the past three seasons. This is just a bad take.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Anyone who K's a bit is deemed a swing for the fence hitter or all or nothing hitter? He is a near .300 hitter over the past three seasons. This is just a bad take.
    He does K at a decent clip. 1 out of roughly 3.5 PAs ends with a K.
    But he also takes his walks and gets on base at a career 343 clip
    He clearly hits to all fields. He can steal bases. He is a fantastic fielder.
    Would I prefer Lindor? Yes. But he is a very agreeable second option.

I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He does K at a decent clip. 1 out of roughly 3.5 PAs ends with a K.
    But he also takes his walks and gets on base at a career 343 clip
    He clearly hits to all fields. He can steal bases. He is a fantastic fielder.
    Would I prefer Lindor? Yes. But he is a very agreeable second option.

I would make that trade in a heartbeat.
    His K% was under 25% last season. Wouldn't that be 1 out of every 4 PA? Still guys who K at a below average rate at like 19-20% only K a few times less per 100 PA than say someone at 25% K%. It is not much of a difference.

My point is people act like a guy who Ks at a 25% rate is a all or nothing power hitter while a guy who Ks at a 20% rate is a decent hitter. It is a small difference in strikeouts per 100 PA.

People keep knocking power guys. If they are home run or nothing like Chris Davis then sure they are useless. If they are hitting for a solid average, getting on base, and hitting for power, then the power is just an added bonus.

His K% was under 25% last season. Wouldn't that be 1 out of every 4 PA? Still guys who K at a below average rate at like 19-20% only K a few times less per 100 PA than say someone at 25% K%. It is not much of a difference.

My point is people act like a guy who Ks at a 25% rate is a all or nothing power hitter while a guy who Ks at a 20% rate is a decent hitter. It is a small difference in strikeouts per 100 PA.

People keep knocking power guys. If they are home run or nothing like Chris Davis then sure they are useless. If they are hitting for a solid average, getting on base, and hitting for power, then the power is just an added bonus.
    For sure. I was agreeing with you. He's more than a power hitter. He's a hitter. I did the division wrong for his k rate.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    For sure. I was agreeing with you. He's more than a power hitter. He's a hitter. I did the division wrong for his k rate.
    Oh yeah, I know. Just saying there seems to be this narrative on this forum that if you K above 20% or so then you aren't that good of a hitter.

No one in this thread is really knocking power guys , what is being said is that the yanks already have enough power guys in the lineup and don’t really need another .

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast