Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    As I predicted well before your post here. Try to keep up.

As for “freedom of religious practice”, just like with everything else related to practicing religion in a (misnamed) “free country”, there are boundaries which the civilized in society accept. This legislation operates at one of those boundaries.
    Ya there is precedent here too so while making that argument was going to be obvious I don't necessarily think they have much legal precedent/standing on this issue from what I have seen (and given this is not the first state doing so).

As I predicted well before your post here. Try to keep up.

As for “freedom of religious practice”, just like with everything else related to practicing religion in a (misnamed) “free country”, there are boundaries which the civilized in society accept. This legislation operates at one of those boundaries.
    And this boundary will obviously be a point of contention as people do not want to give up their religious freedom.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    And this boundary will obviously be a point of contention as people do not want to give up their religious freedom.
    Exactly the same reason it will be a point of contention for people who do not want to jeopardize public health. One is based on science the other based on something else.

Exactly the same reason it will be a point of contention for people who do not want to jeopardize public health. One is based on science the other based on something else.
    It's based on religion. If you have no religion that's fine, that's your choice, but other people do, and they have a right to practice their religion.

As a muslim I dont consume pig products. If a vaccine is released that is derived from pig, I should not be FORCED to take it.

Last edited by nastynice; 05-03-2021 at 06:01 PM.

It's based on religion. If you have no religion that's fine, that's your choice, but other people do, and they have a right to practice their religion.
    As a public health official, or as a legislator, I have an obligation to serve the needs of all children — even the children of parents who refuse to follow the science. Therefore, until those parents can present adequate evidence that their so-called belief somehow protects their children (and other children) from such deseases as measels and mumps, I take my obligation seriously.

As a muslim I dont consume pig products. If a vaccine is released that is derived from pig, I should not be FORCED to take it.
    But your children should be.

As a public health official, or as a legislator, I have an obligation to serve the needs of all children — even the children of parents who refuse to follow the science. Therefore, until those parents can present adequate evidence that their so-called belief somehow protects their children (and other children) from such deseases as measels and mumps, I take my obligation seriously.

But your children should be.
    But by forcing children to take vaccines to are NOT serving the needs of all children. You are ignoring the needs of particular children who hold particular religious beliefs.

The vaccine is available for anyone who wants it. Certain people have certain reasons they cannot take the vaccine.

But by forcing children to take vaccines to are NOT serving the needs of all children. You are ignoring the needs of particular children who hold particular religious beliefs.
    No, their parents hold those beliefs.

Furthermore, their parents can home-school them if their beliefs are so crucial to them.

No, their parents hold those beliefs.

Furthermore, their parents can home-school them if their beliefs are so crucial to them.
    No, children hold beliefs as well.

Yes, they can, and maybe kids who medically cannot take the vaccine can be home schooled as well.

No, children hold beliefs as well.
    I never said the children did or did not. This is all about deciding whether or not to receive vaccinations, Their parents are the ones making this decision, not the children. What the children believe is irrelevant, and you know it.

Yes, they can, and maybe kids who medically cannot take the vaccine can be home schooled as well.
    Now you are just whining.

I never said the children did or did not. This is all about deciding whether or not to receive vaccinations, Their parents are the ones making this decision, not the children. What the children believe is irrelevant, and you know it.

Now you are just whining.
    It's relevant because the same way I chose not to eat pepperoni pizza in 2nd grade could be the same way I could potentially not take a vaccine.

lol, I'm not whining, I'm just saying if the issue is that an unvaccinated child is a danger to the rest of the kids, then shouldnt all unvaccinated children be treated a certain way for the sake of the other kids?

It's relevant because the same way I chose not to eat pepperoni pizza in 2nd grade could be the same way I could potentially not take a vaccine.
    This is arguably the most dismissably clownish thing you have posted in a while.

lol, I'm not whining,
    Of course you are whining. It’s what you do when you have no clue as to what you are talking about. See above.

Over and out.

This is arguably the most dismissably clownish thing you have posted in a while.

Of course you are whining. It’s what you do when you have no clue as to what you are talking about. See above.

Over and out.
    lol, if you have no response just leave it be..

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213