Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 192 of 192
  1. #181
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    As I predicted well before your post here. Try to keep up.

    As for “freedom of religious practice”, just like with everything else related to practicing religion in a (misnamed) “free country”, there are boundaries which the civilized in society accept. This legislation operates at one of those boundaries.
    Ya there is precedent here too so while making that argument was going to be obvious I don't necessarily think they have much legal precedent/standing on this issue from what I have seen (and given this is not the first state doing so).

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    As I predicted well before your post here. Try to keep up.

    As for “freedom of religious practice”, just like with everything else related to practicing religion in a (misnamed) “free country”, there are boundaries which the civilized in society accept. This legislation operates at one of those boundaries.
    And this boundary will obviously be a point of contention as people do not want to give up their religious freedom.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,086
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    And this boundary will obviously be a point of contention as people do not want to give up their religious freedom.
    Exactly the same reason it will be a point of contention for people who do not want to jeopardize public health. One is based on science the other based on something else.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Exactly the same reason it will be a point of contention for people who do not want to jeopardize public health. One is based on science the other based on something else.
    It's based on religion. If you have no religion that's fine, that's your choice, but other people do, and they have a right to practice their religion.

    As a muslim I dont consume pig products. If a vaccine is released that is derived from pig, I should not be FORCED to take it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 05-03-2021 at 06:01 PM.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,086
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's based on religion. If you have no religion that's fine, that's your choice, but other people do, and they have a right to practice their religion.
    As a public health official, or as a legislator, I have an obligation to serve the needs of all children — even the children of parents who refuse to follow the science. Therefore, until those parents can present adequate evidence that their so-called belief somehow protects their children (and other children) from such deseases as measels and mumps, I take my obligation seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    As a muslim I dont consume pig products. If a vaccine is released that is derived from pig, I should not be FORCED to take it.
    But your children should be.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    As a public health official, or as a legislator, I have an obligation to serve the needs of all children — even the children of parents who refuse to follow the science. Therefore, until those parents can present adequate evidence that their so-called belief somehow protects their children (and other children) from such deseases as measels and mumps, I take my obligation seriously.

    But your children should be.
    But by forcing children to take vaccines to are NOT serving the needs of all children. You are ignoring the needs of particular children who hold particular religious beliefs.

    The vaccine is available for anyone who wants it. Certain people have certain reasons they cannot take the vaccine.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,086
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    But by forcing children to take vaccines to are NOT serving the needs of all children. You are ignoring the needs of particular children who hold particular religious beliefs.
    No, their parents hold those beliefs.

    Furthermore, their parents can home-school them if their beliefs are so crucial to them.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    No, their parents hold those beliefs.

    Furthermore, their parents can home-school them if their beliefs are so crucial to them.
    No, children hold beliefs as well.

    Yes, they can, and maybe kids who medically cannot take the vaccine can be home schooled as well.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,086
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, children hold beliefs as well.
    I never said the children did or did not. This is all about deciding whether or not to receive vaccinations, Their parents are the ones making this decision, not the children. What the children believe is irrelevant, and you know it.

    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes, they can, and maybe kids who medically cannot take the vaccine can be home schooled as well.
    Now you are just whining.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I never said the children did or did not. This is all about deciding whether or not to receive vaccinations, Their parents are the ones making this decision, not the children. What the children believe is irrelevant, and you know it.

    Now you are just whining.
    It's relevant because the same way I chose not to eat pepperoni pizza in 2nd grade could be the same way I could potentially not take a vaccine.

    lol, I'm not whining, I'm just saying if the issue is that an unvaccinated child is a danger to the rest of the kids, then shouldnt all unvaccinated children be treated a certain way for the sake of the other kids?



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,086
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's relevant because the same way I chose not to eat pepperoni pizza in 2nd grade could be the same way I could potentially not take a vaccine.
    This is arguably the most dismissably clownish thing you have posted in a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, I'm not whining,
    Of course you are whining. It’s what you do when you have no clue as to what you are talking about. See above.

    Over and out.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    This is arguably the most dismissably clownish thing you have posted in a while.

    Of course you are whining. It’s what you do when you have no clue as to what you are talking about. See above.

    Over and out.
    lol, if you have no response just leave it be..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •