Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    So with Sam definitely taking the shield I'm curious where they go from here. I'm pretty sure they'll want to get a Captain America 4 movie in soon but I'd hate to see him immediately put on the backburner for three years. I am hopeful that both Sam and Bucky could play a big part in Secret Invasion. We really havn't heard of any heroes involved yet except Photon from Wandavision. That could help bridge the gap until a late 2023 or early 2024 Captain America 4. Maybe we'll get another post credits teaser about Secret Invasoin on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    First: Dreyfus' character has connections to the character or Madam Hydra in the comics. Madame Hydra has a major hand in the "Secret Invasion" storyline, which is coming to the MCU. I think it's cut and dry about Contessa's role will be. Question is, where does Walker fit in Contessa's plan? The Thunderbolts, imo, are coming.

Second: The box, IMO, it's got to be a Wakandian made Captain America uniform.

Third: I think it's too easy to assume Sharon is the Power Broker. I think that's a red herring.
    Agree. Sharon is red herring. My bet she playing a part for Nick Fury or other government officials. Giving Batroc orders can be a part of a bigger scheme. I am sure there are others within the government who would love to get that serum before Bucky and Falcon.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Agree. Sharon is red herring. My bet she playing a part for Nick Fury or other government officials. Giving Batroc orders can be a part of a bigger scheme. I am sure there are others within the government who would love to get that serum before Bucky and Falcon.
    Nick Fury is off in space and doesn't really have much to do with the government right now. But i guess since he's got some skrulls doing his work on earth he could definitely be behind whatever is going on with Sharon. That would actually make a lot of sense and be a good way to draw this whole crew into the Secret Invasion stuff.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 04-20-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Nick Fury is off in space and doesn't really have much to do with the government right now. But i guess since he's got some skrulls doing his work on earth he could definitely be behind whatever is going on with Sharon. That would actually make a lot of sense and be a good way to draw this whole crew into the Secret Invasion stuff.
    Think secret invasion being an alien invasion. In WandaVision, Monica got an invite to Fury's command maybe something similar will happen to Bucky and Falcon. A series center around Nick is in the works, so it could be an endgame for the TV side of Marvel.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

It would be nice if they make this show into something similar to "Winter Solider'. Not everything Marvel has to be a big powerful foe. Deadly organizations would do nicely here. Take a page, just one, from the Mission Impossible franchise.

Martin Luther King.

It would be nice if they make this show into something similar to "Winter Solider'. Not everything Marvel has to be a big powerful foe. Deadly organizations would do nicely here. Take a page, just one, from the Mission Impossible franchise.
    To be fair though, how much is a Ďdeadly organizationí really going to match up against super hero?

Itís a nice little back story but Hydra wasnít much of a threat at all in the grand scheme of things. I like more the idea of a deadly organization with super villains though. Hydra really didnít have that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    To be fair though, how much is a Ďdeadly organizationí really going to match up against super hero?

Itís a nice little back story but Hydra wasnít much of a threat at all in the grand scheme of things. I like more the idea of a deadly organization with super villains though. Hydra really didnít have that.

Before Civil War I'd agree with you but Zemo proved that "just a man" can be a real threat to the super heroes. In a small way he helped snap away half of the universe, without the avengers splintered through Zemo's action I don't think Thanos wins. A group like Zemo or lead by Zemo could be a real problem. The Avengers and world seems pretty fragile now with Strange focusing on rifts in time space caused (potentially) by Wanda, Wanda and Hawkeye hiding, Thor and CM off world for the foreseeable future, Hulk injured from the snap and Captain America/Iron Man, and Black Widow dead. There is a lot of talent left but it is fractured and focused on their own issues, leaving room for a real dangerous organization to step in and reek havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Before Civil War I'd agree with you but Zemo proved that "just a man" can be a real threat to the super heroes. In a small way he helped snap away half of the universe, without the avengers splintered through Zemo's action I don't think Thanos wins. A group like Zemo or lead by Zemo could be a real problem. The Avengers and world seems pretty fragile now with Strange focusing on rifts in time space caused (potentially) by Wanda, Wanda and Hawkeye hiding, Thor and CM off world for the foreseeable future, Hulk injured from the snap and Captain America/Iron Man, and Black Widow dead. There is a lot of talent left but it is fractured and focused on their own issues, leaving room for a real dangerous organization to step in and reek havoc.
    I think his group will be lead by highly trained and probably powerful people though. Outside of Redskull, what powerful people did Hydra have? It was more just an undermining organization.

I think an organization is fine but itíll have to be more Ďsupedí up than hydra was. I believe thatís where itíll be headed too.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post

I am not talking mano on mano action, but the storyline. Dark Avengers could become their henchmen, like those who were in SHIELD. Judging from the last part of your post, you are seeing how an evil/ruthless group could be dangerous.

It seems that our new Capt. American got an invite to the dark side.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-21-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Martin Luther King.

Monica got a invite from Fury. With all these invites going out, maybe we are seeing the battle line forming for the next "Endgame" story.

Martin Luther King.

I am not talking mano on mano action, but the storyline. Dark Avengers could become their henchmen, like those who were in SHIELD. Judging from the last part of your post, you are seeing how an evil/ruthless group could be dangerous.

It seems that our new Capt. American got an invite to the dark side.
    Oh for sure. This type of evil suped group will be fun.

So Sharon Carter is definitely a Skrull. I liked the episode but it definitely feels more like a season finale then a series finale. I know COVID messed up some of the plans but the flagsmashers we're pretty underwhelming villains. Lots of dangling threads left. I'm betting we're going to get another Cap and Bucky series before we get to Secret Invasion or any movies. Which works for me. These two are great together.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 04-23-2021 at 04:00 AM.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh Marvel and D+ are 0/2 on satisfying finales for me.

It is ironic for a franchise that has made its money on people punching each other, for the punching in this show, and especially the finale, to be so weak. The action was the worst part imo. The quiet contemplative moments and the discussions through out the series were far better imo. So spending 30ish minutes fighting started to bore me. Part of that does have to do with the disappointing villains, and how Karli seemingly went from revolutionary to terrorist like that without a lot of thought. They provided opportunities for those contemplative (like after the initial bombing) moments but never seemed to happen. So when she dies I didn't really care. I feel like we were robbed of a really good moment between Bucky and Yuri. I wanted more and what we got felt rushed.

Sharon being the power broker is confusing but w/e, if she is a skrull I can accept it even if I am not thrilled with it. Definitely interesting to see where it goes. Especially now that she will have access to nuclear codes, secrets, weapons etc.

Isaiah getting his moment and statue in the museum is really nice, I want to see a one off or a mini-series with him and Eli down the line. Carl Lumbly was fantastic as Isaiah. Falcons speech also was really important, if a bit Captain Planet corny-ish. Curious to see how they deal with him as Captain America going forward, we know it can't be this smooth.

John Walker's turn felt rushed. I am fine with keeping him around as to me he was one of the better parts of this show and a fantastic acting performance from Wyatt Russell. I can even accept him staying around as a black ops agent-esque kind of character where he can be good and bad as the mission needs. I just feel like everything for him came off too smooth and easy, but maybe that is by design. Going for a white privilege allegory perhaps?

The biggest issue for me is the ending felt rushed, one of the major same issues I had with WandaVision. I really liked the show, the acting, and I am really looking forward to things they can potentially do down the road. I am also glad they went deeper than I thought they would into social issues, it gave the series more weight and definitely called me back to some of the better movies in this franchise, ie Winter Soldier. Solid 7.5/10 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Ehhhhhhhhhhh Marvel and D+ are 0/2 on satisfying finales for me.

It is ironic for a franchise that has made its money on people punching each other, for the punching in this show, and especially the finale, to be so weak. The action was the worst part imo. The quiet contemplative moments and the discussions through out the series were far better imo. So spending 30ish minutes fighting started to bore me. Part of that does have to do with the disappointing villains, and how Karli seemingly went from revolutionary to terrorist like that without a lot of thought. They provided opportunities for those contemplative (like after the initial bombing) moments but never seemed to happen. So when she dies I didn't really care. I feel like we were robbed of a really good moment between Bucky and Yuri. I wanted more and what we got felt rushed.

Sharon being the power broker is confusing but w/e, if she is a skrull I can accept it even if I am not thrilled with it. Definitely interesting to see where it goes. Especially now that she will have access to nuclear codes, secrets, weapons etc.

Isaiah getting his moment and statue in the museum is really nice, I want to see a one off or a mini-series with him and Eli down the line. Carl Lumbly was fantastic as Isaiah. Falcons speech also was really important, if a bit Captain Planet corny-ish. Curious to see how they deal with him as Captain America going forward, we know it can't be this smooth.

John Walker's turn felt rushed. I am fine with keeping him around as to me he was one of the better parts of this show and a fantastic acting performance from Wyatt Russell. I can even accept him staying around as a black ops agent-esque kind of character where he can be good and bad as the mission needs. I just feel like everything for him came off too smooth and easy, but maybe that is by design. Going for a white privilege allegory perhaps?

The biggest issue for me is the ending felt rushed, one of the major same issues I had with WandaVision. I really liked the show, the acting, and I am really looking forward to things they can potentially do down the road. I am also glad they went deeper than I thought they would into social issues, it gave the series more weight and definitely called me back to some of the better movies in this franchise, ie Winter Soldier. Solid 7.5/10 overall.
    4 and 5 were my favorites episodes and really built up my expectations. So last night's episode fell flat in a lot of ways. I give them a little slack because COVID messed up production and is probably responsible for how rushed it ended up. Overall I thought the show did a great job of setting up Sam as the new Captain. But i really hope the plan was to continue these narratives on Disney Plus in the near future. I'll agree both shows have been really great at building a story and not so good at concluding it. Still very satisifed with the great character building though.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 04-23-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    4 and 5 were my favorites episodes and really built up my expectations. So last night's episode fell flat in a lot of ways. I give them a little slack because COVID messed up production and is probably responsible for how rushed it ended up. Overall I thought the show did a great job of setting up Sam as the new Captain. But i really hope the plan was to continue these narratives on Disney Plus in the near future. I'll agree both shows have been really great at building a story and not so good at concluding it. Still very satisifed with the great character building though.
    Yeah, you can feel the covid influenced issues from the Flag Smashers. There is a lot missing for them that would have given them more purpose and probably helped flesh out the Karli character more. There was a reported plotline about a virus (and the terrigen bomb) as well but that was cut out for Covid reasons. TBH I don't want to watch a movie or show right now about a deadly virus.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast