Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 741
  1. #526
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,200
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The reason is because the volume of accusations not lending credibility but actually increasing your disbelief is what bothers me most.

    Thatís the exact opposite of how it normally works. Iíve never heard a story where someone said ďthis happened and I was skepticalĒ and then 21 other people came up and said it happened and I was more skeptical.

    And I donít care if you think 100% of the accusations are true, if you think even one is true you should think itís bad. It shouldnít take more than a single instance for you to feel what Watson did was wrong.
    I never said it didnít lend credibility. Iím not even skeptical. My disbelief is this many in this short of a time? How without it becoming something sooner?!?

    And you never asked me if what I think Watson did is wrong, so you are making an assumption because Iím dumbfounded in disbelief of how many accusations in how short of a time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #527
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,200
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No one is twisting your POV, we all understand you arenít openly defending Watson and that you are simply skeptical about the claims. Itís your skepticism we think is wrong at this point.
    Iím not skeptical of the claims. So please do a better job of understanding.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #528
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    338
    Maybe they wanted to put a face. Over in the lawsuits. As that it was a risk. But maybe work taking to put a face on it. Not wanting money. But justice.
    Mother's Day 2021!

  4. #529
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,200
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually multiple women have come forward and spoken about it at this point.
    Yes the SI woman who isnít represented by Buzbee and the one from the press conference are to who have public ally come forth with their names attached. But a majority are coming passed through by the lawyer.

    Again not saying their stories arenít true, but itís the lawyer telling you what they said.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #530
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,753
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I never said it didnít lend credibility. Iím not even skeptical. My disbelief is this many in this short of a time? How without it becoming something sooner?!?

    And you never asked me if what I think Watson did is wrong, so you are making an assumption because Iím dumbfounded in disbelief of how many accusations in how short of a time.
    Generally when someone gets away with illegal or improper behavior after the first offense, they do it more frequently believing they wonít get caught because they werenít caught when they did it initially. Then as they do it more they become more relaxed and less guarded about the behavior because theyíve gotten away with it for so long.

    There was a first year for Epstein, or Weinstein, or any of them.

    To your point, you say itís skeptical that someone would commit this many sexual acts in this short a time frame. Well, itís just as skeptical that someone would even use 50 different masseuses in this short a time frame.

  6. #531
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,753
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iím not skeptical of the claims. So please do a better job of understanding.
    So you believe the claims are true?

  7. #532
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,996
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Show me where I questioned the validity of the claims. Yes I very much have an issue with everything Buzbee is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I feel like thereís truth to some of this but the scale of how many makes me question some of this.
    Idk how you can deem this anything other than "skeptical"


    Not understanding the law/representing a client is a personal problem. Those claims you are making are invalid in regards to the case. Like a said, Buzbee is a scumbag personally. He's doing everything by the books legally. You have to be able to separate the lawyer from the client.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  8. #533
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,200
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Generally when someone gets away with illegal or improper behavior after the first offense, they do it more frequently believing they wonít get caught because they werenít caught when they did it initially. Then as they do it more they become more relaxed and less guarded about the behavior because theyíve gotten away with it for so long.

    There was a first year for Epstein, or Weinstein, or any of them.

    To your point, you say itís skeptical that someone would commit this many sexual acts in this short a time frame. Well, itís just as skeptical that someone would even use 50 different masseuses in this short a time frame.
    Iím not disagreeing with your first point at all. Yes there is a genesis to all of it.

    But to the last point there that itís just as skeptical that someone uses 50 different masseuses in a short time frame....yes thatís what Iíve been saying. Like how do you go through that many? How do you escalate this fast that thereís nothing that predates this behavior (despite some saying there has been Iíve yet to see any articles stating that linked)?

    Again itís not saying I donít believe the women to say holy **** thatís so many in such a short period of time, can it be possible.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #534
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,200
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you believe the claims are true?
    I believe there is truth in all of them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #535
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,753
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iím not disagreeing with your first point at all. Yes there is a genesis to all of it.

    But to the last point there that itís just as skeptical that someone uses 50 different masseuses in a short time frame....yes thatís what Iíve been saying. Like how do you go through that many? How do you escalate this fast that thereís nothing that predates this behavior (despite some saying there has been Iíve yet to see any articles stating that linked)?

    Again itís not saying I donít believe the women to say holy **** thatís so many in such a short period of time, can it be possible
    Except we know he did go through a ton of masseuses during this time period. Even if you donít believe he went through the 22 who accused him, he himself brought forth the statements of 18 masseuses in his defense. So he at least went through 20 during that time, which is still a crazy amount.

    So youíre asking ďcan it be possibleĒ to pretty much the one thing we know for certain to be true. So given that this thing you find very unlikely to have occurred in such a short time did in fact occur, doesnít that make you more open to believing their claims?

  11. #536
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,753
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I believe there is truth in all of them.
    Do you believe itís more likely than not heís committed what has been alleged?

  12. #537
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,200
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    "

    Idk how you can deem this anything other than "skeptical"


    Not understanding the law/representing a client is a personal problem. Those claims you are making are invalid in regards to the case. Like a said, Buzbee is a scumbag personally. He's doing everything by the books legally. You have to be able to separate the lawyer from the client.
    Skeptical =\= donít believe

    The claim Iím making on Buzbee is heís handling this in a pretty unprofessional manner. Going on Instagram to post about cases he hasnít filed on yet, holding press conferences, saying he involved the HPD when they said he hadnít.

    Read the account of what Watsonís lawyer said what happened before anything happened publicly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #538
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,200
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Except we know he did go through a ton of masseuses during this time period. Even if you donít believe he went through the 22 who accused him, he himself brought forth the statements of 18 masseuses in his defense. So he at least went through 20 during that time, which is still a crazy amount.
    Agreed that it's a huge amount.

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So youíre asking ďcan it be possibleĒ to pretty much the one thing we know for certain to be true. So given that this thing you find very unlikely to have occurred in such a short time did in fact occur, doesnít that make you more open to believing their claims?
    Grasping the sheer numbers involved and being open to believing their claims do not have to be mutually exclusive, you know that right? I'd prefer to take the time an look at each case on it's own to believe it rather than looking at just the numbers.

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do you believe itís more likely than not heís committed what has been alleged?
    I believe there's a beyond reasonable doubt that something happened.

  14. #539
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,753
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Agreed that it's a huge amount.

    Grasping the sheer numbers involved and being open to believing their claims do not have to be mutually exclusive, you know that right? I'd prefer to take the time an look at each case on it's own to believe it rather than looking at just the numbers.

    I believe there's a beyond reasonable doubt that something happened.
    Then what are we talking about here? Are you so concerned with how much of a POS he is as opposed to agreeing that he's a POS?

  15. #540
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,200
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Then what are we talking about here? Are you so concerned with how much of a POS he is as opposed to agreeing that he's a POS?
    Nope, I'm concerned that even if one of these women are bringing false allegations it does a disservice to all the ones that are real.

    The problem I have is you are saying the stories are believable because so many accusers are involved. I'm saying that the more that come forward, the bigger a chance there is a false allegation.

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •