Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I mean....they should be trying to settle with NDA clauses too if you are Watson's camp. **** half the reason this is all public is because (according to documented emails) Buzbee wanted to settle without bringing forth any evidence he had.

I honestly wonder what would have happened if Watson paid that anonymous accusation without evidence? Would he have been continually hit up? Would none of the other cases come up? Would some of them still want to file civil suits?

Man....so much changed on that one email exchange.
    Totally unrelated, but I remember you asked a week or two ago about the timeline of events and how he could have done this so many times in such a short span of time and also questioning why the oldest accusation was from March of last year.

Not sure if you've had a chance to read it yet, but I read the ESPN cover story on my lunch break today, and it does such a good job of breaking down what a week in his life looked like while these massages were taking place. There are also points throughout the story where sources claim he did before March 2020. If you haven't read it yet, it's a good read, and it makes it much easier to picture how he could have pulled this off and what exactly he's accused of doing with sources from both sides.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...atson-massages

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Diana Moskovitz on Twitter: NFL reporter Aaron Wilson -- who compared the women suing Deshaun Watson to terrorists -- no longer working for Houston Chronicle
    I actually disagreed with this firing. I'm not a huge fan of Aaron Wilson and I definitely don't approve of what he said on that radio show or his overall take on the situation. But his take definitely is not uncommon for people and they certainly weren't uncommon for when he said them (March 17). Plus, the man is an analyst is who is paid to provide his opinion on the team—he provided his take with the information he had at the time.

I was all for a lengthy suspension, a "come to Jesus" level of talking to and a public apology from Wilson. Firing him felt like the Chronicle went overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I actually disagreed with this firing. I'm not a huge fan of Aaron Wilson and I definitely don't approve of what he said on that radio show or his overall take on the situation. But his take definitely is not uncommon for people and they certainly weren't uncommon for when he said them (March 17). Plus, the man is an analyst is who is paid to provide his opinion on the team—he provided his take with the information he had at the time.

I was all for a lengthy suspension, a "come to Jesus" level of talking to and a public apology from Wilson. Firing him felt like the Chronicle went overboard.
    I've read a lot about it, and there are a lot of interesting elements.

For me, I'm OK with the firing, but kind of for the opposite reason? It's not about disrespect to the women Watson abused, but more of disrespect to the victims of actual terrorism. Like maybe "journalists" shouldn't compare anything with terrorism.

The "superlative" culture we live in where we apparently need to keep inventing new words to even show how uber leet yeet lit fire something is, where every average event is the "biggest one ever" just needs to stop at some point. We've jumped the shark on it, but haven't stopped yet.

Another aspect of it that is somewhat entertaining is he was using the 1990s version of terrorism, where planes used to get hijacked for ransom instead of modern terrorism where people get killed. Like when is the last time when there was a nationally reported hostage incident where the moustache twirling bad guys demanded a big bag of money and free passage to south america?

You could argue that if he was so out of touch on modern usage of the term "terrorism" he might just not be cut out for modern media at all. He might also think that "internet" thing is really gonna take off someday. Or that Y2K is a big deal we should be worried about.

And in the end he probably was fired for this as an excuse. He's probably been there too long / is too overpaid vs replacement / doesn't drive enough clicks, views and listeners to meet the company's revenue needs. If he was actually good for their business and making them money they'd keep him on and suspend him as you suggested versus firing.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I've read a lot about it, and there are a lot of interesting elements.

For me, I'm OK with the firing, but kind of for the opposite reason? It's not about disrespect to the women Watson abused, but more of disrespect to the victims of actual terrorism. Like maybe "journalists" shouldn't compare anything with terrorism.

The "superlative" culture we live in where we apparently need to keep inventing new words to even show how uber leet yeet lit fire something is, where every average event is the "biggest one ever" just needs to stop at some point. We've jumped the shark on it, but haven't stopped yet.

Another aspect of it that is somewhat entertaining is he was using the 1990s version of terrorism, where planes used to get hijacked for ransom instead of modern terrorism where people get killed. Like when is the last time when there was a nationally reported hostage incident where the moustache twirling bad guys demanded a big bag of money and free passage to south america?

You could argue that if he was so out of touch on modern usage of the term "terrorism" he might just not be cut out for modern media at all. He might also think that "internet" thing is really gonna take off someday. Or that Y2K is a big deal we should be worried about.
    While I get what you're saying, I don't blame Wilson for using the "we don't negotiate with terrorists" phrase. He didn't coin the phrase, and it's fairly common. Based on his own take, he actually used the phrase correctly, and I think the people saying he directly compared the women to terrorists are definitely taking it out of context and are reaching a bit.

I actually have zero issue with the fact that he used that phrase at all and way more of an issue with his overall take that the women were lying in the first place. If people want to be mad at the guy, that's what they should be mad for, not that he used a super common, outdated phrase on a radio show.

And in the end he probably was fired for this as an excuse. He's probably been there too long / is too overpaid vs replacement / doesn't drive enough clicks, views and listeners to meet the company's revenue needs. If he was actually good for their business and making them money they'd keep him on and suspend him as you suggested versus firing.
    This seems possible to me. Firing someone for saying something dumb or offensive has become a pretty popular cost-saving measure in journalism lately, especially in sports media. And it makes the Chronicle look good along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Totally unrelated, but I remember you asked a week or two ago about the timeline of events and how he could have done this so many times in such a short span of time and also questioning why the oldest accusation was from March of last year.

Not sure if you've had a chance to read it yet, but I read the ESPN cover story on my lunch break today, and it does such a good job of breaking down what a week in his life looked like while these massages were taking place. There are also points throughout the story where sources claim he did before March 2020. If you haven't read it yet, it's a good read, and it makes it much easier to picture how he could have pulled this off and what exactly he's accused of doing with sources from both sides.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...atson-massages
    Yea I saw that. Just mind blowing it’s possible to contact people and get them to agree what quickly.

Although I did find this interesting:
    The plaintiff, according to the lawsuit, reached out to a friend "who played for the NFL" and relayed what had happened.

"This NFL player told her that there is a thin line between physical therapy and sexual pleasure," the filing reads. "The NFL player said Watson crossed that line over into sexual pleasure."
    As well as the bit of the one masseuse defending Watson saying as a masseuse she’s, basically, gotten all up an in there multiple times on people and it’s not uncommon, as well as saying that arousal when that relaxed is not uncommon too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

man... of course she has but you seem to be literally 100 pct watson even though all of everything shows how sick he is. The payoffs will come quick which isnt shocking but i cant wait to see the people that cheer him or just forget this ever happened because he wasnt actually convicted.... sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    man... of course she has but you seem to be literally 100 pct watson even though all of everything shows how sick he is. The payoffs will come quick which isnt shocking but i cant wait to see the people that cheer him or just forget this ever happened because he wasnt actually convicted.... sheesh
    Well find out if it was just dropped or if there was a payoff. We always find out.

"Do you want to release your name and get death threats and people peeking in the windows of your house?"

"Na, the other 21 of 22 got this."

Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Well find out if it was just dropped or if there was a payoff. We always find out.
    This is pretty normal for a high profile lawsuit in which names must be divulged. Some people do not want to deal with the scrutiny and hate they receive for coming forward.

Yup, this is expected even if the accused is 100 percent guilty.

Names are forced to be publicly divulged and on comes the character assassination.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Sorry to disappoint but early reports indicate the case was not dropped because she settled or was paid off:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dismiss...144051819.html

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Sorry to disappoint but early reports indicate the case was not dropped because she settled or was paid off:

Not sure why you quoted my post with this because I was telling MTM that we would end up finding out why it was dropped.

From that link:

UPDATE 11:35 p.m. ET: The lawsuit was dropped without prejudice, meaning that it can be refiled. In the dismissal notice, the plaintiff explains that she has decided not to pursue the case “for now” due to privacy and security concerns.

It's because of death threats.

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

This is pretty normal for a high profile lawsuit in which names must be divulged. Some people do not want to deal with the scrutiny and hate they receive for coming forward.
    So as this one was dropped, another "Jane Doe" case was filed. Since it seems like you have quite the legal insight, given that Watson's attorney filed and won to have the women attach their names to the case, is this a legal stalling tactic (ESPN didn't say who is representing her) to continually make Harden file for these motions or is this normal regardless? From a layman's perspective it feels like a tactic to file more cases to occupy Harden with procedural while other cases could be getting heard at the same time.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast