Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

It's hard to say. I'd never do that sort of thing, so if by some chance I did it, didn't have the character to admit guilt, AND somehow was convincing enough to lie about it, I'd still expect people close to me to be supportive considering I have no past history that would indicate I was that type of person. I'm just saying, it'd be hard to associate with someone who is believing that you commited some atrocities like rape or DV.
    My point is how do we distinguish rapists with friends and family from non-rapists with friends and family?

(Leaving aside the fact that most rapists are friends or family of the victim.)

After watching other teams succeed with low character guys, give me Watson for a 6th.

The press conference included DMs from one of the "pro-Watson" masseuses saying that she doesn't work with Watson because he's always trying to rape his masseuses and word is getting around. RIP. Guess Watson's lawyer shoulda screened better before paying people for statements.

Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Also important is the timestamp here:

https://youtu.be/mYlgbMsWmLU?t=1691

One of the masseuses who wouldn't work on Watson but would try to groom others for him (a la Ghislaine Maxwell) would then afterward pretend to be on the victim's side and tell them it doesn't matter who they report it to, police, team, etc that no one will do anything so they should just forget about it and keep going.

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    The press conference included DMs from one of the "pro-Watson" masseuses saying that she doesn't work with Watson because he's always trying to rape his masseuses and word is getting around. RIP. Guess Watson's lawyer shoulda screened better before paying people for statements.
    Yeah, when I asked why does he need so many masseuses that was a rhetorical question.

After watching other teams succeed with low character guys, give me Watson for a 6th.
    I take it you no longer believe that being a good guy correlates with ability to lead?

Buzbee is certainly winning the PR battle here, and it seems that's what he wanted:
    “We did not think that the facts showed that Deshaun did anything wrong with their client," Gaffield said in a statement released by Hardin's office. "We believed then – and fully believe now – that Deshaun learned a lesson about putting himself in this type of situation by interacting with people he does not know. As the emails show, we were willing to continue discussions on Deshaun’s behalf to explore ways to prevent a lawsuit and a public spectacle. But Mr. Buzbee informed us that he was unwilling to do so. We expect that this matter will be resolved in court.”

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/sta...438145032?s=21

Lol did Buzbee literally do the “don’t mess with Texas” regarding matters of a legal status in emails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't posted on the NFL forum for many years and not really since I became a Texans fan, but as a diehard Houston sports fan, I don't want this dude to have anything to do with the organization or the city anymore. I don't care if they have to cut him to make it happen, but I don't think he should get to play professional football again, and I think it would be a bad look for the NFL if they allowed him to anytime soon, if ever.

I know the facts aren't all out there and you don't lose trials in the court of public opinion, but there's enough here that his reputation should be rightfully destroyed at this point. Any benefit of the doubt he had with his squeaky clean image has been completely erased.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I haven't posted on the NFL forum for many years and not really since I became a Texans fan, but as a diehard Houston sports fan, I don't want this dude to have anything to do with the organization or the city anymore. I don't care if they have to cut him to make it happen, but I don't think he should get to play professional football again, and I think it would be a bad look for the NFL if they allowed him to anytime soon, if ever.

I know the facts aren't all out there and you don't lose trials in the court of public opinion, but there's enough here that his reputation should be rightfully destroyed at this point. Any benefit of the doubt he had with his squeaky clean image has been completely erased.
    Not proven guilty at this junction

“Know the facts aren’t out there”

“Enough here that his reputation should be rightly destroyed”

I understand you want to be a clairvoyant or win some type of mental points for predicting the outcome or being ahead of the curve ...

But this **** right here

Is not how people should be judged

Until all of the actual facts are out (Kavanaugh for example) we cannot allow people to be tried in the court of public opinion with media outlets and talking heads being the judge and jury.

It is not that difficult to let the investigation happen, get the facts out, and go from there.

If they settle before court dates then Boom... we will never get all the details and let your imagination go wild.

Condemning anyone before their day in court is witch hunt anti freedom nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Not proven guilty at this junction

“Know the facts aren’t out there”

“Enough here that his reputation should be rightly destroyed”

I understand you want to be a clairvoyant or win some type of mental points for predicting the outcome or being ahead of the curve ...

But this **** right here

Is not how people should be judged

Until all of the actual facts are out (Kavanaugh for example) we cannot allow people to be tried in the court of public opinion with media outlets and talking heads being the judge and jury.

It is not that difficult to let the investigation happen, get the facts out, and go from there.

If they settle before court dates then Boom... we will never get all the details and let your imagination go wild.

Condemning anyone before their day in court is witch hunt anti freedom nonsense
    In sexual assault cases, especially ones like this where there isn't going to be much, if any, physical evidence, I'm not sure there's going to be much more than what's already out there. What other evidence is Watson's camp going to present at this point that's going to negate the claims of 22 different women?

At this point, the facts are that Watson personally sought out nearly two dozen women (maybe more) on their Instagram accounts to perform massage services despite being an elite professional athlete with infinite medical resources at his disposal, that he asked them to perform these services in private/intimate settings, and now there are claims that he sexually assaulted them.

If you're looking for physical evidence, there likely isn't going to be much, if any. If you're looking for evidence that suggests he didn't hire these women privately through Instagram and ask them to perform these services in unusual settings, I don't think anything is going to come out that's going to negate that either. If you want a whole bunch of instances of Watson's camp dragging the reputation of these women through the mud and pulling together character witnesses in defense of his image, you can expect to see a ton of that.

It very much will come down to "he said/she said" barring any criminal investigations that arise from this. Except there are 22 "shes" here. At what point is the sheer number of people making these claims enough to charge him in the court of public opinion? How many did it take for Weinstein or Cosby?

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    In sexual assault cases, especially ones like this where there isn't going to be much, if any, physical evidence, I'm not sure there's going to be much more than what's already out there.
    The issue in a case like this is that cuts both ways. So even in the end if (and I know it seems unlikely) all cases basically end up exonerating Watson, the stain of the public opinion is still there.

At some point I’d suggest to read up on the Brian Banks story and how, even though the rape was proven to basically be extortion, he still deals with the backlash of the accusation.

I’m still trying to fathom using 50 different masseuses though. That’s just something. And in his press conference Buzbee alluded to trying to get the FBI involved for federal human trafficking charges because be brought people in from out of state.

In cases like this

Judge and jury exist and that’s how we handle it in America.

Not random allegations being automatically assumed or stripped based on who has made the cleanest media clips or dropped subjective or one sided information.

Some of the best parts of our culture (innocent until guilty and the right to a trial) are throw away concepts to some people.... and that’s ridiculous.

Also, and this isn’t a he’s innocent/guilty statement or anything like that but:
    I keep seeing Weinstein/Crosby put out there in the “didn’t see it coming”. Look back and realize their accusations span years/decades of abuse. In this Watson case we’re talking basically 1 year, and I don’t see why that’s being brushed aside here. March 2020 is the first accusation out there. How come no one that pre-dates that is coming forward? And COVID is more of an excuse than the reason it happened. If this is the true Watson then this behavior had to have started much earlier and didn’t escalate that quickly from didn’t to anything to being that aggressive about it.

At least when Ben’s rape cases broke there were stories floating around Pittsburgh about how he would go out, have his guys basically kick all the men out, scout the women, then come in. Like there was definite “womanizer” vibes from Ben locally before that story broke, so even in Pittsburgh there was a feeling of “oh do now others know” rather than Houston having this “WTF” type reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Some of the best parts of our culture (innocent until guilty and the right to a trial) are throw away concepts to some people.... and that’s ridiculous.
    People get judged on perception and not their actions every day. I'm not saying that's morally right; it's just a fact. So no... innocent until proven guilty is definitely not the operating principle of society. It isn't even the operating principle of the criminal system because how many cases even go to court? Like 5%? The right to a fair trial is a sham. It's physically impossible to grant everyone charged with a crime a fair trial.

So if you want to defend Watson that's fine. I just wouldn't do it with ideals that have no bearing on reality.

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast