Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol thanks for keeping me honest

The Lost Boys of PSD

Houston most definitely will not lose 27 in a row, especially when Wood comes back. Dude was an all-star-level center when healthy. But the Rockets need to do right by Tucker and trade him to at least a playoff team. Ironically enough, I think Brooklyn would be somewhere Tucker would be useful. Too bad they don't have any picks or cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Looking at that schedule, I'd like to think they could win one of those games. But they haven't lost a game by single digits since Feb. 17. On this losing streak, 14 of their 16 losses have been by at least 10 points, so it's not just that they're losing. They're not even close in most of these games, which usually feel out of reach by halftime.

I do think they looked a little better with KPJ in the starting lineup. If they could get Wood back, I think they can win the occasional game again. But, honestly, in the grand scheme of things, if they do end up winning 21+ in a row, I won't care as long as they end up with a top 4 pick in this draft.
    Not that I thought that they would win but they were only down 4 points in the middle of the 4th against Utah. This is honestly the best thing for them. Keep getting experience yet keep losing. It’s hard to watch but hopefully it pulls off.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    they really should have taken simmons/thyb. Glad they didnt though
    In all seriousness, I actually think not getting Simmons could end up being a blessing in disguise. Getting Simmons would have kept them relevant. They would have won games, had confidence and tried to make a run with a core that never had any real chance of winning anything. Also, I'm not sure they trade for KPJ if they already had Simmons. (Not saying KPJ is close to Simmons' level, but he has the potential to be a real building block.)

Houston needs to be terrible for a couple of years to start rebuilding from the ground up. And if they end up with that top 4 pick in this draft on top of Portland's pick and the three first rounders they have next year, there's a potential here for this team to build a very solid core around the young guys already in place (KPJ, Wood, Tate, KJ Martin). With Simmons, this team never would have had a shot at that top 4 pick.

In all seriousness, I actually think not getting Simmons could end up being a blessing in disguise. Getting Simmons would have kept them relevant. They would have won games, had confidence and tried to make a run with a core that never had any real chance of winning anything. Also, I'm not sure they trade for KPJ if they already had Simmons. (Not saying KPJ is close to Simmons' level, but he has the potential to be a real building block.)

Houston needs to be terrible for a couple of years to start rebuilding from the ground up. And if they end up with that top 4 pick in this draft on top of Portland's pick and the three first rounders they have next year, there's a potential here for this team to build a very solid core around the young guys already in place (KPJ, Wood, Tate, KJ Martin). With Simmons, this team never would have had a shot at that top 4 pick.
    I am all for this route as well.

They looked good against ATL, then we’re down by 20+, then tied it up in the fourth and the lost by about 10. Getting in some quality work while keeping that L.

Really digging KJ Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    They looked good against ATL, then we’re down by 20+, then tied it up in the fourth and the lost by about 10. Getting in some quality work while keeping that L.

Really digging KJ Martin.
    Yeah, I caught most of the second half. KPJ, Tate and KJ Martin all looked great, and Mason Jones hit some big shots. I think those four guys with Wood could form a solid young core around whatever young pieces they get at the trade deadline and whatever guys they draft this offseason.

Oladipo had his best game as a Rocket, and he's looked pretty damn good in the three games since the All-Star break—averaging 28/6/4 on 45%/33%/81% shooting splits. If he can keep that up for a couple more games and keep pushing that value, I still think there's a market for him between now and March 25.

If Wood plays tonight, I think the Rockets have a decent shot at a win against the Warriors. But I wouldn't be shocked to see him miss more time.

Yeah, I caught most of the second half. KPJ, Tate and KJ Martin all looked great, and Mason Jones hit some big shots. I think those four guys with Wood could form a solid young core around whatever young pieces they get at the trade deadline and whatever guys they draft this offseason.

Oladipo had his best game as a Rocket, and he's looked pretty damn good in the three games since the All-Star break—averaging 28/6/4 on 45%/33%/81% shooting splits. If he can keep that up for a couple more games and keep pushing that value, I still think there's a market for him between now and March 25.

If Wood plays tonight, I think the Rockets have a decent shot at a win against the Warriors. But I wouldn't be shocked to see him miss more time.
    What do you think a fair return for Oladipo is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make it 20 straight

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Make it 20 straight
    Before the game, Bill Worrell (the Rockets play by play guy) guaranteed a win today because the Rockets had Wall, Oladipo and Wood playing while OKC was missing their top guys (Dort was the only guy I knew but a few of the other youngins felt sorta similar). I immediately knew Houston would lose. Still watched for some reason.

I would think the Rockets will move Oladipo before the trade deadline.

I just hope they don't give up on the young talent too quick. Owners looking for a quick fix often screw this sort of chance up.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Make it 20 straight
    It's ok, it's battle of the losing streaks tomorrow. Rockets put their 20 game losing streak to the test against the Raptors 8 game losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It's ok, it's battle of the losing streaks tomorrow. Rockets put their 20 game losing streak to the test against the Raptors 8 game losing streak.
    Raptors, Hornets with no LaMelo, and then b2b against the TWolves. If they don’t win one of those the losing streak might go on into next season lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast