Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Packers Re-sign Aaron Jones

The Green Bay Packers agreed to a four-year, $48 million deal with running back Aaron Jones on Sunday, agent Drew Rosenhaus told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Jones' deal includes a $13 million signing bonus, per Rosenhaus.

"Aaron would have signed for more in free agency but wanted to stay in Green Bay," Rosenhaus said, per Schefter.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...21-free-agency

Kinda surprised even tho I was one of the few that said we need him back lol

Someone was saying they think is really 4 years 38 mil with some big incentives. So might be even lower than we think. Low guarantee too makes him expendable if he becomes a shell in 2 years

Iím surprised, too. Especially with an agent like rosenhaus.

It's really hard to knock this deal. Yes there is a risk, but this seems like one worth taking. The price was fair and his $9.5 APY is a pretty low price. He earns the rest in incentives. The deal really reflects Jones preference to remain in Green Bay. The immediate benefit is clear.

it sounds like he might have pissed of Rosenhaus. I think there was a quote from him saying something like Aaron was going to receive some huge offers in FA but, decided he wanted to stay with GB.

Yea I mean Rosenhaus gets his bag too not that he sweating. Seems team friendly overall. Just gotta believe he will stay healthy and put up good numbers.

Seems like it's very likely the Jones deal is fairly team friendly. All in all, probably a wise move to bring him back. Our offense doesnt have a ton of home run hitters who are a threat to score on any touch and Jones was one of them. It's basically MVS is a threat to get behind his guy on any play and score and Jones is a threat to actually make guys miss and break off a 60+ yard run. Most of the rest of the team isn't a huge threat to really rip off a long play.

I love this deal. Jones could have gotten a lot more somewhere else. Yeah, Dillon as a 2nd rounder loses value now. But he is a heck of a 1-2 punch with Jones.

Dillon as a #2 is great. Dillon has potential but hes not the dynamic receiving threat that Jones is. That versatility makes jones so dangerous. The offense would def lose some pages out of the playbook without jones. I just hope he can stay healthy and keep producing.

After seeing some deals made on day 1 of Free Agency, Iím really beginning to like this signing. I thought I was ready to move on and thought Dillion should be the #1 back mostly because where he was drafted, but now beginning to think GB may have the steal of the offseason with this deal. Hoping to see some cap open up with players restructure to allow the team to remain somewhat active in Free Agency, maybe finding good value on some role players that could contribute, but Iím happy with seeing Jones return.

I kinda thought we would see more of it this past season with J Williams and Dillion, but whatís the possibility of GB running more 2 back sets with the intention of motioning A Jones out as a slot receiver? Does he have the skill/ size to give that look on offense more often?

Jones contract details are out. It's essentially a 2 year 20M deal.

Cap numbers:
    2021: 4.5 mil
    2022: 9 mil
    2023: 19.25 mil Dead Cap: 6.5 mil
    2024: 15.25 mil Dead Cap: 3.25 mil

Feels like he took a bit of a deal to stay in GB