Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mock Draft talk

So I did another PFF mock draft and of course the Bears came calling for #7. With Mac Jones and Trey Lance on the board still I figured them moving up to grab the QB for the future. In Bears fashion they didn't disappoint. So I traded our #7 and 7th round picks in 2022 and 2023 for their #20, #52, #83, #164, #204 & #208 along with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks in 2022 & 2023. Now I thought they would take either Lance or Jones at #7 but they went with Jalen Waddle. Lance went next to the Panthers and Jones went to the Patriots at #15.

So my draft went as follows:

Trade with the Bears was an A+ grade

#20: Micah Parsons LB Penn State (A+)
    #41: Asante Samuel Jr. CB Florida State (A-)
    #52: Jabril Cox LB LSU (A-)
    #72: Dyami Brown WR North Carolina (A-)
    #83: Marvin Wilson DT Florida State (A-)
    #101: Jamin Davis LB Kentucky (A-)
    #112: Tommy Togiai DT Ohio State (A-)
    #153: Dax Milnr WR BYU (A-)
    #164: Joshua Kaindoh DE Florida State (A-)
    #204: Justin Hilliard LB Ohio State (A-)
    #208: Christian Uphoff S Illinois State (A-)

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    So I did another PFF mock draft and of course the Bears came calling for #7. With Mac Jones and Trey Lance on the board still I figured them moving up to grab the QB for the future. In Bears fashion they didn't disappoint. So I traded our #7 and 7th round picks in 2022 and 2023 for their #20, #52, #83, #164, #204 & #208 along with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks in 2022 & 2023. Now I thought they would take either Lance or Jones at #7 but they went with Jalen Waddle. Lance went next to the Panthers and Jones went to the Patriots at #15.

So my draft went as follows:

Trade with the Bears was an A+ grade

#20: Micah Parsons LB Penn State (A+)
    #41: Asante Samuel Jr. CB Florida State (A-)
    #52: Jabril Cox LB LSU (A-)
    #72: Dyami Brown WR North Carolina (A-)
    #83: Marvin Wilson DT Florida State (A-)
    #101: Jamin Davis LB Kentucky (A-)
    #112: Tommy Togiai DT Ohio State (A-)
    #153: Dax Milnr WR BYU (A-)
    #164: Joshua Kaindoh DE Florida State (A-)
    #204: Justin Hilliard LB Ohio State (A-)
    #208: Christian Uphoff S Illinois State (A-)
    I would LOVE this draft!! Us screwing the bears is a HUGE cherry on top! Lol Eff duh bears
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    No to Kwity Paye
    Why? All i know Is from what the simulator says about him. Is it character issues?
    [img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Why? All i know Is from what the simulator says about him. Is it character issues?
    Talent vs production for me. Dude is an athletic beast but didn't always produce the numbers that athletic profile would suggest.

That said, if for some reason he is available at #41, that is a no brainer for me. He's too talented to fall that far.

Edit: The easy pro comp would be Ziggy Ansah.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 04-19-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Talent vs production for me. Dude is an athletic beast but didn't always produce the numbers that athletic profile would suggest.

That said, if for some reason he is available at #41, that is a no brainer for me. He's too talented to fall that far.

Edit: The easy pro comp would be Ziggy Ansah.
    fun first name comp I agree

This is my last mock draft. I did this on PFF again and this time I drafted without trading any picks.

7: Penei Sewell OT Oregon (A)
    41: Ronnie Perkins DE Oklahoma (A-)
    72: Jabril Cox LB LSU (A-)
    101: Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky (A-)
    112: Cade Johnson WR South Dakota State (A-)
    153: Joshua Kaindoh DE Florida State (A-)

Overall was an A-

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!

Well, its finally here... weeks of all these “mock drafts” i traded down 95% of the time.... I’ll be a bit disappointed if we dont trade down (if I’m being 100% honest).
    [img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Well, its finally here... weeks of all these “mock drafts” i traded down 95% of the time.... I’ll be a bit disappointed if we dont trade down (if I’m being 100% honest).
    I think at this point the trade downs are going to be either a really friendly deal for the Broncos (because they did just get Bridgewater), Bears, Washington Football Team. I don't see the pats moving up...maybe I just doubt it.

Friendly to the Broncos will be moving down two spots and instead of getting a 2nd and a 3rd settling of the 2nd or a 3rd. The Bears and WFT are probably the two most likely trade partners now and I have no problem if the Lions trade to the Bears for a bunch of picks that should cripple a team that should be in a rebuilding mode.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I think at this point the trade downs are going to be either a really friendly deal for the Broncos (because they did just get Bridgewater), Bears, Washington Football Team. I don't see the pats moving up...maybe I just doubt it.

Friendly to the Broncos will be moving down two spots and instead of getting a 2nd and a 3rd settling of the 2nd or a 3rd. The Bears and WFT are probably the two most likely trade partners now and I have no problem if the Lions trade to the Bears for a bunch of picks that should cripple a team that should be in a rebuilding mode.
    If we trade with the Bears I hope its like every time I traded with them. I swapped firsts with them and then took their next four picks this year and then their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4ths the next 2 years as well. I honestly don't see that happening but I can see swapping firsts their 2nd and 3rd this year along with their 1st and 2nds in 2022 and 2023. As I see it we would trading with a division foe and if I was Holmes I would play hard ball with them if they are serious about moving up 13 spots to draft one of the top 5 QBs. Also **** DA BEARS!

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

if they're looking long term then Fields or Sewell is the pick, or should be. Chase is the best WR since Julio and wouldn't be mad at them taking him, but Goff isn't the answer and Fields is better than anyone next year.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345