Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft talk

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Sewell is the best pick in the draft for the Lions imo.
    I think so to...I could see Cinci taking him if they don't go wr
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Sewell is the best pick in the draft for the Lions imo.
    I'm really liking that option more and more. OTs and C will be locked down for the long term, at that point theoretically all the Lions need to figure out is the guard spots. Are Jackson and Sternberg the guys? I'm not including Big V because I don't think he is very good nor is a part of the future. Of course that could always change. Either way Sewell at 7 could be a huge get.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Sewell would be a fine pick. NFL.com had a mock today with the lions taking Fields at 7. Which would be news worthy. Knowing where the lions are with draft capital for the next few years. I really don’t think there is a wrong pick they can make here at 7. Potentially the pick doesn’t fit a need at this point but will be a top talent for sure. Even Fields if they go that route. I personally don’t think they will.

They have done a good job in FA in getting guys to fill holes in the roster allowing to really target a player with top level talent and not feel like they have to fill a hole and force a pick. Whether that’s OT, WR, TE, LB or otherwise. I’m excited for the draft. Honestly regardless of who they pick I’ll be excited.

I think Fields would be a mistake. They just got rid of both starting WRs. So the narrative there when he fails would be a lack of weapons. So next year's draft would be focused on getting him some good WRs.

That would mean of course, that we just ignored the D for a 2nd straight season. And by the time Fields and his new WRs gelled, we'll be allowing 60 points a game on D.

I think Fields would be a mistake. They just got rid of both starting WRs. So the narrative there when he fails would be a lack of weapons. So next year's draft would be focused on getting him some good WRs.

That would mean of course, that we just ignored the D for a 2nd straight season. And by the time Fields and his new WRs gelled, we'll be allowing 60 points a game on D.
    I agree with taking Fields as well. I think the QB class will be good next year and even the year after that. We need to ride with Goff for the next two years and build like you said the trenches. If Cincy takes Chase at 5 the only team I can think will take Sewell would be the Dolphins who are picking in front of us. I still think the Dolphins take a WR. If Sewell is sitting there at 7 I think Holmes pulls the trigger on him.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

If Fields starts right away. yeah this is very plausible and very likely outcome. If Fields sits for 2 years. While that doesn’t help right away, It could still be fine. That still allows for defense to a focal point with other future draft picks.

I would prefer not to draft Fields or Lance at 7, simply because we have Goff for two years possibly 3 years but if Fields turns out to be a great NFL QB we could be kicking ourselves for not having a QB for the next 15 plus years. I would view it as a disappointment but not a mistake.... yet....

I know I keep saying this, but this FO is different. I don’t think we are going let certain holes on the roster be issues every single year. Like past administrations did.

If there’s a QB and they don’t trade down I think it’ll be a mistake. They need volume of potentially very good players more than one potentially great player. Holmes is suppose to be good at finding gems in the 2/3 rounds, let’s see what he can do.

So I had a little fun with PFF Mock Draft Simulator and when our pick came up we had a few teams that wanted to trade with us. One was the Bears and I robbed them for their first and second this year, their first and second next year and their first in 2023 for #7. They ended up taking Mac Jones at #7. Then when our pick came up again at #20 I traded with the Bucs and we swapped firsts this year and gave they threw in their first next year.

My mock went as follows:

#32: Jayson Oweh DE Penn St.

#41: Nick Bolton LB Missouri

#52: Liam Eichenberg T Notre Dame

#72: Aaron Robinson CB UCF

#101: Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

#112: Tay Gowan CB UCF

#153: Joshua Kaindoh DE Florida St.

If this were to happen we would then have 4 firsts and 2 seconds next year and 3 firsts in 2023.
    Last edited by vader817; 04-08-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!

So are we gonna lose our $#!+ if we draft pitts?
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    So are we gonna lose our $#!+ if we draft pitts?
    The thing is that he is labeled a TE but he is more of a WR. He is a matchup nightmare. Linebackers can't cover him and he is to physical for corners to stay with him. I wouldn't say I would lose my $ H I T but I would be a little disappointed considering we have other needs and the Receiving class is very deep.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

Again I had a little fun with PFF Mock Simulator. Now I traded with the Bears again and I thought for sure they would take a QB for trading away their entire future to move up to #7. They gave up their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks this year along with their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2022 & 2023. Then they drafted Devonta Smith with the 7th pick.

So my draft went like this:

#20 Micah Parsons LB Penn State (even though the rumors are scary it was to hard not to pass him up here)

#41 Terrance Marshall Jr WR LSU

#52 Dillon Radunz T North Dakota State

#72 Ifeatu Melifonwu CB Syracuse

Traded with the Chiefs #83 for #94 and 7th round pick in 2023*
    Then I traded the #94 to the Bucs for #95 and 7th round pick in 2023*
    *(I tried to grab a 6th round pick for each trade but got denied.)

#95 Jamar Johnson S Indiana

#101 Cade Johnson WR South Dakota State

#112 Tay Gowan CB UCF

#153 Justin Hillard LB Ohio State

#164 Joshua Kaindoh DE Florida State

I swear I have fun every time the Bears want to trade for our pick. I literally straight up rob them.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

So here is another one and this time the Bears made a trade with me for #7. We swapped firsts and then they gave up their 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th round picks this year along with their 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks for the next 2 years. They drafted Trey Lance at #7. Then I swapped firsts with the Titans and picked up their 6th round next year. I then traded that pick #22 to the Steelers for their first and second this year.

I then drafted like this:

#24 Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota
    #41 Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern
    #52 Alim McNeill DT North Carolina State
    #55 Jabril Cox LB LSU
    #72 Ar'Darius Washington S TCU
    #101 Jamin Davis LB Kentucky
    #112 Jamar Johnson S Indiana
    #153 Benjamin St-Huste CB Minnesota
    #164 Joshua Kaindoh DE Florida State
    #204 Ernest Jones LB South Carolina

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

Hopefully the real Pace is a desperate as the PFN Pace.

These are only four round mock drafts. Thoughts?

Kwity Paye
    EDGE Michigan
    trade icon
    DET

Levi Onwuzurike
    DT Washington
    DET

Jabril Cox
    LB LSU
    trade icon
    DET

Amon-Ra St. Brown
    WR USC
    DET

Talanoa Hufanga
    S USC
    DET

Tony Fields II
    LB West Virginia
    trade icon

2022 IND 1st
    2022 PIT 5th’

————————————————————————————————————

Micah Parsons
    LB Penn State
    trade icon
    DET

Kwity Paye
    EDGE Michigan
    DET

Carlos Basham Jr.
    EDGE Wake Forest
    trade icon
    DET

Jabril Cox
    LB LSU
    DET

D’Wayne Eskridge
    WR Western Michigan
    DET

Marquez Stevenson
    WR Houston

2022 ARI 2nd
    2022 ARI 5th

——————————————————————————————-

And at this point if we don’t trade out of the seven spot I will almost be disappointed… I am finding that if there are no trade offers, I usually go back one spot for nothing in exchange, to get a bulk of pics from the eighth spot. I wonder if that really happens?
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 04-18-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

No to Kwity Paye

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast