Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft talk

I really hope they don't go WR at 1. Really. Really. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    they might. We've got nobody there. Goff will be absolutely putrid without a decent WR.

yeah I hear you there.

So this is how I figure the draft shakes out due to recent trades:

1. Lawerence - why hasn't this just been announced already
    2. Wilson - if the trade from 49ers says anything its the Jets are taking a qb
    3. Lance - It may not be Lance but you don't trade up this high for what they paid to not draft a QB
    4. Fields - Falcons need Matt Ryan's replacement
    5. Sewell - Bengals have to be jumping for joy as this is the biggest need they have.
    6. Dolphins traded back with the forty niners than up with the eagles. I am assuming they needed to jump the lions in order to make sure they don't lose out on an outside weapon. So I say Chase is going here
    7. Lions - they will have an interesting option I still think a team may want to move up to get Jones. Someone may want to jump in front of Denver or Carolina to take the 5th qb in the draft. It is an interesting situation for the lions if things fall like this.
    Last edited by garnotm; 03-26-2021 at 02:35 PM.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    yeah I hear you there.

So this is how I figure the draft shakes out due to recent trades:

1. Lawerence - why hasn't this just been announced already
    2. Wilson - if the trade from 49ers says anything its the Jets are taking a qb
    3. Lance - It may not be Lance but you don't trade up this high for what they paid to not draft a QB
    4. Fields - Falcons need Matt Ryan's replacement
    5. Sewell - Bengals have to be jumping for joy as this is the biggest need they have.
    6. Dolphins traded back with the forty niners than up with the eagles. I am assuming they needed to jump the lions in order to make sure they don't lose out on an outside weapon. So I say Chase is going here
    7. Lions - they will have an interesting option I still think a team may want to move up to get Jones. Someone may want to jump in front of Denver or Carolina to take the 5th qb in the draft. It is an interesting situation for the lions if things fall like this.
    The draft just got very interesting. IMHO I think the Jets give Darnold one more year but crazier things have happen. If Jets do draft a QB I wonder who they trade Darnold to. The first thing that pops into my mind is the Bears. It would be something they would do. No team is going to try and trade for Watson until his whole situation with all those lawsuits is taking care of and what the NFL is going to do. The Texans are stuck in a hard place because even if they wanted to trade Watson his legal troubles are going to hold that up.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

What position are you hoping for at this point? LB? CB? Safety? With all their moves so far Iíd have to figure itís WR or LB, CB.

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    The draft just got very interesting. IMHO I think the Jets give Darnold one more year but crazier things have happen. If Jets do draft a QB I wonder who they trade Darnold to. The first thing that pops into my mind is the Bears. It would be something they would do. No team is going to try and trade for Watson until his whole situation with all those lawsuits is taking care of and what the NFL is going to do. The Texans are stuck in a hard place because even if they wanted to trade Watson his legal troubles are going to hold that up.
    I thought the jets would stay with Darnold too, but after looking at the deal the 49ers gave the dolphins if the Jets were staying with Darnold there is no way they would not have taken that same offer and possibly a little more for the 49ers to jump in for the second rated qb in the draft. That is why I feel Darnold is on the move possibly to Bears, Carolina, Denver, maybe even Atlanta. Either way I am pretty sure QB is going 1, 2, and 3 this year.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Goff has two years left on a HUGE contract ? If the Lions are rebuilding I don't see him as the future. He will be too expensive. I think they are stuck with the contact and will won't be able to afford really good FA's in the next couple of years so they should draft a QB that will be part of that rebuild. And the best players available after that. We will not be competing this year so why worry about Goff getting somebody to throw to? We'll get a goof # 1 pick next year along with the Rams #1 pick to continue to rebuild. Suck it up the next two years. Who knows. Maybe Goff does pretty well and we can trade him next year for another really good pick.
    Last edited by JackB; 03-27-2021 at 08:19 AM.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I thought the jets would stay with Darnold too, but after looking at the deal the 49ers gave the dolphins if the Jets were staying with Darnold there is no way they would not have taken that same offer and possibly a little more for the 49ers to jump in for the second rated qb in the draft. That is why I feel Darnold is on the move possibly to Bears, Carolina, Denver, maybe even Atlanta. Either way I am pretty sure QB is going 1, 2, and 3 this year.
    I agree.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

This mock draft thing is addicting... I canít stop playing. I keep trying to wheel and deal and get more pick. So far i consistently get trades for our 7th and usually take them.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
    What position are you hoping for at this point? LB? CB? Safety? With all their moves so far Iíd have to figure itís WR or LB, CB.
    You build from the trenches out. Build a strong core, add the playmakers last.

If your D is a nightmare for opposing QBs & can stop the run, and you have a killer o-line, you're a piece or two away from contending.

If you have a good QB, WR & RBs, but can't block or stop the other team, then you're the Detroit Lions.

They need to stop repeating history with every new regime that comes in.
    Last edited by whooligun; 03-28-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE Miami (FL)
    DET

Baron Browning
    LB Ohio State
    DET

Amari Rodgers
    WR Clemson
    DET

Jevon Holland
    S Oregon
    trade icon
    [img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Goff has two years left on a HUGE contract ? If the Lions are rebuilding I don't see him as the future. He will be too expensive. I think they are stuck with the contact and will won't be able to afford really good FA's in the next couple of years so they should draft a QB that will be part of that rebuild. And the best players available after that. We will not be competing this year so why worry about Goff getting somebody to throw to? We'll get a goof # 1 pick next year along with the Rams #1 pick to continue to rebuild. Suck it up the next two years. Who knows. Maybe Goff does pretty well and we can trade him next year for another really good pick.
    For what it's worth, we did restructure the Goff contract to convert $20M base salary into a signing bonus, I have no idea how finances work so don't ask me lol

secondly: you're alive! good to see ya Jack!

Only cost us next years 4th and 5th to to trade back into the rounds...

Kwity Paye
    EDGE Michigan
    trade icon
    DET

Levi Onwuzurike
    DT Washington
    DET

Jabril Cox
    LB LSU
    trade icon
    DET

Amon-Ra St. Brown
    WR USC
    trade icon
    DET

Tommy Togiai
    DT Ohio State
    trade icon
    DET

Tyson Campbell
    CB Georgia
    trade icon
    DET

Talanoa Hufanga
    S USC

trade icon
    2022 WAS 1st

And we got Washingtonís 1st! I think I should be invited into the war room. This simulator is giving me ALL the experience needed. I bet Holmes just stays in his office & plays with this all day.
    [img] [/img]

Looks like we are slated to draft a WR or pitts in light of the latest trade ups in the draft. Canít say its unexpected. Kinda sucks. I was hoping that at least two Good QBís would fall to us and some team would give us the farm to get them.... i guess the Lions Luck isnít going down without a fight.
    [img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Looks like we are slated to draft a WR or pitts in light of the latest trade ups in the draft. Canít say its unexpected. Kinda sucks. I was hoping that at least two Good QBís would fall to us and some team would give us the farm to get them.... i guess the Lions Luck isnít going down without a fight.
    Or maybe they can be proactive for once

So much action, rumors, movement. Then its the Lions. Then below them is action, rumors, movement.

haha

I love all the national writers, social or broadcasts that discuss the draft and pretty much skip right over detroit as they go down the list. Never fails.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast