Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft talk

Mock Draft talk

Had to vent this somewhere...

The schmuck from SI has us drafting a TE in the first and a CB with our first third... Where do they find these guys?

I literally feel this guy is losing credibility for SI. I saw another Mock where Mac and Wilson were BOTH on the board and the lions chose Mac?!?!?!??

Who in the world can you believe?
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Had to vent this somewhere...

The schmuck from SI has us drafting a TE in the first and a CB with our first third... Where do they find these guys?

I literally feel this guy is losing credibility for SI. I saw another Mock where Mac and Wilson were BOTH on the board and the lions chose Mac?!?!?!??

Who in the world can you believe?
    The tight end is a probable option if the lions take best player available it would be hard to argue that he isn't the 2nd best player in this draft outside of quarterbacks.

Now I know the fanbase will be pissed but that TE (Pitts) is an amazing athlete he is a freak athlete like a Tight End version of Calvin Johnson. He may not even make it to 7 then again he is a tight end so he may fall to 10 but I wouldn't expect him to fall much further than that.

As far as corners go I do think we will be drafting one so the first pick in the 3rd is about right. We cut Trufant we are probably cutting Justin Coleman. We will need some depth there really is no one there but Ford.

So yes TE is a hot topic issue here but I can see a really pissed off scenario where we do take Pitts.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

I understand how some might feel if they never saw Pitts play but ignore the TE label with Pitts. He is a TE in name only, he's more of a WR in his usage and athleticism. WR is a pretty big need too and this might be an even better draft than last year, perfect time to double dip.

CB is a need too given that Trufant is gone, Coleman is probably gone and Okudah blew chunks last year. I don't believe what we was saw was all attributed to Okudah being bad given that Patricia is an awful NFL coach but it does raise some suspicion. Slay sucked his first year and turned it around, so I have faith Okudah can too. Still CB is a weak spot.

Just in general anything should be up for play with this team given how talent devoid it is, aside from RB. No more wasting high picks on RB.

I was just reading how this is one of the deepest WR FA pools in memory.

Which makes me think the Lions will draft a WR in the 1st.

Long time lurker, First time poster....

I honestly donít know what to expect for the draft. This team has so many holes to fill. It might be best to just go best player available including TE if that is Pitts. We need playmakers on both sides of the ball and no matter what we end up doing at 7. There will be an argument that we should have drafted a different position.

if we grab a guy like Pitts... even though itís not a100% need. Knowing we can roll two beastly TEís out should make up for possibly a weaker receiving core this year.

Personally Iím still hoping that either Wilson falls to us at 7... seems like there is no chance of that. Or we trade back and select Owusa-koramoah and get more picks and focus on WRís mid rounds. Maybe take Mond in the 2nd if heís still there. He reminds me of Dak Prescott.

Iím actually not too worried about us fielding a decent WR core. The existing core other than golladay was pretty weak honestly so an overhaul was welcomed IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post

I honestly donít know what to expect for the draft. This team has so many holes to fill. It might be best to just go best player available including TE if that is Pitts. We need playmakers on both sides of the ball and no matter what we end up doing at 7. There will be an argument that we should have drafted a different position.

if we grab a guy like Pitts... even though itís not a100% need. Knowing we can roll two beastly TEís out should make up for possibly a weaker receiving core this year.

Personally Iím still hoping that either Wilson falls to us at 7... seems like there is no chance of that. Or we trade back and select Owusa-koramoah and get more picks and focus on WRís mid rounds. Maybe take Mond in the 2nd if heís still there. He reminds me of Dak Prescott.

Iím actually not too worried about us fielding a decent WR core. The existing core other than golladay was pretty weak honestly so an overhaul was welcomed IMO.
    Welcome, thanks for posting!

I agree an overhaul is welcome and needed. Personally, I'd pass on Pitts. I think at this point you have to pass on the luxury of playmakers until you get a really solid core built.

KC has a great QB, great TE, great WR, but they were beat up on the o-line and their defense did ****. To me, you add the playmakers last. Their core wasn't there and they lost the SB because of it.

If the Lions could get out of their own way and stop forcing themselves to burn draft picks on positions they cut a week earlier, they could start developing a really solid group of players. In the NFL, you need depth, you need powerful lines, and you need a great D. After that, you grab Mr. Marketable and a couple other flashy playmakers and you've got a chance.

I think this team is 2-3 years away at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post

Long time fan? Detroit area?

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Fun way to try and play GM.

I hope they trade back to the Bears or WFT and get Barmore at DT. Some decent LBís should be available at the front end of the 2nd round. Hopefully theyíll pick up a handful of picks for the 1st round drop and they can take advantage of the strong WR class. Sounds like theyíll be targeting speed at the position. A CB is gonna definitely be a need. Would love to get Stokes from Georgia.

I ran the simulator a few times and managed to hustle an extra first round pick on top of their 1st+ this year from Chicago in order for them to trade up for Trey Lance.

Other than that my favorite combo thus far has been Parsons/Chase and Oweh 1st and 2nd round.

Also take it for what it is:
    Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell reportedly attended Trey Lance's pro day. I suppose they could also get a look at Dillon Radunz the OT but the big attraction is Trey Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Long time fan? Detroit area?
    Been a fan since the 90ís. I actually live in wisconsin so Iím shunned when I try to talk lions football. Everyone asks me why the lions... It was all because of Barry Sanders. He just did things weíll never see on a football field again.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell reportedly attended Trey Lance's pro day. I suppose they could also get a look at Dillon Radunz the OT but the big attraction is Trey Lance.
    Watched Lanceís pro day. Seems like a Cam Newton/Josh Allen type player. Which isnít bad company to be in. I could see how teams fall in love with the guy. Heís got size and arm strength. Has some inaccurate throws deep. But he can make all the throws. Personally I donít think we should take him in the 1st with all the other holes this roster has but i get the attraction.

Watched his highlights of game film on YouTube, he did seem to find his second or third reads easier than most do and he was pretty mobile in and out the pocket. I hope he stays out of the NFC north.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    unless I read wrong, there were 30 teams represented at his pro day

probably kicking the tires

Man I know Micah Parson has a red flag with a fight with one of his team mates. However the Lions find that the character concerns aren't nearly as bad as they think then Parson's has to be the guy we pick. Not saying at 7 but he has to be the person we are targeting. A linebacker his size and his speed are generational and he would instantly become the leader of the defense.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Fun way to try and play GM.

I hope they trade back to the Bears or WFT and get Barmore at DT. Some decent LBís should be available at the front end of the 2nd round. Hopefully theyíll pick up a handful of picks for the 1st round drop and they can take advantage of the strong WR class. Sounds like theyíll be targeting speed at the position. A CB is gonna definitely be a need. Would love to get Stokes from Georgia.
    This thing is a lot of funÖ
    DET

Ja'Marr Chase
    WR LSU
    trade icon
    DET

Jay Tufele
    DT USC
    DET

Ronnie Perkins
    EDGE Oklahoma
    trade icon