Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Game of Thrones spin-offs.
    Yeah they'll help, but HBO Max needs as much as it can get. Also, they've had a hard time reviving GoT to this point, considering they cancelled the Naomi Watts led show "The Long Night". Netflix has Stranger Things, Umbrella Academy, The Witcher, and Ozark not to mention a new movie every week this year. Disney+ has Marvel, Star Wars, and Pixar. HBO Max needs a lot more than one show.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Yeah they'll help, but HBO Max needs as much as it can get. Also, they've had a hard time reviving GoT to this point, considering they cancelled the Naomi Watts led show "The Long Night". Netflix has Stranger Things, Umbrella Academy, The Witcher, and Ozark not to mention a new movie every week this year. Disney+ has Marvel, Star Wars, and Pixar. HBO Max needs a lot more than one show.
    They should have never cancelled GOT and just kept bringing in new characters to take the lead etc... I dont want to see any prequel and had hopes they would continue where they left off or a time jump of sort.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    They do have shows from the defunct DC channel like doom patrol which I think is better than umbrella academy btw. Just donít think Warner brothers will now say letís go back and have Snyderverse when they have a new Batman in the works and stand alone movies if the other heroes.

Zack Snyder's Justice League

Also they have green lit 3 more game of thrones spin-offs so thatís the boat their putting their goods on.
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 03-21-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Not to mention that HBO Max doesn't really need to be at the same level of streaming success as Disney+ and Netflix, as they are doing quite well as a premium cable channel.

HBO Max will probably only get hotter as we get closer to blockbuster season anyway I think. Their theater run movies are going to be on the streaming service as well. Why pay 20+ in tickets and drinks (as well as the ever present covid issue) when you can sign up for cheap monthly and get it all, for as long as it is on that service. Sure, you will get people to sign up and cancel, as with any service, but people still will find value in paying 15 a month to see all the blockbusters at home imo. As long as that is offered HBO Max will stay steady and in that time you hook people with shows that they can only see there.

I really liked it. But Iím a DC fan. I loved the added character development and explanation of the story. Thatís been a problem for DC so far.

One thing I didnít understand is how did the bad guys lose the mother boxes? After losing the war wouldnít they mark the planet somehow so they can come back at some point to claim them? They referred to earth as the lost planet or something.

I also agree about Darkseid losing the first time around but then thought about it, he lost to the Zeus and Ares so I can live with that.

They easily could have cut out 30 minutes just by removing all of the extra artistic shots. But the movie was so long because they added the origin story for two main characters in Flash and Cyborg. They should have really had their own movies to go through that (or better yet have the tv show given the marvel treatment and actually have it tie in to the movies).

Was that UXAS and not Darkseid in the first battle?

Warner Bros saying they will have the first black Superman movie but itís again Kal-El.

Warner Bros saying they will have the first black Superman movie but itís again Kal-El.
    Easy answer is Michael B Jordan. Please!

This is stupid

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    This is stupid

I mean yeah.

A made up character whose an alien can only be played by a white dude because you know........

Don't really like it. Black Superman? Go for it. You've got Calvin Ellis. You could make it any kryptonian or even another alien race. Black Kal El? It's an established 100 year old character. Why change his race? Seems silly. That said, looks like it's not actually part of the DCEU so they can just play it off as some parallel earth. That movie universe is already such a mess and completely confusing to casual fans now. I'll watch anything Superman though. Hope it's good.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 05-06-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    This is stupid

there is a black superman in the comics.

I mean yeah.

A made up character whose an alien can only be played by a white dude because you know........
    i do think there should be race restrictions on characters... Imagine a white dude being black panther or a black dude playing the new asian superhero etc... but when it comes to superman there is a black superman so its fine. There is also a black spiderman so that is fine. There is talk of them casting a black batman down the line which wouldnt be fine because there is no black batman.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast