Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2021 NBA Draft/ Mock Draft Thread

Figured it's time to start looking ahead, with the NCAA tournament right around the corner. We are currently looking at pick number 24 and don't have a 2nd round pick.

My dream scenario that possibly could happen is that combo guard Ayo Dosunmu from Illinois would fall to us at 24. I think he has possible elite level talent if he can improve his outside shooting and defense.

I'd also like to see us buy a mid 2nd round pick to obtain a Center to replace Brook Lopez. I'd be thrilled to get either Kofi Cockburn (Poor mans Shaq) or Luka Garza, who both could be available in the mid 2nd round. Garza could be an offensive upgrade from Brook. Cockburn might be the strongest player in the league next year. A slightly smaller, body builder version of Shaq.

I see the Bucks taking Isaiah Jackson who is a prototypical big (C) on mocks

So after the PJ Tucker trade, we no longer have our 2021 1st, but we do have Houston's 2nd which is curently slated as pick #32. If we keep it, I'd like to use it on Davion Mitchell PG Baylor. He reminds me of a PG version of Donavan Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    So after the PJ Tucker trade, we no longer have our 2021 1st, but we do have Houston's 2nd which is curently slated as pick #32. If we keep it, I'd like to use it on Davion Mitchell PG Baylor. He reminds me of a PG version of Donavan Mitchell.
    Windhorst mentioned Bucks maybe close to a extension with Holiday. Unless just guess work on his part since we dumped long term money from Augustin. I guess its nice to farm talent for the bench and see if they pan out. But yeah we need all the cheap decent options as possible through the draft now or vet minimum's or buyouts.

Daishen Nix is a name to watch imo. Team needs a PG to run bench unit.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Daishen Nix is a name to watch imo. Team needs a PG to run bench unit.
    Another name I like is Ayiyi from Zaga. A 6-5 combo guard and then play him bench unit PG and can play him some with Jrue as a 2 long, tall PGs who can also cover 2G and play together.

Another name I like is Ayiyi from Zaga. A 6-5 combo guard and then play him bench unit PG and can play him some with Jrue as a 2 long, tall PGs who can also cover 2G and play together.
    I could see the Bucks with the need for trying to find as much low cost talent as possible trading 31 to a team like DET for two second round picks at 37, 42 to get two second rounders for cheap salary to fill out roster. Portis will be gone, I would probably let Tucker sign on for a cheap deal. Forbes also could come back if he signs player option.

It begs the question of who the Bucks draft per 2nd round

I could see the Bucks with the need for trying to find as much low cost talent as possible trading 31 to a team like DET for two second round picks at 37, 42 to get two second rounders for cheap salary to fill out roster. Portis will be gone, I would probably let Tucker sign on for a cheap deal. Forbes also could come back if he signs player option.
    Idk if Portis is gone. He seems to like it here. Wouldnt be shocked if he opts out for more money, but I anticipate hell be back.

I could see swapping out the pick for more picks, but it actually feels like 31 is not a horrible place to be. There's some decent guards that could fall. Not sure any are starters, but a Jeff Teague replacement and possibly a guy that cna double as a Teague and Forbes replacement might be needed. And there's a decent chance that guy could be had at 31.

I think one other thing to note is that the draft is super weird. Draft picks these days are of so little value it seems. Any rumors around the draft you here are a few of teams near the top tryimg to move up a few spots. It looks like this draft has turned into a 5 horse race. Feels like if you're out of the top 5, youre in a weird spot. And the rest of the rumors you hear seem to be teams willing to deal their first rounder.

I doubt it happens, but with alot of teams, us included, in less than ideal cap situations, it's possible someone will want the flexibility that 31 offers you. 2nd round picks don't have a set salary, so you cna get more creative. So I think there's a very small possibility we could actually move up a bit of there's someone we love. Again, I think that's highly unlikely, but the value of late firsts seems to be at an all time low right now.

But y'all don't even have a 1st round pick anymore since Houston now owns that pick because of the PJ Tucker trade but 2nd rounders who do y'all like for it

Kevin O’Connor:
    League sources say Milwaukee is exploring the market for veteran upgrades using this pick. But if the Bucks keep it, then Dosunmu would be a good target. He’s a gritty defender who can handle the ball, and would provide another playmaking presence on the team. But he may not even make it to the second round. Dosunmu is one of those prospects whose draft stock is all over the place, with projections varying from 15 to 40. Dosunmu is just one of the many examples of a draft that has no consensus and is all about individual team preferences.

Not as shock at all. I'm sure we'll be shopping picks for players every draft for the next 5 years. But it does seem like everyone is shopping picks in the late first, so Im not sure who we add in with the pick. Pat C has kind of cemented himself into the rotation. Everyone else has small contracts, so I can't really see anyone else, outside of maybe Donte, being shopped. Even if you do Nwora and Diatike or Merrill and the pick, you're still looking at a pretty small contract in return.

Ayo is a guy I've had my eye on for a while too. Most mocks do have him coming off the board in the mid to late 20s, but those late first guards are all over the map. Like O'Connor says, I wouldn't at all be shocked if some teams have him in the teens and others in the 40s and that applies to alot of those guards. So it's going to come down to who's drafting in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Not as shock at all. I'm sure we'll be shopping picks for players every draft for the next 5 years. But it does seem like everyone is shopping picks in the late first, so Im not sure who we add in with the pick. Pat C has kind of cemented himself into the rotation. Everyone else has small contracts, so I can't really see anyone else, outside of maybe Donte, being shopped. Even if you do Nwora and Diatike or Merrill and the pick, you're still looking at a pretty small contract in return.

Ayo is a guy I've had my eye on for a while too. Most mocks do have him coming off the board in the mid to late 20s, but those late first guards are all over the map. Like O'Connor says, I wouldn't at all be shocked if some teams have him in the teens and others in the 40s and that applies to alot of those guards. So it's going to come down to who's drafting in front of them.
    If that guy is gone at our pick and somebody wants our pick. We could maybe get a 2 or 3 team trade of the pick and DDV. Yeah DDV is injured but the team would have to be high on him and waive the physical. He's like what $4.6M? Besides the cost of the second rounder. Could get one old vet or break that off into a vet and a tiny cheap rookie second rounder. Who knows. Horst only knows. Long as Woj don't know.

How about Brandon Boston Jr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast