Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Mamadi Diakite

Post Mamadi Diakite

Ersan signed with Jazz after we brought up Mamadi Diakite from G league. Could just be coincidence. Or a possible trade coming up? Or a injury I may have missed and we need a stop gap big for a couple days? Yeah it's only Gleague highlights.

It's only G league but seems to be a exciting kid so far from what I seen. He hits a three as first shot of the game. Blocks, dunks. Rim runner, rebounding. Full of energy, high motor. Chances of Lopez dealt and looking for bench big depth? Might be reaching a bit much. But our back up guard position is very lacking. Augustin or Forbes first off the bench isn't that exciting for guard depth. I hope Portis isn't part of trade. Lopez is falling off. Can still protect the paint, but slow moving. Can box out for others to rebound. But his deep threes aren't as exciting as his cheap first year here. Diakite could be Wilson replacement as well as practice fodder. Kinda like Wood.

Would be cool to see him play a little bit with any of our starters. Not just garbage time. Trying to think who he kinda reminds me of. Cross between Camby/McDyess?