Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Supposedly it's gonna be either Pats or Phins for Juju Smith-Schuester, but there's a push from within his family to take a short term deal to stay with the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Supposedly it's gonna be either Pats or Phins for Juju Smith-Schuester, but there's a push from within his family to take a short term deal to stay with the Steelers.
    What type of role do you think he can play. 8.6 yards/catch is pretty bad. Is that a Ben/usage thing?

Cam's IG font and Juju's tic toc dances gonna put BB in a damn hospital bed lol

I've been hoping for Curtis Samuel, Corey Davis, Will Fuller, Marvin Jones as my top WR targets. Not as big a fan of Juju, but Pats not in position to be picky at all

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    What type of role do you think he can play. 8.6 yards/catch is pretty bad. Is that a Ben/usage thing?

I've been hoping for Curtis Samuel, Corey Davis, Will Fuller, Marvin Jones as my top WR targets. Not as big a fan of Juju, but Pats not in position to be picky at all
    It's both a Ben and usage thing.

Here's his route tree by week for 2020:
    https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/...SMI829709/2020

Additionally Ben's Y/A, AY/A, Y/C were all outside 1 standard deviation under his career average. We used the passing game as a function of the running game, much to the detriment of players stats. Juju still has the ability to be a top WR2 for a lot of teams, you just got to know how to use him.

It's both a Ben and usage thing.

Here's his route tree by week for 2020:
    https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/...SMI829709/2020

Additionally Ben's Y/A, AY/A, Y/C were all outside 1 standard deviation under his career average. We used the passing game as a function of the running game, much to the detriment of players stats. Juju still has the ability to be a top WR2 for a lot of teams, you just got to know how to use him.
    Appreciate the info!

My "concern" with Juju is that there's some duplication with Jakobi Meyers to my eye. Now, the reason I put concern in quotes is because Meyers isn't someone who should dictate our top of the market WR decisions. But I do have him as the only pass catcher we have worth playing meaningful snaps and arguably the only guy worth even being on a roster at all. Meyers is more Julian Edelman/Deion Branch as an insider-out guy than he is Troy Brown/Wes Welker/Danny Amendola as purer slots, which I think Juju fits as well. So it would definitely work and be a big improvement. BUUUUUT I'm hoping for guys who fit a different profile, whether it's more of an outside the numbers guy like Corey Davis, Will Fuller, Marvin Jones (assuming Golloday will be out of price range) or if it is an inside/out guy someone like Curtis Samuel who brings terrific explosion and trick/misdirection ability to further diversify the attack.

The exciting thing about having such a craptastic roster though is that we can sign literally anyone and I'll be excited. Safety, Punter (lol) and CB (unless Gilmore is moved) are literally the only positions on the team I think we have good talent at.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...68040718671872

Juju telling teammates he's likely to leave, fwiw

Appreciate the info!

My "concern" with Juju is that there's some duplication with Jakobi Meyers to my eye. Now, the reason I put concern in quotes is because Meyers isn't someone who should dictate our top of the market WR decisions. But I do have him as the only pass catcher we have worth playing meaningful snaps and arguably the only guy worth even being on a roster at all. Meyers is more Julian Edelman/Deion Branch as an insider-out guy than he is Troy Brown/Wes Welker/Danny Amendola as purer slots, which I think Juju fits as well. So it would definitely work and be a big improvement. BUUUUUT I'm hoping for guys who fit a different profile, whether it's more of an outside the numbers guy like Corey Davis, Will Fuller, Marvin Jones (assuming Golloday will be out of price range) or if it is an inside/out guy someone like Curtis Samuel who brings terrific explosion and trick/misdirection ability to further diversify the attack.

The exciting thing about having such a craptastic roster though is that we can sign literally anyone and I'll be excited. Safety, Punter (lol) and CB (unless Gilmore is moved) are literally the only positions on the team I think we have good talent at.
    I get it as wanting someone who can do more. Juju played much more in the slot in 2020 than he has in the past. I would say he's more of a outside WR who's elite in the slot. We used him so much because he was out most physical WR, so in a way he was our defacto RB/WR.

Yea he's going to get a good amount in FA, and a big reason is he's a great possession WR who can take one to the house when needed. There's not many WR's who have the ability to be as flexible as Juju is in terms of doing whats needed.

As for the Tik Tok/Gamer Streaming ****, don't buy into it as being an issue. Our local media takes such little things and blows it to the spot where national media end up talking about it. Juju had been doing the logo dancing all year, and it wasn't a big deal until Mark Madden (seriously take 3 minutes on his Twitter and tell me you don't want to say "**** this racist *******") started whining and tagging every single person in the media until they would pick it up.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...68040718671872

Juju telling teammates he's likely to leave, fwiw
    Good for him getting paid. I'll always root for him. So many fans want our players to be like they were in the 70's. You know when they were coked out, roided out, alcoholic womanizers who street raced and had local media and police covering for them rather than being on Tik Tok and playing video games on a Tuesday night.

Sadly Claypool has become their next target already.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...72605262282752

Hopefully because both are signing in New England!!!

Good for him getting paid. I'll always root for him. So many fans want our players to be like they were in the 70's. You know when they were coked out, roided out, alcoholic womanizers who street raced and had local media and police covering for them rather than being on Tik Tok and playing video games on a Tuesday night.

Sadly Claypool has become their next target already.
    Yeah from the outside looking in, PIT media seems tough. Spend so much time worrying about harmless off the field stuff. Then again, NE is no better. Ben Volin in the globe and Felger & Mazz on the radio are just total losers and trolls. Juju will be an easy target for the radio guys (Volin usually just trolls BB not the players).

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...72605262282752

Hopefully because both are signing in New England!!!
    Corey Davis is gonna come with such buyers remorse. Can't believe the Titans spent a top 10 pick on him.

Corey Davis is gonna come with such buyers remorse. Can't believe the Titans spent a top 10 pick on him.
    Hush. I don't get to be excited during super bowl week anymore so first day of the offseason is my super bowl. I want everyone.

In all seriousness, I agree he's not a top 10 pick guy. But I think he's good WR who fits a physical profile we don't have. Trying to be realistic about who we're going to land and he fits the bill for me.

JuJu reminds me of Jordan Matthews in his first 3 years but a little better.

It's great production out of a 2nd round pick but I wouldn't spend the big free agency bucks on.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    JuJu reminds me of Jordan Matthews in his first 3 years but a little better.

It's great production out of a 2nd round pick but I wouldn't spend the big free agency bucks on.
    That's generally the stance I take with free agency, but you need talent on the roster. If you don't develop it from within though you need to go get it. And you can try bargain bin, but usually those only work out when you have higher level talent in place to afford you the opportunity to simplify their roles. And those higher talent guys get overpaid - them's the breaks when you draft like ***.

I fully understand that on the individual merits of these players I'm pushing for NE to pursue, the contract will be bad. But when you have a team devoid of talent, tons of cap room and not many young guys to earmark that cap space before, unless you want to bottom out, you have to spend on some guys. I just think that's what it will take. We'll need to start drafting better first and foremost, and in the interim as those guys develop and take shape we'll be built on FA acquisitions the next 2-4 years.

Good situation across from Chandler Jones and next to Watt. Could signal Hassan Reddick is out of AZ now.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast