Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    So “Pats sign Corey Davis/4 years/$60M and Hunter Henry/5 years/$60M” would not show up in a search for either piece of news?
    Not really. The people above me have dictated they rather have that as two threads than one. Like I said we shouldn’t even have this thread technically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Not really. The people above me have dictated they rather have that as two threads than one. Like I said we shouldn’t even have this thread technically.

What happened to TT? I haven’t seen him post here for ages. Is he still running it with rush?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    What happened to TT? I haven’t seen him post here for ages. Is he still running it with rush?
    No clue. We hear he’s incredibly busy from time to time but haven’t seen him in quite a while.

https://imgur.com/a/jPN3RBR

Come on, JuJu. Stop making this about you. Should be congratulating Allen.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Bills cut WR John Brown

Bills cut WR John Brown
    Thanks now I got an earworm.

Panthers restructured CMC and Shaq Thompsons contracts. A move by fitts trying to offset the terrible contracts Marty signed them to last offseason.

This pays for the franchise tag we placed on Taylor Moton, which costs around 13m.

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-re...pson-contracts
    Last edited by Nunuu; 03-10-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Bills cut WR John Brown

I would imagine the Pats could have some interest.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    The Chargers being last is really interesting given how well Herbert did. I thought some people were talking about how Burrow was more impressive because he was doing it on the Bengals but, at least according to this, Herbert had a worse line to throw behind.

Fire up Travis Etienne to the Steelers in your 1st round mocks. Colbert, Tomlin, and Canada were at his pro day, had zoom calls with him.

Fire up Travis Etienne to the Steelers in your 1st round mocks. Colbert, Tomlin, and Canada were at his pro day, had zoom calls with him.

Was watching him run routes and low key think he could be a Pats target. Neither Michel nor Harris contribute much in the passing game. White is a FA that seems likely to walk and Burkead is injured and a free agent. So there’s an immediate need to replace those snaps. And then longer term, Michel’s 5th year option seems unlikely to be picked up even though relatively small and as a team that doesn’t figure to be getting elite QB play for a while.

I like Harris-Michel as a power back 1-2 bunch but you need some contribution in the passing game. And Etienne could bring that while also eventually becoming your do it all guy. Him and Harris eventually being your 1-2 punch makes me happy and think sets us up well for what’s likely to be poor to average QB play at best in the near future.

One guy I think NE might make a hard run at is DET edge Romeo Okwara. I know Patricia had a tough go in DET but Okwara is a guy who really broke out and reading comments was someone Patricia heaped tons of praise on. So NE has a strong advocate of his work ethic and character in house now and inside knowledge of the scheme fit.

A popular projection I've read for him is 3 years, $30M. Obviously being a non contender NE might have to overpay some. I would offer a 4 years, $48M deal with $26M guaranteed ($12M signing bonus and year 1 & salaries of $6M and $8M). That would result in a cap hit of $9M in year 1 and factoring in the top 51 rule only take about $8.2M of our cap space.

It's not a perfect fit because he has struggled some defending the run. Pats have Chase Winovich on the edge who is the darling of fans and advanced pass rush metrics. Not as much with BB though because he's undisciplined vs the run. If he shows progression then great, he can play more, but team needs to have some contingency for 3 down production off the edge. Josh Uche is a 2nd rounder who really flashed at times reminiscent of Jamie Collins in year 1. That came both as an edge player and an off the line LB. Like Winovich he has to grow in the non-pass rush areas to warrant 3 down consideration from BB, though it remains to be seen if he'll settle in . So adding a guy like Okwara seems to bring about more of the same of needing improvement vs the run.

That might be an area NE can improve else where though. The Pats had very weak interior DL play vs the run last year. Lawrence Guy is a good player there, but hardly dominant. Adam Butler is a good interior player but it's because he's a great inside pass rusher - weak vs the run. Rest of the rotation was rounded out with fringe roster guys. Both of those guys are FAs and I expect this to be an area targeted for improvement. At LB, we had no replacement for Hightower as the top guy inside and we used Safety Adrian Phillips as the other ILB. Tons of room for improvement around the edge defenders to try and ease the burden. And also, Patricia spoke highly of Okwara's versatility, work ethic and willingness to do little things so it's possible he thinks better of Okwara's run performance and ability to grow there than analysts. Combined with some development of Uche/Winovich (more faith in the former growing into a 3 down role) then maybe you get what you need there along with what could be some good pass rush production.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/s...41261522092034

Pats supposedly would like to retain Thuney. History for NE's top free agents that they want to keep is to not tag them, let them go get an offer to bring back to BB, then he makes a final offer. Historically he'd come in a little less than the FA price and bank on the guy wanting to return, but not sure that's going to work like it has in the past.

Pats currently have 4 starting caliber offensive linemen:

Trent Brown - can play either OT side
    Isiah Wynn - has been a LT with spot duty at RT and LG
    Shaq Mason - has only played RG and can't imagine he would play anywhere else
    Michael Onwenu - was terrific as a rookie mostly at RT but played guard as well and that's his natural position

Obviously the unspoken for position is center, where David Andrews is also a FA. Thuney has actually played some center due to injuries. But hard to imagine they'd want to pay a ton of money to make that a full time thing.

Wynn has a 5th year rookie contract option decision for next year. He's been a solid starting LT, but very injury prone. Not sure what type of draft compensation he could command in a trade but if NE doesn't want to give the 5th year option I'd think a starting caliber LT would return something useful, albeit a discounted rate for th injury concerns that they'd trade him for in the first place. In this case you'd figure Brown moves to LT, Onwenu stays outside at RT and Thuney could slot back to LG. Still need a center.

Other scenario is trading Shaq Mason. Pats free $3.7M with a pre-June 1st trade that could be put towards Thuney's year 1 cap hit. Thuney is the better player and they might prefer to allocate the long term salary slot to him over Mason. The team acquiring Mason would be getting a really solid RG for 3 years, and about $18M. I'd think that could return something useful. So maybe the incremental cap space used is worth the potential Mason trade return and keeping the better player.

First time in a while that the early days of FA seem exciting as a Pats fan!

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast