Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'm not surprised you are one of the ones trying to poo poo on his comments.
    I think I still like him more than some of his ex teammates do.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I think I still like him more than some of his ex teammates do.
    Not sure the ones who may not matter much.

Not sure the ones who may not matter much.
    Every human being "matters". Even if they a born in a bad neighborhood with the "wrong values".

He and Claypool are pretty much the same height/weight, I don't get why they're freaking out just because he's listed at "TE" whereas those other guys are listed at "WR". Hes a specimen regardless, but imagine if people did that same logic when a big WR ran a slower than expected 40 that would still be solid for a TE.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He and Claypool are pretty much the same height/weight, I don't get why they're freaking out just because he's listed at "TE" whereas those other guys are listed at "WR". Hes a specimen regardless, but imagine if people did that same logic when a big WR ran a slower than expected 40 that would still be solid for a TE.
    If a big WR could play TE they would be playing TE. A recieving TE is more valuable than a big WR. The positions are similar but not the same. No different than a big CB vs a S. Any coach would much rather have a big CB than a S. But the positions are not identical. Big CB’s have extreme value, S are meh. Same applies for TE/big WR.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The difference is the expected role. Also, part of the reason Claypool slipped last year was people didn't know if he was a TE or WR. They thought he was too stiff in the hips to play WR, but wasn't a good enough blocker to play TE.

FWIW freaking out over a 40 time is pointless. Plenty of guys put up a 40 time that was fast and still busted, some put up a slow one and were great. I didn't see much on his 3 cone drill, shuttle drill, bench press, vertical, broad jump.

Anybody who has watched Jason Witten get open for the last 15 years understands that 40 times are overrated for TE’s

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasTeam View Post
    Anybody who has watched Jason Witten get open for the last 15 years understands that 40 times are overrated for TE’s
    Depends on what you are asking from the TE but yes, I agree.

@Eagles fans

How was Malik Jackson for you guys last year? Curious if he'll be an upgrade over sorry *** Ogunjobi.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    How was Malik Jackson for you guys last year?
    Decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    If a big WR could play TE they would be playing TE. A recieving TE is more valuable than a big WR. The positions are similar but not the same. No different than a big CB vs a S. Any coach would much rather have a big CB than a S. But the positions are not identical. Big CB’s have extreme value, S are meh. Same applies for TE/big WR.
    This is bad logic. The opposite would be "if a TE could play WR they'd be playing WR". I mean, they make double the money. Your assertions of value also only work for certain players. For example, nobody is taking the average TE over the average big WR. Also big CBs were so overhyped after Seattle's run but how many big CBs actually pan out?

Finally got a chance to sit down and listen to the Pat McAfee and Wentz interview. Good listen.

Finally got a chance to sit down and listen to the Pat McAfee and Wentz interview. Good listen.
    Was good.

There was obviously some disconnect between Carson and Philly. Seems like it would never have worked regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Was good.

There was obviously some disconnect between Carson and Philly. Seems like it would never have worked regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s obvious that he wasn’t made for those surroundings. Good for him, good luck in Indy.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast