Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 395
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    92,485

  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,200
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'm not surprised you are one of the ones trying to poo poo on his comments.
    I think I still like him more than some of his ex teammates do.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    92,485
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I think I still like him more than some of his ex teammates do.
    Not sure the ones who may not matter much.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,200
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not sure the ones who may not matter much.
    Every human being "matters". Even if they a born in a bad neighborhood with the "wrong values".

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,614
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    He and Claypool are pretty much the same height/weight, I don't get why they're freaking out just because he's listed at "TE" whereas those other guys are listed at "WR". Hes a specimen regardless, but imagine if people did that same logic when a big WR ran a slower than expected 40 that would still be solid for a TE.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,592
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He and Claypool are pretty much the same height/weight, I don't get why they're freaking out just because he's listed at "TE" whereas those other guys are listed at "WR". Hes a specimen regardless, but imagine if people did that same logic when a big WR ran a slower than expected 40 that would still be solid for a TE.
    If a big WR could play TE they would be playing TE. A recieving TE is more valuable than a big WR. The positions are similar but not the same. No different than a big CB vs a S. Any coach would much rather have a big CB than a S. But the positions are not identical. Big CB’s have extreme value, S are meh. Same applies for TE/big WR.

    City of Champions

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,042
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He and Claypool are pretty much the same height/weight, I don't get why they're freaking out just because he's listed at "TE" whereas those other guys are listed at "WR". Hes a specimen regardless, but imagine if people did that same logic when a big WR ran a slower than expected 40 that would still be solid for a TE.
    The difference is the expected role. Also, part of the reason Claypool slipped last year was people didn't know if he was a TE or WR. They thought he was too stiff in the hips to play WR, but wasn't a good enough blocker to play TE.

    FWIW freaking out over a 40 time is pointless. Plenty of guys put up a 40 time that was fast and still busted, some put up a slow one and were great. I didn't see much on his 3 cone drill, shuttle drill, bench press, vertical, broad jump.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,354
    Anybody who has watched Jason Witten get open for the last 15 years understands that 40 times are overrated for TE’s

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    92,485
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericasTeam View Post
    Anybody who has watched Jason Witten get open for the last 15 years understands that 40 times are overrated for TE’s
    Depends on what you are asking from the TE but yes, I agree.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,896
    @Eagles fans

    How was Malik Jackson for you guys last year? Curious if he'll be an upgrade over sorry *** Ogunjobi.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  11. #161
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    How was Malik Jackson for you guys last year?
    Decent.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    If a big WR could play TE they would be playing TE. A recieving TE is more valuable than a big WR. The positions are similar but not the same. No different than a big CB vs a S. Any coach would much rather have a big CB than a S. But the positions are not identical. Big CB’s have extreme value, S are meh. Same applies for TE/big WR.
    This is bad logic. The opposite would be "if a TE could play WR they'd be playing WR". I mean, they make double the money. Your assertions of value also only work for certain players. For example, nobody is taking the average TE over the average big WR. Also big CBs were so overhyped after Seattle's run but how many big CBs actually pan out?

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    92,485
    Finally got a chance to sit down and listen to the Pat McAfee and Wentz interview. Good listen.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,211
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Finally got a chance to sit down and listen to the Pat McAfee and Wentz interview. Good listen.
    Was good.

    There was obviously some disconnect between Carson and Philly. Seems like it would never have worked regardless.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    92,485
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Was good.

    There was obviously some disconnect between Carson and Philly. Seems like it would never have worked regardless.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s obvious that he wasn’t made for those surroundings. Good for him, good luck in Indy.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •