Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

2021 NFL Offseason Discussion

Put your general rumors and non-newsworthy content here. Due to an impending newborn, I can't promise I'll be able to fulfill my role as PSD's Adam Schefter this year, which I know is what so many of you rely on. I'll start it off:

[NFL Update] #Seahawks will release pass-rusher Carlos Dunlap, saving $14M in salary cap space, per @AdamSchefter . An expected move with his cap hit, but Seattle has indicated they would want him back. He was productive after they acquired him from Cincy.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...79594653614082

Tom Brady wants the Bucs to trade for #Browns Odell Beckham Jr, per
    @AdamSchefter

https://twitter.com/BrownsByBrad/sta...45133094330373
    Last edited by Vee-Rex; 03-08-2021 at 02:27 PM.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

General announcement for this thread:

In the past we've had issues with "catch all" threads being improperly used. I'm going to let this stand for now, but if it becomes habit that they have to be split out for major news, then I'm going to shut it down.

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/sta...619558914?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

In the past we've had issues with "catch all" threads being improperly used. I'm going to let this stand for now, but if it becomes habit that they have to be split out for major news, then I'm going to shut it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Well that lasted long

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Gotta love it:

Gotta love it:

What's the deal here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    What's the deal here?
    In a Q&A chat on the Steelers.com Bob Labriola (strange deal, Steelers owned and operated, but acts independently) said there’s concerns that Claypool has Diva like tendencies. So of course some in the local media is running with the word diva, and they think he is because it was on their site.

Yet these are the same media members who talk about missing the “good ole days” of the 70’s teams that were “clean” because media covered up their alcoholic, coke ridden, womanizing, roided up freak ways.

By contrast a few words and tik tok videos is a drop in the bucket.

In a Q&A chat on the Steelers.com Bob Labriola (strange deal, Steelers owned and operated, but acts independently) said there’s concerns that Claypool has Diva like tendencies. So of course some in the local media is running with the word diva, and they think he is because it was on their site.

Yet these are the same media members who talk about missing the “good ole days” of the 70’s teams that were “clean” because media covered up their alcoholic, coke ridden, womanizing, roided up freak ways.

By contrast a few words and tik tok videos is a drop in the bucket.

That's annoying. You'd hope the official Steelers website would be better than that. Local media, meh, they'll say whatever to get clicks. But if you're the official website you've gotta be more disciplined.

That's annoying. You'd hope the official Steelers website would be better than that. Local media, meh, they'll say whatever to get clicks. But if you're the official website you've gotta be more disciplined.
    Honestly wasn’t even that bad:

Claypool didn't need very long to establish himself as a difference-maker, as a receiver capable of making plays down the field, and he was the offense's primary deep threat throughout the season. If there was a negative, it was that it seemed as though Claypool's diva quotient increased consistently over the course of his rookie season. Whether that turns into a problem or comes to be viewed in the future as growing pains will develop over time.

Can I make a suggestion... maybe we group together active teams. For example, my Pats have tons of cap. Let’s say we go bananas and add Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel and hunter henry. Maybe we make one thread for NE signing all 3 to focus discussion.

Even if it’s smaller names, like let’s say we sign Gerald Everett and Rashard Higgins. Maybe just make one thread calling out the multiple moves since all that discussion would be fairly related.

Another example is the Saints. They’re obviously in a cap crunch, maybe a thread for it all, something like “NO cuts player x, player y and player z, trades player w”. Gives the opportunity for more expansive discussion and also pulling in some of these smaller moves. Then we can try to use this thread for more of the extremely minimal stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Can I make a suggestion... maybe we group together active teams. For example, my Pats have tons of cap. Let’s say we go bananas and add Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel and hunter henry. Maybe we make one thread for NE signing all 3 to focus discussion.

Even if it’s smaller names, like let’s say we sign Gerald Everett and Rashard Higgins. Maybe just make one thread calling out the multiple moves since all that discussion would be fairly related.

Another example is the Saints. They’re obviously in a cap crunch, maybe a thread for it all, something like “NO cuts player x, player y and player z, trades player w”. Gives the opportunity for more expansive discussion and also pulling in some of these smaller moves. Then we can try to use this thread for more of the extremely minimal stuff.
    They won’t pop up in a google search then. So they have to each have their own thread.

Honestly wasn’t even that bad:

Claypool didn't need very long to establish himself as a difference-maker, as a receiver capable of making plays down the field, and he was the offense's primary deep threat throughout the season. If there was a negative, it was that it seemed as though Claypool's diva quotient increased consistently over the course of his rookie season. Whether that turns into a problem or comes to be viewed in the future as growing pains will develop over time.

Yeah that's mild lol. I thought it would be more cutting than that.

Either way, calling someone a diva because they do TikTok sounds like boomers being babies.

They won’t pop up in a google search then. So they have to each have their own thread.

So “Pats sign Corey Davis/4 years/$60M and Hunter Henry/5 years/$60M” would not show up in a search for either piece of news?

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    So “Pats sign Corey Davis/4 years/$60M and Hunter Henry/5 years/$60M” would not show up in a search for either piece of news?
    No but Pats Trade 2nd Round pick for Zach Ertz will show up

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Yeah that's mild lol. I thought it would be more cutting than that.

Either way, calling someone a diva because they do TikTok sounds like boomers being babies.
    Welcome to Pittsburgh sports media. Hence why there’s always “drama” around this team.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast