Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    If there's a more hilariously named thread on this entire forum, I haven't seen it.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It's been mentioned. Can we forget about it just like ya all forgot about the BLM riots that killed many more people and destroyed innocent property?
    I don’t support rioting. Do you still support Trump? If you do you support an anti-democratic politician who has no qualms at all about subverting American democracy to gain power and wealth for himself. About as unAmerican as you can get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    everyone was told about a imminent threat that was going to happen March 4th, as if we all had to be prepared for the inevitable. it was fear mongering.

they used one incident (that should not have happened) to act like OMG look out this is going to happen again.
    What do you mean? was it a threat it or did the media make it up and security was there for show?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The idea that democracy was hanging by a thread and only survived because a bunch of congressmen and senators were able to bravely...flee...or that the country with the most powerful military in the history of the world was going to be overthrown by idiots in shaman costumes was all ridiculous.
    I don't think many would disagree.

But the thing that makes me roll my eyes the most about all of this is that every discussion we have about anything related to this assumes that American Democracy is something special. It ain't. It's busted. It's been busted. It's going to continue to be busted. Whenever anyone talks about the insurrection or Trump's voter fraud lies, we just all assume at a base level that there's something cherished and holy. Nah.

American Democracy is severely flawed and completely unrepresentative. Let's fix that!

Trump riling up a bunch of cretins by fear-mongering for years and feeding them lies after lies is gross and embarrassing. What happened at the Capitol was jarring and unlike anything we've seen here. But American "Democracy" wasn't going to topple because of that, and if we're really worried about it we have to get our eyes back on the prize. Hold the far-right politicians accountable for there pathetic actions, but like...we gotta get back to being more outraged about how flawed our Democracy is in ways unrelated even to Trump. That's the bigger problem. That's the big picture stuff.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    everyone was told about a imminent threat that was going to happen March 4th, as if we all had to be prepared for the inevitable. it was fear mongering.

they used one incident (that should not have happened) to act like OMG look out this is going to happen again.
    It was a potential threat, neanderthal

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yes. Do you remember the previous 20 years though?
    You mean 30?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If there's a more hilariously named thread on this entire forum, I haven't seen it.
    Some of these guys are aces at unintentional comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What do you mean? was it a threat it or did the media make it up and security was there for show?

law enforcement/FBI/ect are likely always hearing chatter, but this situation was the definition of fear mongering, making it seem much more real than it actually was.

the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    It was a potential threat, neanderthal

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

“They were believed to be scavengers who made primitive tools and were incapable of language or symbolic thought.”Now, he says, researchers believe that Neanderthals “were highly intelligent, able to adapt to a wide variety of ecologicalzones, and capable of developing highly functional tools to help them do so.

thank you for the compliment.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Guess it's no surprise that the proudly ignorant is also proud to be a Neanderthal.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Sure, but at the same time trump got exactly what he wanted, our Capitol building was breached by people with intent to physically subdue politicians into giving trump the presidency. Regardless of what had a realistic chance of happening, this was purposeful activity spawned by trumps rhetoric and carried out by the people he will now leave dry.

It's definitely something worth mentioning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Those people breached the Capital at about the same time Trump was giving his speech, more than half an hour's walk away.

And in his speech he made sure to say that they should PEACEFULLY resist. He made no calls towards violence or rioting.

Yes. Do you remember the previous 20 years though?
    Are you gonna be watching this year when they repeat as champs?
    This team is going to win 110+ games if they're healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Are you gonna be watching this year when they repeat as champs?
    This team is going to win 110+ games if they're healthy.
    Hey now, let's stay on topic here. Get back to blaming the democrats for all your problems just like how the MLB continuously cheated the Dodgers for the last 5 decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'm sure if the right wing posters acknowledged what happened the topic would die out much quicker.

lol!! Now that I think of it, wasnt ciaban the one who started a thread essentially trying to say nothing big happened at the capitol?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    If RW posters on this site acknowledged it the talk of the riot would die down on this site? Or do you mean it would die down in general? Because I don't have that kind of power. The topic of the Riot isn't going away in the media anytime soon, they're ratings are dying, and the security state needs a reason to expand its power.
    Plus with a 9/11 style commission into this, this will last for months. The original 9/11 commission last nearly a year and a half, you don't think House Dem's aren't going to try to milk this thing for everything it's worth going into the mid-terms.

Also, who is denying that A) it happened or B) It was a riot.

Hey now, let's stay on topic here. Get back to blaming the democrats for all your problems just like how the MLB continuously cheated the Dodgers for the last 5 decades.
    Your the one who brought up the dodgers, and the MLB didn't cheat the dodgers out of anything, winning the world series is hard, and the best team often doesn't win it all. Look at the 2001 Mariners.

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast