Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, I thought they were being charged with their actions in the...checks notes...insurrection. That means, at least to me, that they are by definition a threat to society. But I guess those on another side (against America) wouldn't see that as a threat to society.
    Imagine if they were a Muslim mother and son duo, yeah no release.

We are a Democratic Republican, which means that the government gets its authority from the people. That is not the case in the other countries you described. I know that you know this.
    We are a representative democracy ... I don't know what a "Democratic Republican" is.

They imply "fair" and "open" "democratic" elections.

But the country doesn't matter. Insurrection is not against society, it's against those in power. "Society" is too big a concept to attack that way anyhow.

Was the occupy movement an attack on society in general? No. Was it insurrection? Yes.
    Was BLM an attack on society in general? No. Was it insurrection? Yes.
    Was the American Revolution and attack on society in general? No. Was it insurrection? Yes.

It certainly seems that insurrection can exist outside of an attack on society.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You have no way to know that and it's just inflammatory. Our government lets convicted criminals of all religions out on the street regularly let alone people facing trial (it's a normal and growing trend). You may be right, but to say it as if it's fact is just wrong. We have enough real issues to fight without creating new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You have no way to know that and it's just inflammatory. Our government lets convicted criminals of all religions out on the street regularly let alone people facing trial (it's a normal and growing trend). You may be right, but to say it as if it's fact is just wrong. We have enough real issues to fight without creating new ones.
    You seriously think if those were brown muslims looking to take politicians hostage the reaction would be the same?

Cmon scoots, everybody, they mama, and they blind grand mama knows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

We are a representative democracy ... I don't know what a "Democratic Republican" is.

They imply "fair" and "open" "democratic" elections.

But the country doesn't matter. Insurrection is not against society, it's against those in power. "Society" is too big a concept to attack that way anyhow.

Was the occupy movement an attack on society in general? No. Was it insurrection? Yes.
    Was BLM an attack on society in general? No. Was it insurrection? Yes.
    Was the American Revolution and attack on society in general? No. Was it insurrection? Yes.

It certainly seems that insurrection can exist outside of an attack on society.
    Republican was a typo. It was supposed to say Democratic Republic. It means that our government combines aspects of a Democracy and a Republic. We are absolutely not a representative democracy. Hillary Clinton is the president in 2016 if we were. Because our government is a Democratic Republic, Donald Trump was president.

The country and form of government absolutely matters. Because if a country is truly a Democracy or Republic or some combination of the two, then an attack on the government is an attack on the society.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I would agree that attempts to burn down police stations and court houses is also insurrection.
    Those weren't attempts, those were successful, that was the plan from the get-go, and they succeeded in many cases.
    Jan 6th was just a bunch of idiots protesting the results of an election (wrongly IMO) and then it turned into a riot.

I'm sorry...but I can't tell if this is a ridiculous statement or the best satire ever.

Insurrection isn't just a threat to those in power. It's a threat to the people in the country. The government that they have chosen and elected is being attempted to be removed from power and replaced with something they didn't choose (i.e. have forced upon them).

I'm really hoping that this was just fantastic satire.
    By your definition then Jan 6th wasn't an insurrection, because there wasn't any credible threat that the govt would be overthrown and replaced.

Republican was a typo. It was supposed to say Democratic Republic. It means that our government combines aspects of a Democracy and a Republic. We are absolutely not a representative democracy. Hillary Clinton is the president in 2016 if we were. Because our government is a Democratic Republic, Donald Trump was president.

The country and form of government absolutely matters. Because if a country is truly a Democracy or Republic or some combination of the two, then an attack on the government is an attack on the society.
    Well, then we saw over 100 days of sustained insurrections last summer, where insurrectionists defied the govt and attacked both local and federal buildings.
    They litterally chanted slogans like "be ungovernable" as they violently looted and burned cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You literally don't know that. That's just conjecture, we've been seeing people who are charged with very serious crimes be let out on CASHLESS bail.

This isn't true. They are left of center for where the country as a whole is. Despite what some might want you to believe, the country doesn't sit with Bernie Sanders as the "center". They are attempting to govern in what is essentially a very slightly right leaning country.
    The country is certainly left leaning, the current government setup in relation to population and the way lines across government are drawn does handicaps it to the center though.

From a developed Democratic word viewpoint, we are probably a bit right of that center but thatís a different center for sure.

They are probably pretty close to center on dot when it comes to the overall countryís leanings. Kamala maybe a little less so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    By your definition then Jan 6th wasn't an insurrection, because there wasn't any credible threat that the govt would be overthrown and replaced.
    Really? They sought to stop the proper tabulation of the vote and get another individual than the elected official by the country. Itís like youíre trying to make bad arguments.

Maybe he's simply incapable of making good arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Well, then we saw over 100 days of sustained insurrections last summer, where insurrectionists defied the govt and attacked both local and federal buildings.

They litterally chanted slogans like "be ungovernable" as they violently looted and burned cities.
    And people literally chanted "stop the steal" as they stormed the Capitol. It is the height of partisanship to suggest Antifa burning a courthouse in Portland was an insurrection while people storming the literal US Capitol because they didn't want the President to be certified was not.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You seriously think if those were brown muslims looking to take politicians hostage the reaction would be the same?

Cmon scoots, everybody, they mama, and they blind grand mama knows.
    It's not possible to know since that's not what happened. Are you under the impression that muslims facing trials are never let out pre-trial?

It's not possible to know since that's not what happened. Are you under the impression that muslims facing trials are never let out pre-trial?
    It's possible to know things about situations that haven't happened.

I'm under the impression that the right wing narrative about this story is completely different than what it would be were the perpetrators a diff race or religion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast