Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 159 of 209 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3135
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I've now replied more to you talking about the two-line reply to his nonsense than I did with the actual reply to his nonsense. And I guess you've now "consumed a lot of energy" talking about it.
    That's a no?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    That's a no?
    It's a "who gives a ****?"

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

It's a "who gives a ****?"
    No, it's not. Thank you for your help though!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    No, it's not. Thank you for your help though!
    Yes, it is.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    American democracy is in some danger. Those day's events certainly contributed to that as well. Sure some of those things were already going on (gerrymandering, voter suppression techniques, contested elections, etc) but Trump didn't help matters by his conduct for the last calendar year and especially the 2 months after election day. He insists its a stolen election when there is no credible evidence to that theory. The fact is they were completely unnecessary acts spurred on by the nonsense of a sore loser. I know you think Trump bares no responsibility for those events that happened that day but he does. If he accepts defeat and goes quietly into the night, we're not talking about rioters infiltrating the capitol and those 5 people who died that day are still alive, including Ashli Babbitt.
    bold, no doubt. I've already said he should have conceded.

this is why I've said there was a comparison, now do the left throughout Trump's presidency, that said the 2016 election was stolen, that Trump was not the legitimate President.

but for the actions of those on January 6th, they were not a threat to American democracy.

The cop didn't shoot just anyone. He shot a woman who was trying to get to other lawmakers and entered a prohibited area amongst a crowd who could very well have followed her if he doesn't take the actions he did. What would you have done if you were in that cop's position? These people clearly ignored multiple warnings and were not acting within any reason.
    first of all there should have been more police there. that was a failure right there.

why does these police not have non lethal options?

that this resulting in someone being shot and killed that was not a deadly threat should be disturbing and raise questions on what else could have ended it better. to simply think it was okay to shoot is not fair or right, and would not be acceptable if the political sides were reversed.

as I showed people were outraged when aggressive protesters were gassed, not shot. imagine if those police had shot and killed any of the BLM protesters/agitators. holy hell there would have been outrage.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Ok, I am going to try this again. I asked this question almost a week ago and never got an answer and I figured I won't get an answer now. where are you getting this info you keep throwing around about "Pelosi denying the call for National Guard"?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What is the weather like in Earth-2 that is an entirely different reality than what the rest of us experience on Earth-1?

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542

how did this guy testify to this?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/con...ns-2021-05-12/

President Donald Trump wanted National Guard troops in Washington to protect his supporters at a Jan. 6 rally that ended with them attacking the U.S. Capitol, leaving five dead, Trump's former Pentagon chief testified on Wednesday.

Former Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller told a House of Representatives panel that he spoke with Trump on Jan. 3, three days before the now-former president's fiery speech that preceded the violence and led to his second impeachment.

According to Miller's testimony, Trump asked during that meeting whether the District of Columbia's mayor had requested National Guard troops for Jan. 6, the day Congress was to ratify Joe Biden's presidential election victory.

Trump told Miller to "fill" the request, the former defense secretary testified.
    Miller said Trump told him: "Do whatever is necessary to protect demonstrators that were executing their constitutionally protected rights."
    Miller testified that the U.S. military was deliberately restrained that day when Trump's rally turned into an assault by hundreds of his followers that left five dead, including a Capitol Police officer.

Miller testified that he was concerned in the days before Jan. 6 that sending National Guard troops to Washington would fan fears of a military coup or that Trump advisers were advocating martial law.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There were NO CAPITOL COPS killed on Jan 6th whatsoever. There were not five people killed there. There was ONE, Ashley Babbitt who was murdered by a Capitol Police Lt. Poor big man afraid of a 5'2" 95# "bully".

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    There were NO CAPITOL COPS killed on Jan 6th whatsoever. There were not five people killed there. There was ONE, Ashley Babbitt who was murdered by a Capitol Police Lt. Poor big man afraid of a 5'2" 95# "bully".
    Here is a list of the people who died on January 6th as well as due to activities that occurred on January 6th.

Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as rioters tried to breach the House chamber.

Kevin D. Greeson died of a heart attack, collapsing on the sidewalk west of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Rosanne Boyland appeared to have been crushed in a stampede of fellow rioters as they surged against the police.

Benjamin Philips, the founder of a pro-Trump website called Trumparoo, died of a stroke.

Officer Brian D. Sicknick of the Capitol Police, who was attacked by the mob, died on Jan. 7.

Officer Jeffrey Smith of the Metropolitan Police Department killed himself after the attack.

Officer Howard S. Liebengood of the Capitol Police also died by suicide four days afterward.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/u...ol-deaths.html
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    0% of this is Pelosi denying the national guard.

bold, no doubt. I've already said he should have conceded.

this is why I've said there was a comparison, now do the left throughout Trump's presidency, that said the 2016 election was stolen, that Trump was not the legitimate President.

but for the actions of those on January 6th, they were not a threat to American democracy.

first of all there should have been more police there. that was a failure right there.

why does these police not have non lethal options?

that this resulting in someone being shot and killed that was not a deadly threat should be disturbing and raise questions on what else could have ended it better. to simply think it was okay to shoot is not fair or right, and would not be acceptable if the political sides were reversed.

as I showed people were outraged when aggressive protesters were gassed, not shot. imagine if those police had shot and killed any of the BLM protesters/agitators. holy hell there would have been outrage.
    Yeah a small group of cops is supposed to be prepared to deal with an unprecedented event that involves hundreds of raving lunatics. That makes sense. I'm sure there are more cops in the building now but to say they should have known what could have potentially happened is crazy. When is the last time the US Capitol building was breached like that? Oh right, never. That's the point of the National Guard and there are plenty of reports Trump was slow to pull that trigger in that respect.

He also claimed he ordered 10,000 guardsmen which there is no real evidence to support.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-6/8929215002/

These aren't municipal cops or Swat teams. They are presumably given the same weapon most cops are given. SIGs or Glocks. There are no non lethal rounds. That's their only means of defense so I ask the question again. What do you do if that's all you're armed with and you're dealing with that type of crowd?
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-17-2022 at 02:34 PM.

0% of this is Pelosi denying the national guard.
    So strange given that she doesn’t have the authority that is ascribed to her by them in a frantic attempt to defend the deity Donald John Trump and his band of Merry insurrectionists.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Here is a list of the people who died on January 6th as well as due to activities that occurred on January 6th.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/u...ol-deaths.html

Rosanne Boyland appeared to have been crushed in a stampede of fellow rioters as they surged against the police.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/capito...e-intoxication
    Capitol Rioter Rosanne Boyland Died From Drug Overdose, Not Trampling
    The D.C. Medical Examiner’s Office on Wednesday revealed that Roseanne Boyland, one of five people who died amid the Capitol riot, died from accidental “acute amphetamine intoxication”—instead of being crushed by the MAGA crowd as previously reported. The New York Times was the first to report on January that Boyland, a 34-year-old from Georgia who wanted to be a sobriety counselor, was seen in body-camera footage being trampled by rioters as her friend screamed for help. “She’s gonna die! She’s dead! Rosanne! Rosanne!” her friend is heard yelling as rioters sprayed chemical irritants over his head toward cops. She was pronounced dead shortly after.
    https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/polit...f-9fbeb156b25a
    While initial reports claimed Boyland had been crushed to death amongst the crowds at the Capitol, the DC medical examiner ultimately ruled her cause of death was an amphetamine overdose.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah a small group of cops is supposed to be prepared to deal with an unprecedented event that involves hundreds of raving lunatics. That makes sense. I'm sure there are more cops in the building now but to say they should have known what could have potentially happened is crazy. When is the last time the US Capitol building was breached like that? Oh right, never. That's the point of the National Guard and there are plenty of reports Trump was slow to pull that trigger in that respect.

He also claimed he ordered 10,000 guardsmen which there is no real evidence to support.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-6/8929215002/

These aren't municipal cops or Swat teams. They are presumably given the same weapon most cops are given. SIGs or Glocks. There are no non lethal rounds. That's their only means of defense so I ask the question again. What do you do if that's all you're armed with and you're dealing with that type of crowd?
    if they were not properly equipped or ready to deal with what was known to be a big rally/protest, then that is their fault.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-6/6497829001/
    White House chief of staff Mark Meadows sent a message of reassurance the day before a riot at the Capitol about the protection the National Guard would offer some individuals Jan. 6.

Meadows wrote in an email that the National Guard would "protect pro Trump people," according to the House committee investigating the insurrection, and others would be available on standby.

what would have happened if the police shot any of the Black Lives Matter protesters/agitators at Lafayette Square? that would have not been justified either.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if they were not properly equipped or ready to deal with what was known to be a big rally/protest, then that is their fault.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-6/6497829001/

what would have happened if the police shot any of the Black Lives Matter protesters/agitators at Lafayette Square? that would have not been justified either.
    No its not. They can only do with what officers they have available and its not many. How many people do you think they hire to protect the people in that building? And why do you think they should have hundreds of cops in a building where next to no crime occurs? That's what the National Guard is there for.

Why do you think I'll answer you question when you totally avoided mine? Because we both know if you were in that position of that capitol officer you would have shot too.

Jorge Gomez says hello.

Or would, if he hadn't been killed by Las Vegas police during one of the protests last summer. I'm sure you've heard of him though, right?

Except, weirdly, I can't find any national media reporting about it. It's all local news, and one msn.com page that is just a repost of local reporting. And yet, I've been assured repeatedly that everyone on the left would've lost their minds had literally this exact thing happened.

So where is it?