Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Didn't I tell l you. Not even a full year after the event, the republicans are trying to shift the blame on democrats. These f'ers have no shame or integrity.

By-election time those raiders would be called BLM, Bernie Bros, FBI agents, and ANTIFA supporters and be considered domestic terrorists. Yes, they will have the balls to call the FBI terrorists. They talk about the deep state more than the leftist of the sixties.

Sorry for the cuss words, but we are living in a time where soft words aren't doing it.
    Well I am simultaneously shocked and not at all shocked. It's a very odd feeling to know something is coming but not really be able to believe it when it actually happens.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Nothing out of a corrupt system surprises me anymore.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Nothing out of a corrupt system surprises me anymore.
    I’m not sure it’s corrupt so much as it is the end game of the system. Like all systems, ours — structured as it is by the Consitution — has inherent flaws, which may or may not be understood, intended, or anticipated by those who put it together.

But human beings are opportunists, and eventually those who most benefit by gaming the system will control the system, principally by using whatever means they can legitimize.

No surprise that this forum is part of a sports site which focuses primarily on professional sports. The whole professional sports system is actually quite similar (team loyalty…win/lose…governance…media attention)

Didn't I tell you. Not even a full year after the event, the republicans are trying to shift the blame on democrats. These f'ers have no shame or integrity.

By-election time those raiders would be called BLM, Bernie Bros, FBI agents, and ANTIFA supporters and be considered domestic terrorists. Yes, they will have the balls to call the FBI terrorists. They talk about the deep state more than the leftist of the sixties.

Sorry for the cuss words, but we are living in a time where soft words aren't doing it.

Especially when they are trying to get Trump off the hook for his part in the Jan. 6th raid. Covering for Trump, man, this rot goes deep.
    It’s especially galling because all their defenses don’t even make consistent or logical sense. They were just arguing that it was peaceful and non-violent. If that’s the case, then what should Pelosi be held to account for not preventing?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It’s especially galling because all their defenses don’t even make consistent or logical sense. They were just arguing that it was peaceful and non-violent. If that’s the case, then what should Pelosi be held to account for not preventing?
    Doing a deep dive on Republican's talking points made you think that they think we are stupid enough to swallow this crap. Then you have to remember they are really directing this at their base, who will swallow, rinse and repeat this crap and grab their guns. Whatever violence their base commit, the Republican leadership got their backs. They will just place the blame on the democrats which play well with their base.

Politics with no accountablitly is corrosive politics.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-27-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Doing a deep dive on Republican's talking points made you think that they think we are stupid enough to swallow this crap. Then you have to remember they are really directing this at their base, who will swallow, rinse and repeat this crap and grab their guns. Whatever violence their base commit, the Republican leadership got their backs. They will just place the blame on the democrats which play well with their base.
    People are usually responsive to a message of "you aren't responsible for your own actions". It would be humorous if it weren't so sad, but they always tell everyone else that they have to take personal responsibility and pick themselves up by their own bootstraps.

I will for all time disregard anyone who tells me that Republicans belief Blue Lives Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    People are usually responsive to a message of "you aren't responsible for your own actions". It would be humorous if it weren't so sad, but they always tell everyone else that they have to take personal responsibility and pick themselves up by their own bootstraps.
    No this goes beyond that, When you encourage people to do things that place their lives and others in danger like with this pandemic or you give violent people an out and not hold them accountable for their actions, you are destroying the country for political gain and encouraging the worst of us to act out.

Being a religious person, I call it evil. Secular folks can use their own words.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I’m not sure it’s corrupt so much as it is the end game of the system. Like all systems, ours — structured as it is by the Consitution — has inherent flaws, which may or may not be understood, intended, or anticipated by those who put it together.

But human beings are opportunists, and eventually those who most benefit by gaming the system will control the system, principally by using whatever means they can legitimize.

No surprise that this forum is part of a sports site which focuses primarily on professional sports. The whole professional sports system is actually quite similar (team loyalty…win/lose…governance…media attention)
    the endgame of the system as in the last days of an empire?

Will Rogers

the endgame of the system as in the last days of an empire?
    If the shoe fits….

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    If the shoe fits….
    I will accept that I am describing a symptom of something bigger. In a way, I knew this but continue to think that we could change the direction we are going.

I think it will come faster than we think and when that realization, the party is over, settles in, people are going to go nuts. Especially those who cling to the illusions of greatness the hardest.

Will Rogers

But.. blue lives matter?

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    But.. blue lives matter?
    When it comes to beating up and killing black lives...they're on the same page.

Here’s some more of those blue lives mattering Nate…

Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast