Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As the Insurrection Narrative Crumbles, Dems Cling to it More Desperately Than Ever

From Glenn Greenwald.
    https://greenwald.substack.com/p/as-...ative-crumbles

So now that we're about two months out of the Jan 6th riot.

Some issues from the narrative we were told have begun to come to light.

One, as confirmed in Testimony before Congress, literally no one was arrested with weapons of any kind.

The guys who had the zip ties simply found them, they didn't even bring them there.

Officer Brian Snitnick wasn't killed by protestors/rioters. He died later that day after returning from work, his mother claims it was due to a stroke.

And most importantly if there was just a proper amount of security that day, none of this would have happened.

Perhaps the most significant blow to the maximalist insurrection/coup narrative took place inside the Senate on Thursday. Ever since January 6, those who were not referring to the riot as a ďcoup attemptĒ ó as though the hundreds of protesters intended to overthrow the most powerful and militarized government in history ó were required to refer to it instead as an ďarmed insurrection.Ē
    his formulation was crucial not only for maximizing fear levels about the Democratsí adversaries but also, as Iíve documented previously, because declaring an ďarmed insurrectionĒ empowers the state with virtually unlimited powers to act against the citizenry. Over and over, leading Democrats and their media allies repeated this phrase like some hypnotic mantra:
    This is all important because these narratives are being used to promote the need for what would effectively be a second Patriot act (Patriot Act 2 electric Bogaloo Boys) and a new (domestic) War on Terror. Which will inevitably be used on Left Wing activists too.

The idea that democracy was hanging by a thread and only survived because a bunch of congressmen and senators were able to bravely...flee...or that the country with the most powerful military in the history of the world was going to be overthrown by idiots in shaman costumes was all ridiculous.

To be clear, these criticisms of mine aren't of your average Dem voter, but of elected Dem's and the Media Apparatus that supports them that are pushing these wild claims uncritically.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 03-07-2021 at 10:12 PM.

As the Insurrection Narrative Crumbles, Dems Cling to it More Desperately Than Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The idea that democracy was hanging by a thread and only survived because a bunch of congressmen and senators were able to bravely...flee...or that the country with the most powerful military in the history of the world was going to be over thrown by idiots in shaman costumes was all ridiculous.

I donít think anyone thinks that. We did have a President that tried to ignore the results of the election and inspired civil unrest at our capital with his anti-democratic shenanigans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 03-07-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít think anyone thinks that

Well, the media and elected Dem's have been hell-bent on selling us this idea, in the way they continue to describe the Jan. 6th events. Probably because it gives them the cover to push for Patriot Act 2.0

Well, the media and elected Dem's have been hell-bent on selling us this idea, in the way they continue to describe the Jan. 6th events. Probably because it gives them the cover to push for Patriot Act 2.0
    Not really

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Not really

How do you explain the way elected officials and journalists have been calling the events an "armed insurrection" despite no weapons being recovered by police.

They literally had all of the congress go home on the 4th because of "intel on Q-Anon" which ended up having literally nothing happen.

The idea that democracy was hanging by a thread and only survived because a bunch of congressmen and senators were able to bravely...flee...or that the country with the most powerful military in the history of the world was going to be overthrown by idiots in shaman costumes was all ridiculous.
    I don't think many would disagree.

But the thing that makes me roll my eyes the most about all of this is that every discussion we have about anything related to this assumes that American Democracy is something special. It ain't. It's busted. It's been busted. It's going to continue to be busted. Whenever anyone talks about the insurrection or Trump's voter fraud lies, we just all assume at a base level that there's something cherished and holy. Nah.

American Democracy is severely flawed and completely unrepresentative. Let's fix that!

Trump riling up a bunch of cretins by fear-mongering for years and feeding them lies after lies is gross and embarrassing. What happened at the Capitol was jarring and unlike anything we've seen here. But American "Democracy" wasn't going to topple because of that, and if we're really worried about it we have to get our eyes back on the prize. Hold the far-right politicians accountable for there pathetic actions, but like...we gotta get back to being more outraged about how flawed our Democracy is in ways unrelated even to Trump. That's the bigger problem. That's the big picture stuff.
    HELLO

To be clear, these criticisms of mine aren't of your average Dem voter, but of elected Dem's and the Media Apparatus that supports them that are pushing these wild claims uncritically.
    No one thinks democracy was hanging by a thread, but an insurrection is an insurrection, no matter how you would like to sugarcoat it to make it seem like it was anything else. If antifa had done something similar it would be round the clock news cycles and talking points for the next 25 years and beyond for the right. Not a single person who is in support of or defending the insurrection right now would hesistate for a second to call Antifa a terror organization. If they had been muslim, then I could literally see a race war happen in this country. There'd be calls to round all muslims up. That is the length of hypocrisy we continue to see over and over from those on the far right.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    No one thinks democracy was hanging by a thread, but an insurrection is an insurrection, no matter how you would like to sugarcoat it to make it seem like it was anything else. If antifa had done something similar it would be round the clock news cycles and talking points for the next 25 years and beyond for the right. Not a single person who is in support of or defending the insurrection right now would hesistate for a second to call Antifa a terror organization. If they had been muslim, then I could literally see a race war happen in this country. There'd be calls to round all muslims up. That is the length of hypocrisy we continue to see over and over from those on the far right.
    ANTIFA did perform an intersection in Seattle with their Capital Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) where police and most city officials were banned from entering, and they had their own armed security, and a ****ing warlord running the place. That went on for weeks, the Riot in DC went on for roughly 2 hours I think.

Not only did the mainstream media and politicians on the left NOT denounce it, they actively defended it. With the Mayor of the city comparing it to "the summer of love". And that's JUST what happened in Seattle, we saw riots in cities across the country.
    Remember when the CNN headquarters was burned and looted...if RW protestors did that CNN would still be talking about it months later as an "assault on free speech, and the press"
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/29/us/cn...yed/index.html
    That's because there is like what 12 of them? Who the **** is defending or supporting what happened on Jan 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    they have, and continue to be similar. more rioting, more violence, more death. but many would rather ignore it because certain media aren't covering it.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Wierd thread..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Q is alive and kicking in some.

It was antifa all along, they would of gotten away with it if it wasnít for those meddling kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Q is alive and kicking in some.

It was antifa all along, they would of gotten away with it if it wasnít for those meddling kids.
    Only like 4% of the population even supports Q. It's really not alive and kicking at all.

Only like 4% of the population even supports Q. It's really not alive and kicking at all.
    well that's about the same percentage of the population that identifies as LGBTQ, and they appear to be live and kicking
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Damn y'all will do anything to protect Dear Leader Trump. There was an attempted insurrection and Trump pushed for it for months.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast