Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Playoff Predictions After All Star Break

What does everyone's predictions look like for the Eastern Conference and Western Conference standings? Well for me in the East

Brooklyn Nets (#1 seed)

Philadelphia 76ers (#2 seed)

Milwaukee Bucks (#3 seed)

Miami Heat (#4 seed; Heat will get the 4th seed)

Boston Celtics (#5 seed)

New York Knicks (#6 seed)

Toronto Raptors (#7 seed)

Indiana Pacers (#8 seed)

Charlotte Hornets (#9 seed)

Chicago Bulls (#10 seed)

Washington Wizards (#11 seed)

Atlanta Hawks (#12 seed)

Orlando Magic (#13 seed)

Cleveland Cavaliers (#14 seed)

Detroit Pistons (#15 seed)

Eastern Conference Play In Game- Indiana Pacers vs Charlotte Hornets (Pacers beat Hornets in the play in to get to the playoffs)

Western Conference Playoff Predictions

Utah Jazz (#1 seed)

Los Angeles Lakers (#2 seed)

Phoenix Suns (#3 seed) -

Los Angeles Clippers (#4 seed)

Portland Trail Blazers (#5 seed)

Denver Nuggets (#6 seed) -

Golden State Warriors (#7 seed)

Dallas Mavericks (#8 seed)

San Antonio Spurs (#9 seed)

New Orleans Pelicans (#10 seed)

Memphis Grizzlies (#11 seed)

Houston Rockets (#12 seed) -

Sacramento Kings (#13 seed)

Oklahoma City Thunder (#14 seed)

Minnesota Timberwolves (#15 seed)

Western Conference Play In Game- Dallas Mavericks beat San Antonio Spurs to make it into the playoffs

Eastern Conference 1st Round Matchup Predictions

Brooklyn Nets (1) vs Indiana Pacers (8)- Nets win series by beating Pacers 4-2 -

Philadelphia 76ers (2) vs Toronto Raptors (7)- Series could go either way...Raptors could upset the apple cart by beating the Sixers but I say the Sixers win the series by beating the Raptors in 7 games 4-3 -

Milwaukee Bucks (3) vs New York Knicks (6)- Bucks sweep Knicks 4-0

Miami Heat (4) vs Boston Celtics (5)- This series could go either way but I have the Celtics this time beating the Heat in 7 games...4-3

Western Conference 1st Round Playoff Predictions

Utah Jazz (1) vs Dallas Mavericks (8)- This series could go either way for me...but I have the Jazz beating the Mavs in 6 games (4-2)

Los Angeles Lakers (2) vs Golden State Warriors (7)- This match up could go either way but I say LeBron turns it on but this series will be a tight series going all the way to 7 games...Lakers beat Warriors 4-3

Phoenix Suns (3) vs Denver Nuggets (6)- This is Phoenix's first playoff series in years...Booker's first playoff appearance going up against The Joker and Murray...yeah I have the Nuggets with the upset beating the Suns 4-1

Los Angeles Clippers (4) vs Portland Trail Blazers (5)- This series could also go either way but I say for Kawhi and PG13...it is revenge season...they beat the Blazers and for Pat Bev he can say Cancun on 3 to Dame...Clippers win this series 4-2

Eastern Conference 2nd Round Predictions (Semi Finals)

Brooklyn Nets (1) vs Boston Celtics (5)- Nets are on a mission but then again so are the Celtics so this series could go either way...I have the Nets winning this series 4-2

Philadelphia 76ers (2) vs Milwaukee Bucks (3)- Giannis vs Embiid in the 2nd round; this playoff series could go either way but I have the 76ers beating the Bucks in the 2nd round 4-3...it goes 7

Western Conference Semi Finals (Round 2 Predictions)

Utah Jazz (1) vs Los Angeles Clippers (4)- I think the Jazz with their dominant run it ends in Round 2 with the Clippers beating the Jazz; Kawhi and PG13 come through again with this series going to 6 games...Clippers win series 4-2

LA Lakers (2) vs Denver Nuggets (3)- Lakers beat the Nuggets again for the 2nd straight year in the playoffs but doing it in a sweep 4-0...Lakers sweep Nuggets 4-0

Eastern Conference Finals Prediction

Brooklyn Nets (1) vs Philadelphia 76ers (2)- This series will be the one that can go either way but as far as who wins, to get to the 2021 NBA Finals representing the East? Nets beat Sixers...Nets win series 4-3

Western Conference Final Prediction- Battle of LA-

Los Angeles Lakers (2) vs Los Angeles Clippers (4)- As far as who I have winning this series...it could go either way but I have the Clippers doing the unthinkable and beating LeBron and AD...Kawhi and PG13 carry the Clippers in this series...Clippers win series 4-2

2021 NBA Finals Prediction (The Finals)

- (1) Brooklyn Nets (East) vs (4) Los Angeles Clippers (West)

Your 2021 NBA World Champions will be? Los Angeles Clippers...Clippers pull it off by doing the unthinkable and upset the Brooklyn Nets in 6 games...Clippers win series 4-2 Your 2021 NBA Finals MVP is? Kawhi Leonard the Cyborg...the Terminator wins his 3rd ring and his 3rd Finals MVP with his 3rd team

Just a side bar here, at the end of the regular season the 7th seed and the 8th seed play for the 7th seed. Winner gets the 7 seed, loser gets... While that game is going on the 9th seed and the 10th seed play, loser goes home and the winner gets...

The winner of the 9/10 game and the loser of 7/8 game play for the 8th seed. Winner is in and the loser goes home.

So, in reality, at the end of the regular season only the top 6 seeds are safe to make the playoffs. The 7th seed could lose 2 games and miss the playoffs. It adds another layer to it, for sure.

East: Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Boston, Miami, New York, Charlotte, Toronto
    West: Utah, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Denver, Portland, Phoenix, Dallas, Golden State

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    East: Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Boston, Miami, New York, Charlotte, Toronto
    West: Utah, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Denver, Portland, Phoenix, Dallas, Golden State
    No Spurs or Pacers, wow. I assume it has something to do with schedule left, the thought of moves to be made, or the play-in games.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    No Spurs or Pacers, wow. I assume it has something to do with schedule left, the thought of moves to be made, or the play-in games.
    I feel confident they'll both be in the play-in tournament, but I don't see either making much noise in nut-crunching time.
    As of March 1, T.J. Warren was still months away from playing again, and he's their second- or third-best scorer. Losing Oladipo has obviously hurt them. Having Lamb back helps, but I don't see him putting Indiana over the top.
    I could definitely see the Spurs moving off of Aldridge or DeRozan. San Antonio's a fun young team with a couple wily veterans, but I just can't see them securing a playoff spot in the loaded west with that lack of shooting.
    Honestly, I figured people would be more surprised I didn't have New Orleans in there. Their two best players are significantly better than anyone on the Spurs.

I would love to see the Pacers in the lottery for once. I believe LeVert will prevent that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    I would love to see the Pacers in the lottery for once. I believe LeVert will prevent that though.
    Yup, he's a very solid player. Good to see him back out there.

May 18th through the 21st is the NBA play-in tournament and the NBA playoffs start May 22nd all way up to potentially July 22nd.

Hard to make predictions after one game, but LeVert seemed to make a big impact in last nights game against the Suns. Missing Oladipo and not having him to fill that role apparently led to a pretty long stretch of losing. Having him might, dare I say, get them as high as 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Hard to make predictions after one game, but LeVert seemed to make a big impact in last nights game against the Suns. Missing Oladipo and not having him to fill that role apparently led to a pretty long stretch of losing. Having him might, dare I say, get them as high as 4th?
    My wife told me not to eat those mushrooms.

Raps knock off the Nets in the 1st round.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I somehow missed this but two-way contracts will be playoff eligible this season. We'll see how teams game that, down the stretch.

"The NBA and NBPA are planning to eliminate the 50-game limit for two-way contract players this season and to allow two-way players to be eligible for the playoffs". Per Shams

Jazz clinched a playoff spot!

Wow, Lakers fell all way down to 6th.

Wow, Lakers fell all way down to 6th.
    lol no lebron/AD will do this. Also shroeder isnt going to be worth 1/10th of his contract he will get. If the lakers get CP3 its over and that is what they should try to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast