Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Breaking: Brent Seabrook Retires after 15 NHL Seasons

Brent Seabrook says hes unable to play and announces the end of his 15-year career due to injury.
    You kind of sensed it was becoming more possible. Ton of tremendous great years for this team wish his career didn't end like this. Thank you Brent!

Thanks for everything, Seabsy Boy! I figured it was bound to happen soon, but still a sad day for him.

You were a part of a great time in history for the Hawks, and we will always appreciate it

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Brent Seabrook will not be able to continue his NHL career.
    Seabrook underwent shoulder and hip surgeries in December. Although he's recovered from those surgeries, he still has long-term hip issues that will prevent him from continuing as a professional athlete. "I am so proud to have played my entire 15-year National Hockey League career in Chicago with the Blackhawks," Seabrook said in a statement. "It was an honor to play the game that I love, with teammates I love, in front of fans I love, in a city that my family and I have grown to love." Seabrook had 103 goals and 464 points in 1,114 career games. He played an important role in the Blackhawks winning three championships, averaging over 23 minutes in each of those three playoff runs. He's still signed through 2023-24, so Chicago moved him to the long-term injured reserve list, but in every other regard, he's now retired from playing hockey.
    Congrats on a heck of a run.. he was so stellar for so many seasons.

How much money does this save us? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Congrats on a heck of a run.. he was so stellar for so many seasons.

How much money does this save us? Lol
    $6.87 for the next few seasons. With him retiring it actually prevents them from making the hard choice of who to protect for the upcoming expansion draft. There would have been a good chance they might have left him or considered leaving him unprotected during that process.

No question his number will be up in the rafters pretty soon. The only things I'm wondering when it comes to retiring #7 do we put up Seabrook and Chelios or just Seabs?

Another question what's everyone's favorite Seabrook moment? I'm personally torn between the Game 4 OT winner
    in Stanley Cup Final or the Game 7 OT winner vs. Detroit.

Chelios was a significantly better at hockey than Seabs so if it has to be one of the two, Chelios

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Overall, I'm guessing they have both names up there when retiring #7.

Seabrook meant significantly more to the franchise than Chelios, so if it has to be one of the two, Seabrook.

He's not officially retiring, he's doing the Hossa route. He still has a decent amount of guaranteed money left. Guessing he will be traded if possible.

This actually helps the expansion because, with his NTC, we would have had to protect him.

Sucks his body broke down so fast and young, he was so clutch.

I mean yes seabs was a longer term hawk but he was never an elite player in my opinion. Hammer was even a better defender at his peak.

I liked the dude, i guess I just get frustrated by the over loyalty and love and overrating of certain hawks players just because we won 3 cups

Click here to register!

OT winner v. DET for sure. Vividly remember that. Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    OT winner v. DET for sure. Vividly remember that. Amazing
    Hawks we're down 3-1 in that series too, what a comeback

Click here to register!

https://youtu.be/sFmVrB2MnAE

I remember this like it was yesterday. Wacky wacky Bakkes.