Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

GT#37 Detroit Power Forwards (9-25) @ Muy Sacramental Knicks (18-18) Hi (again)Dennis

Neutron Dance: Just when it looked like the Knicks could stay above .500 for another day then the injury to Elfrid Payton and Derrick Rose’s COVID protocol left the Knicks down 2 point guards. Dennis Smith Jr gets another crack at it.

Sorry gotta catch an early flight so I figure we can have ready the Revenge of Dennis Smith Jr Try #2.

Random thoughts:

1. The Legacy of the Knicks underestimating the Importance of a Point Guard: You’d think the Knicks Front Office would connect the dots. The Knicks haven’t been NBA champions after having two of the best guards of their generation, Walt “Clyde” Frazier and “Black Jesus” Earl Monroe. The Knicks keep avoiding the elephant in the room. Knicks keep trying to plug in a point guard but it never works out.

2. Baron Davis’ Knee: Remember when the Knicks patiently awaited Baron Davis to rehab his knee? It worked ked for a few games then his leg came off like dislocating a leg from your He-man figure? Yeah that was nuts.

3. Steve Nash Snub : For the un-initiated, Steve Nash spent his Summers in Manhattan for about 6-7 yrs. Annually he’d invite NBA players, celebs, & other athletes to play “footie” at Lion’s Gate Field located on Grand and Chystie. Rumors of Nash joining the Knicks to run D’Antoni’s offense would persist. Instead he went to the Lakers.

4. The Dream that was Linsanity: No matter what, New York City will always be a city of dreams. The individual against all odds. Recently, Jeremy Lin trying to mount an NBA comeback, cited some racist COVID comments in his direction. Lin who is a very religious guy said something uncharacteristic of the “Cancel Culture” and said, “I’m not going to give a name. I’m not trying to take someone down. I’m trying to bring awareness.” Racist violent crimes against Asians in NYC have risen dramatically. Shhh. Keep quiet. Bill DiBlasio said, it’ll all go away soon.

5. Chairman Stephon Marbury & Steve Francis: I never thought the two happiest ex-pats living the dream in a Communist gulag would be ex-Knicks. Stephon Marbury who was last eating Vaseline on a live camera; now has a statue in his honor. Steve Francis was credited as being Yao Ming’s best friend in America. Made him feel welcome. Dennis Rodman is the favorite pet of “lil Kim” in North Korea. You don’t think this is a BS ploy by the Communist governments to sucker NBA players into rallying against their government, distracting the world while the Communists have been operating the largest Concentration Death Camp against Muslims since the Nazis? As the quote in the former USSR goes, “Religion is the poppy of the weak willed.” 40% of the NBA’s revenue comes from China. Meh.

Enough with the Existential nonsense. All that stuff can wait! It’s time for men to be men!

Let’s go Knicks!

https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status...022983170?s=21

Sounds like Rose may be cleared to play tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status...022983170?s=21

Sounds like Rose may be cleared to play tomorrow.
    I think the NBA just wanted to end Knicks winning streak last night.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I think the NBA just wanted to end Knicks winning streak last night.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    F* the NBA office for screwing the Knicks over and over again. IQ got snubbed in that foolish Rising Star format. I hope he lights it up tomorrow for 50 and stick it to the league office's *****.

Drose probably would've sat vs the spurs anyway thank God he should be back vs det

Dennis Smith Jr put up double/double with rebounds/assists.

Detroit coming off back2back.

Trap?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Trap?
    As long as we got drose we good

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Trap?
    It was a triple double actually lol.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    It was a triple double actually lol.
    Damn. The Knicks could’ve used that.

GT#37 Detroit Power Forwards (9-25) @ Muy Sacramental Knicks (18-18) Hi (again)Dennis

I feel great about the team but is anyone else a little concerned about this teams passing? We were never a good passing team but of late but I feel more guys guys are going tunnel vision. Quickley didn't pass at all in the first half of the Spurs game. Barrett has been doing tunneling more and I think Rose and Bukrs both have moments where there mind is made up.

Randle has to at times but he does look for others so he gets a pass imo but I think it's a little concerning
    Last edited by ewing; 03-04-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The Knicks are the worst team in the NBA when it comes to generating assists. Mostly due to the fact, the Knicks have a 3 bullet point attack plan:

1. Payton to Randle

2. Payton to Randle

3. Payton to Randle

Yeah, Randle will rack up 5-6 assists but also commit 3 turnovers in the process, trying to pass out of the triple team.

True, guards like Derrick Rose will go into scoring mode but that is to legitimize the guard and spread out the defense. Otherwise, guys will leave the guard open all day (see Payton) because he’s not a threat.

Watch how Obi Toppin plays when Rose is on the court. Totally different player.

Back to Frank Vs DSJR the way it should be!...

DSJR needs to show something or he'll be out of hte league soon like Mudiay. heck mUdiay was much better than DSJR and still couldn't find a team.

Seems like we have a “must win” every other night but with our upcoming schedule and after a debilitating loss this one feels like another must win.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Seems like we have a “must win” every other night but with our upcoming schedule and after a debilitating loss this one feels like another must win.
    we are a winning team at the break or a losing team at the break. Everyone has to live with that for a week. This is a huge game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Back to Frank Vs DSJR the way it should be!...

DSJR needs to show something or he'll be out of hte league soon like Mudiay. heck mUdiay was much better than DSJR and still couldn't find a team.
    What the forefathers envisioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast