Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Raptors clearly need a big so you either go Kai Jones, Isaiah Jackson, Usman Garuba or Alperen Sengun...either way it is either you draft a big or you acquire one via trade or address in free agency this summer because it is clear that this team needs defense
    You address it in free agency. There are plenty of interesting bigs, from Holmes to Allen, out there that can make an instant impact on this team next year. To ChrongInc.'s point, we have a positive differential without an effective one this year. What you don't do is waste a high draft pick reaching for a need rather than talent. I wouldn't want to use the 8th pick on the 15th best talent in a draft. Unless its Mobley, or unless you see Scottie Barnes as a potential shorter center, there are no centers that should be drafted in the top 10 in the draft... IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    You address it in free agency. There are plenty of interesting bigs, from Holmes to Allen, out there that can make an instant impact on this team next year. To ChrongInc.'s point, we have a positive differential without an effective one this year. What you don't do is waste a high draft pick reaching for a need rather than talent. I wouldn't want to use the 8th pick on the 15th best talent in a draft. Unless its Mobley, or unless you see Scottie Barnes as a potential shorter center, there are no centers that should be drafted in the top 10 in the draft... IMO.
    I share this sentiment. Especially in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Kai Jones has a chance for Top 10. Depending how an organization evaluates the likelihood he reaches his upside

We're not even close to the draft yet. There is still huge variance in rankings. What you see in mocks isn't representative of their actual rankings. At least wait until the combine if you're going to use mock rankings as a BPA guide.

I trust Masai and Bobby to draft the best guy. I dont mind waiting a few years for them to develop. Just a matter of who'd there I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I trust Masai and Bobby to draft the best guy. I dont mind waiting a few years for them to develop. Just a matter of who'd there I guess.
    I agree. If Bobby and Masai see Kai Jones' potential as matching with the spot they pick, then so be it. I trust their evaluation. My point is more that you don't make the mistake of drafting for positional need when you have a lottery pick, particularly in a draft this stacked.

Scottie Barnes, Keon Johnson, Davion Mitchell or Kai Jones has to be your guy

I dont think the Raptors fall below 7.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post

We can prey though.

Doubtful. These are my tiers for us right now...

Lottery luck = Top 4. Kade, Mobley, Suggs, Green

Projected reverse standings = Kai, Barnes, Keon, Davion, Moody, Jalen J.

Play-in = Wagner, Kispert, Garuba, Bouknight, Sengun, Jackson, Thomas...

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Doubtful. These are my tiers for us right now...

Lottery luck = Top 4. Kade, Mobley, Suggs, Green

Projected reverse standings = Kai, Barnes, Keon, Davion, Moody, Jalen J.

Play-in = Wagner, Kispert, Garuba, Bouknight, Sengun, Jackson, Thomas...
    Who do you like most from each tier?

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Who do you like most from each tier?

Mobley from top tier. More risk taking big man early, but they are hard to find and I think he is legit.

In our most likely range, I love Barnes and Keon. Both for different reasons. Both are incredibly exciting to watch and play at a high level on defence. Both are very young.

For Barnes the raw energy and enthusiasm he plays with is infectious. He passes well, can switch on everything and will out work his opponent the vast majority of the time. He also plays the game with such joy, the he is just an inspiring player to watch play the game...

For Keon, the defensive footwork on the perimeter, combined with the sheer athleticism is tantalizing. I like the comparison of a slightly smaller Jalen Brown.

Both are raw on offense, but for the first pick in a long time, I am ready to dream on a young prospect.

In my final tier, Garuba and Jackson intrigue me. It would be a disappointment for me if we landed there. But both are defensively sound, modern day NBA C prospects with a solid defensively ceiling.

Mobley from top tier. More risk taking big man early, but they are hard to find and I think he is legit.

In our most likely range, I love Barnes and Keon. Both for different reasons. Both are incredibly exciting to watch and play at a high level on defence. Both are very young.

For Barnes the raw energy and enthusiasm he plays with is infectious. He passes well, can switch on everything and will out work his opponent the vast majority of the time. He also plays the game with such joy, the he is just an inspiring player to watch play the game...

For Keon, the defensive footwork on the perimeter, combined with the sheer athleticism is tantalizing. I like the comparison of a slightly smaller Jalen Brown.

Both are raw on offense, but for the first pick in a long time, I am ready to dream on a young prospect.

In my final tier, Garuba and Jackson intrigue me. It would be a disappointment for me if we landed there. But both are defensively sound, modern day NBA C prospects with a solid defensively ceiling.
    Thanks for the breakdown. I haven't done a whole lot of homework on these prospects yet so I appreciate it.

I wonder about Keon's fit with Trent at the 2. Only because of his size though but they should draft the best player available.

Thanks for the breakdown. I haven't done a whole lot of homework on these prospects yet so I appreciate it.

I wonder about Keon's fit with Trent at the 2. Only because of his size though but they should draft the best player available.

Yea. It has to be BPA strategy.

For Raptors fans, this article is fun...: https://sircharlesincharge.com/2021/...-vince-carter/

Yea. It has to be BPA strategy.

For Raptors fans, this article is fun...: https://sircharlesincharge.com/2021/...-vince-carter/
    His defense being so good make me believe he will be high on their draft board. Hopefully, he can develop a three point shot.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast