Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Really love the Queta call-out. He's another guy who's game I think translates well. In fact, he's more NBA ready, so if you're talking about impact out of the gate, I think he could be an asset almost immediately. Since I do think we're back in the playoffs as a top half of the seeding next year, that has a lot of value to me. I like where your head is at there.
    It is definitely a really deep draft. I am interested to see which players fall to our spot, because some will. I think a guy like Queta is probably a mid to late first rounder last year, but is projected as a mid 2nd round pick

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Mobley from top tier. More risk taking big man early, but they are hard to find and I think he is legit.

In our most likely range, I love Barnes and Keon. Both for different reasons. Both are incredibly exciting to watch and play at a high level on defence. Both are very young.

For Barnes the raw energy and enthusiasm he plays with is infectious. He passes well, can switch on everything and will out work his opponent the vast majority of the time. He also plays the game with such joy, the he is just an inspiring player to watch play the game...

For Keon, the defensive footwork on the perimeter, combined with the sheer athleticism is tantalizing. I like the comparison of a slightly smaller Jalen Brown.

Both are raw on offense, but for the first pick in a long time, I am ready to dream on a young prospect.

In my final tier, Garuba and Jackson intrigue me. It would be a disappointment for me if we landed there. But both are defensively sound, modern day NBA C prospects with a solid defensively ceiling.
    I was going to ask about Barnes again and then I remembered you mentioning him.

I think the Raptors will target him if they dont move up.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

6-9 with a 7-2 wingspan. He plays high level defense and reads the floor very well.

His offense needs work but he looks more polished than OG did when he came into the league. OG has come such a long way offensively, I think Barnes is more than capable of making similar leaps.

A lot of possibilities with this draft but the idea of OG, Siakam and Barnes on the defensive end is fun to think about.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    6-9 with a 7-2 wingspan. He plays high level defense and reads the floor very well.

His offense needs work but he looks more polished than OG did when he came into the league. OG has come such a long way offensively, I think Barnes is more than capable of making similar leaps.

A lot of possibilities with this draft but the idea of OG, Siakam and Barnes on the defensive end is fun to think about.

Yup!

https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/sta...80224264368137

I think he's the pick at 7 and even potentially 4 depending on who is left.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-05-2021 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/sta...80224264368137

I think he's the pick at 7 and even potentially 4 depending on who is left.
    I have Barnes 5 on my own board behind Suggs/Mobley/Green/Kade. Ahead of Kuminga though.

The fact that he can handle the ball and pass it at that size is now making me think falling to 7 is wishful thinking but he is raw offensively so who knows.

I think he could be one of the best players in this draft in a couple yrs. The Raptors are as good as it gets at developing players and I'd like to see what they can do with him.

There are a few reports of teams looking to move up in the draft, particularly the Knicks and Spurs, (dependent on where they land in the lottery). What pick would you say is hands off, and at what point would you entertain moving the pick, if at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    There are a few reports of teams looking to move up in the draft, particularly the Knicks and Spurs, (dependent on where they land in the lottery). What pick would you say is hands off, and at what point would you entertain moving the pick, if at all?
    If we land in the Top 4, hard to see me advocating moving it. I mean, always depends what you get in return of course, but I'd put a very high value on a Top 4 pick in this draft.

If we land in the 7-10 range (which is more likely), it would depend on how the draft plays out for me. I absolutely love Scottie Barnes still. But if he is off the board, I'm totally fine with trading down if it brings in something else valuable. For example, the drop off from 9 to both of those Knicks picks isn't too huge for me in terms of player value.

From the Spurs you’d have to want Murray.
    From the Knicks I would want future firsts packages with their 1st.

You cant trade a top 4 pick in this draft. They are cap strapped. Getting a top end asset in the draft is a must for the future of this team.

The guy I actually want most for this team though (as currently constructed) is likely available in round 2:

Ibou Dianko Badji- 7'1, 230lb with a 7'8 wingspan who people compare to Motumbo. He's super athletic but super raw. He would likely need time with the 905, but when ready he could be an absolute game changer on defense.

Nbadraftroom has us landing him with one of our 2nd round picks, which imo would be ideal. If they can get a top 4 pick AND add Badji to develop that could really turbo charge this team.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    You cant trade a top 4 pick in this draft. They are cap strapped. Getting a top end asset in the draft is a must for the future of this team.

The guy I actually want most for this team though (as currently constructed) is likely available in round 2:

Ibou Dianko Badji- 7'1, 230lb with a 7'8 wingspan who people compare to Motumbo. He's super athletic but super raw. He would likely need time with the 905, but when ready he could be an absolute game changer on defense.

Nbadraftroom has us landing him with one of our 2nd round picks, which imo would be ideal. If they can get a top 4 pick AND add Badji to develop that could really turbo charge this team.
    Curious how much you've seen of Badji. I've seen him listed as undrafted a lot recently (nbdadraft.net has him outside the Top 60, The Athletic has him outside the Top 100). The measurables are obviously impressive but there doesn't seem to be much belief in the industry around him if he is projected so low. I'm not going to pretend to have seen much of him myself mind you.

I'm inclined to think a Mutombo comparison is really lazy (or at the very least, incredibly misleading). Mutombo was a college star and a Top 4 pick.

But at a 2nd round pick, I wouldn't lose sleep over them taking a big swing. I'd guess it would be a pretty big developmental investment they'd be looking at. Obviously it is rare to find guys that big.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Curious how much you've seen of Badji. I've seen him listed as undrafted a lot recently (nbdadraft.net has him outside the Top 60, The Athletic has him outside the Top 100). The measurables are obviously impressive but there doesn't seem to be much belief in the industry around him if he is projected so low. I'm not going to pretend to have seen much of him myself mind you.

I'm inclined to think a Mutombo comparison is really lazy (or at the very least, incredibly misleading). Mutombo was a college star and a Top 4 pick.

But at a 2nd round pick, I wouldn't lose sleep over them taking a big swing. I'd guess it would be a pretty big developmental investment they'd be looking at. Obviously it is rare to find guys that big.
    I've watched some tape of him. You're right that the measurables are what instantly catch your eye, but I also love the fluidity of his movement. He doesn't run the floor like a 7'1" 230 pound guy. From a defensive standpoint, I don't think he'll be exploited like other players of his size can be, because of that speed and footwork. However, his offense is pretty dreadful, and I doubt he'd ever be a plus on that end. But I can see what is so tantalizing about him.

Someone posted a video of Sengun on Reddit who i know you guys were talking about a little while back. I just read your takes on him and I'll admit, it dampened my excitement lol. He reminds me of Luis Scola but I can see why some might shoot for the moon and think Jokic. He actually models his game after him. He says he studies his game. I think he probably goes somewhere between 10-20. Although it wouldn't surprise me if someone wanted to take a chance and he goes earlier. There are a lot of raw players in this draft and of course, it is a copycat league so certainly a player of his skill set will lure gms and scouts.

A lot of his highlights are cherry picked. There's actually a lot of cringeworthy clips of him struggling in the half court and struggling to get separation against really slow bigs. For every one clip of him showing crafting post moves, there's like 5 clips of him struggling to produce when the defender doesn't bite. It's a huge red flag considering how ****** the league he is playing in. To be fair, Jokic played in an even ******** league but he was way more polished. And defensively, they're already playing him in drop coverage, which means he will never be a starter in this league.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast