Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Why? Siakim is so overrated it's crazy.
    They call him steady Freddy for a reason and why him.and Klow Co existed kn the court. He's a solid 2 way player and a true PG. Do you know how many of those exists in the league? FVV also plays well of the ball and compliments star players well.
    I 100% disagree with Siakam being "overrated". If you look at the comments from the fans, I would say he's grossly underrated based on some very bad luck this year in the clutch. For some reason, people think that 20+ point, 7.5+ rebounds and 5+ assist players who have incredible versatility and can be elite on defense grow on trees. Choosing between an elite guard and an elite wing, I'd choose the elite wing all day every day.

Fred is overrated af. lmfao an undersized two way guard with garbage efficiency is pretty ****ing common. Rather have an unicorn at the 4 considering PG defense is basically useless.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-13-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Fred is overrated af. lmfao an undersized two way guard with garbage efficiency is pretty ****ing common. Rather have an unicorn at the 4 considering PG defense is basically useless.
    Then you're saying you would trade VanVleet essentially

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Then you're saying you would trade VanVleet essentially
    no one on this roster is untouchable. obviously with certain players like Siakam or OG, they're borderline impossible to replace so they basically untouchable.

no bm to Fred but he is the most expendable player of those 3 players.

kinda want someone less raw offensively in the draft but imagine our defense with scottie barnes. we won't score 100 pts but the other team won't either.

kinda want someone less raw offensively in the draft but imagine our defense with scottie barnes. we won't score 100 pts but the other team won't either.
    After the top 5, Scottie Barnes is a step above other prospects for me. The defense, energy, switchability, length, playmaking are all assets that teams can never have enough of. The shooting is what will determine how good he'll end up being, but no doubt the other skills will easily translate. We could throw out lineups with all 3 of OG/Siakam/Barnes and cause nightmares for opposing teams.

After Barnes, I've been leaning more and more to Davion Mitchell. Lowry is old and probably won't be back. FVV needs help with playmaking at the guard spot. Malachi Flynn hasn't really impressed me. Prospects will also struggle to find minutes on this team unless they defend, and we know Mitchell won't lack any effort there.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    After the top 5, Scottie Barnes is a step above other prospects for me. The defense, energy, switchability, length, playmaking are all assets that teams can never have enough of. The shooting is what will determine how good he'll end up being, but no doubt the other skills will easily translate. We could throw out lineups with all 3 of OG/Siakam/Barnes and cause nightmares for opposing teams.

After Barnes, I've been leaning more and more to Davion Mitchell. Lowry is old and probably won't be back. FVV needs help with playmaking at the guard spot. Malachi Flynn hasn't really impressed me. Prospects will also struggle to find minutes on this team unless they defend, and we know Mitchell won't lack any effort there.

Scottie Barnes is ideal but then in that case I would go Mobley but that is if and only if you end up in top 3 or top 4

FVV/Gary/Barnes/OG/Siakam. With Flynn and boucher off the bench.

Lacks size, but damn thatís a defensive powerhouse.

I think Barnes has a very high floor. Worst case scenario he'll be somewhere around Draymond level. His playmaking is a nice value add. His fit is perfect in many ways but also kinda awkward. How do we feel about Siakam at the 5? I can see a 3/4/5 rotation with those 3 than a 2/3/4. If he has the ability to be a potent point forward, that FVV, Trent, OG, Barnes, Siakam lineup would be incredible.

idk Mitchell can defend but he doesn't really provide playmaking help. iirc he was a below average pick and roll handler and that should be your bread and butter for any NBA guard. It would be interesting though if Masai and Nurse double down on us being an entirely run and gun team. I don't think we've run any half court since Kawhi rofl. Ball would be a great fit in that case.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-14-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Scottie Barnes is ideal but then in that case I would go Mobley but that is if and only if you end up in top 3 or top 4
    Wdym "in that case". Obviously we would draft Mobley over Barnes if we had a top 3 pick. Barnes is a realistic pick at 7.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    FVV/Gary/Barnes/OG/Siakam. With Flynn and boucher off the bench.

Lacks size, but damn thatís a defensive powerhouse.

Siakam playing the 5 and OG playing the 4 makes more sense and Barnes at the 3 playing SF while Trent plays his natural position at the 2 at SG and VanVleet at the 1 playing PG is actually not that bad

Then on your 2nd unit

PG- Flynn
    SG- Harris
    SF- Watanabe
    PF- Boucher
    C- Birch or Gillespie

I mean not a bad lineup

I think Barnes has a very high floor. Worst case scenario he'll be somewhere around Draymond level. His playmaking is a nice value add. His fit is perfect in many ways but also kinda awkward. How do we feel about Siakam at the 5? I can see a 3/4/5 rotation with those 3 than a 2/3/4. If he has the ability to be a potent point forward, that FVV, Trent, OG, Barnes, Siakam lineup would be incredible.

idk Mitchell can defend but he doesn't really provide playmaking help. iirc he was a below average pick and roll handler and that should be your bread and butter for any NBA guard. It would be interesting though if Masai and Nurse double down on us being an entirely run and gun team. I don't think we've run any half court since Kawhi rofl. Ball would be a great fit in that case.
    Giddey is looking like the best pick in the 7-8 range for playmaking help. Just not sure on his defense. I like how Davion can affect both ends.

Giddey is looking like the best pick in the 7-8 range for playmaking help. Just not sure on his defense. I like how Davion can affect both ends.
    Then if you draft Davion...you already have guys like FVV, Trent, Flynn, etc. an overabundance of guards since Davion is a combo guard but plays more 1 than 2

Yves Pons is becoming one of my more intriguing 2nd rounders. Played C at Tennessee at 6'7 with 7'2 wingspan. His vertical is crazy impressive. A tweener, with limited offensive skillset. Loads of defensive switching potential though and he steps out occasionally to space the floor from 3. Could be a dynamic defensive prospect.

So we are 7th unless something happens during lottery.

Havent been following but is it safe to say that theres a top 5 tier (Cunningham, Mobley, green, suggs and Kominga) that we probably wont get?

Whats the next tier and how big is the drop?

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast