Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Scottie Barnes or Davion Mitchell are the most realistic but then again the Raptors need a big so Garuba would and should be the pick
    Teams drafting high should never draft for need. Better to trade down if that is line of thought. Davion Mitchell or Kispert may be good to go Day 1, but most players will hit their stride a few years down the road. If you pretend to predict your need too far in advance, you are rarely a genius and most often and idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Difference between 25 and 30% chance at a top 5 pick influences luck.
    To that point, we moved from the 8th highest odds to the 7th. With that we now have a 31.9% chance at a top 5 pick, up from 26.2%. We also only have a 14.2% chance of a pick 9 or higher as opposed to previously having a 39.2% chance at 9 or higher. Lottery means that nothing is definite, but if I were signing up for an actual lottery, give me the better odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    To that point, we moved from the 8th highest odds to the 7th. With that we now have a 31.9% chance at a top 5 pick, up from 26.2%. We also only have a 14.2% chance of a pick 9 or higher as opposed to previously having a 39.2% chance at 9 or higher. Lottery means that nothing is definite, but if I were signing up for an actual lottery, give me the better odds.
    7th was always the best we could hope for so Im happy with that spot in the standings.

I have a tough time seeing us winning the lottery after silver penalized us for the tanking injury thing.
    #3 is my most optimistic hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    7th was always the best we could hope for so Im happy with that spot in the standings.

I have a tough time seeing us winning the lottery after silver penalized us for the tanking injury thing.
    #3 is my most optimistic hope.
    Don't try to rain on my parade. I sit around and imagine June 22nd and the ping pong balls fall just right. Immediately just celebrating Cade Cunningham as the newest Raptor.

The funny thing about the new lottery odds is that Houston literally has about only 7% higher chance than us of that happening. That's why, while I enjoy looking at mock drafts, I know the order will likely be all over the map.

Don't try to rain on my parade. I sit around and imagine June 22nd and the ping pong balls fall just right. Immediately just celebrating Cade Cunningham as the newest Raptor.

The funny thing about the new lottery odds is that Houston literally has about only 7% higher chance than us of that happening. That's why, while I enjoy looking at mock drafts, I know the order will likely be all over the map.
    There are two "draft windows" for us.

1-4 (Suggs, Cunningham, Green, Mobley)

7-10 (the 6-15 range has loads of variance in candidates right now)

For our purposes, I'm usually looking at mock drafts in that 7-10 range. With hope of course we get lucky and into the Top4.

There are two "draft windows" for us.

1-4 (Suggs, Cunningham, Green, Mobley)

7-10 (the 6-15 range has loads of variance in candidates right now)

For our purposes, I'm usually looking at mock drafts in that 7-10 range. With hope of course we get lucky and into the Top4.

Yeah well if the Raptors get a top 4 pick and land in the top 4 I have no doubt they take Suggs, Cade, Jalen Green or Evan Mobley. If top 4 then if I'm y'all I take Evan Mobley. But if Raptors end up with the #2 or #3 pick, then Jalen Green actually would be a better fit in Toronto.

2nd round targets I like.

Charles Bassey (if he falls)
    Ariel Hukporti
    Johnny Juzang
    Neemias Queta
    Vrenz Bleijenbergh
    Herb Jones
    Joel Ayayi
    Greg Brown
    Bones Hyland

2nd round targets I like.

Charles Bassey (if he falls)
    Ariel Hukporti
    Johnny Juzang
    Neemias Queta
    Vrenz Bleijenbergh
    Herb Jones
    Joel Ayayi
    Greg Brown
    Bones Hyland
    I would go Juzang

I dont want Cade at all, I'll take Mobley all day everyday with first pick. Hard to find Embiid and AD types because those don't xome along every draft, whereas Cades do. Plus wth is Cades potential really? But I'll have that discussion if we get the pick.

As for now we need the Sixers and Heat to get bounced quick in the playoffs because it'll force them to do a Sign and trade for Klow which can also help us net more young assets. I still really want Thybulle from the Sixers.

It's also great that Siakim is playing really well, raise that trade value higher and higher boy. Warriors still might be a good solid fit for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I dont want Cade at all, I'll take Mobley all day everyday with first pick. Hard to find Embiid and AD types because those don't xome along every draft, whereas Cades do. Plus wth is Cades potential really? But I'll have that discussion if we get the pick.

As for now we need the Sixers and Heat to get bounced quick in the playoffs because it'll force them to do a Sign and trade for Klow which can also help us net more young assets. I still really want Thybulle from the Sixers.

It's also great that Siakim is playing really well, raise that trade value higher and higher boy. Warriors still might be a good solid fit for him.
    You really see them trading siakam? Maybe for some big assets if we can draft a potential replacement. I have a tough time seeing that from Mu.

As for Cade - I too am torn. I see some Beasley in him. Hes not really quick, but hes crafty. I think he would look good beside FVV in our back court, but not totally convinced he will be a generational talent.

But this is only if you end up with Mobley because if you end up with Mobley, easily he can become your starting center (5) in your starting line up from Day 1 next season. Even if that means throwing him into the fire from day 1, he is definitely worth it but that is only if you end up drafting him though.

But if you end up in the 5 to 7 range as far as picking, then the pick will probably end up being Kuminga, Keon Johnson or Scottie Barnes. Out of those players, the ones who would be good fits for the Raptors would probably be Kuminga or Barnes.

Beasley wasn't crafty. He had an insane first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    But this is only if you end up with Mobley because if you end up with Mobley, easily he can become your starting center (5) in your starting line up from Day 1 next season. Even if that means throwing him into the fire from day 1, he is definitely worth it but that is only if you end up drafting him though.

But if you end up in the 5 to 7 range as far as picking, then the pick will probably end up being Kuminga, Keon Johnson or Scottie Barnes. Out of those players, the ones who would be good fits for the Raptors would probably be Kuminga or Barnes.
    It is impossible for the Raptors to draft 5 or 6 in the draft. Only Top 4 are subject to the lottery. Rest of draft is reverse standings.

It is 32% chance to land in Top 4.
    It is a 66% chance to land 7-9.

No in between.

If the Pelicans can get the no.1 pick, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    If the Pelicans can get the no.1 pick, I believe.
    Well the last time y'all got the #1 pick was 2006 and you ended up drafting Bargnani that year which I'll never understand especially when you had Aldridge in that draft

But if the Raptors were to get the #1 pick in 2021, I just hope y'all don't make a bone head move and draft someone who ends up a bust...I hope if you get #1 you take either Cade Cunningham or Evan Mobley with that pick

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast