Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Turkish league isn't even good. Wiltjer is averaging 19 and 6 in that league.
    As an 18 year old in a professional league, his numbers are still really impressive. I don't know if it all will translate to the NBA, but it is intriguing in the very least.

Turkish League is still considered a strong league. I'm not sure how it compares with NCAA though.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    As an 18 year old in a professional league, his numbers are still really impressive. I don't know if it all will translate to the NBA, but it is intriguing in the very least.

Turkish League is still considered a strong league. I'm not sure how it compares with NCAA though.
    Plus with him as an 18 year old playin in this type of league in Europe playin professional...could he have a Sabonis, Doncic, Jokic or a Vucevic type career? That remains to be seen but playing in Turkey is not easy

It's a historically bad season for them in terms of talent. Even against mediocre talent, they're running drop coverage with him, which doesn't offer any confidence in his ability to play any lick of defense in the NBA.

I don't really see Allstar potential. Even Hollinger who is super high on him thinks he is basically Kevin Love without a 3. In the current NBA, that's simply not enough.

Then if you wanna go with an international player as your draft pick, then Giddey from Australia or Garuba from Spain has to be your pick...if you go international

It's a historically bad season for them in terms of talent. Even against mediocre talent, they're running drop coverage with him, which doesn't offer any confidence in his ability to play any lick of defense in the NBA.

I don't really see Allstar potential. Even Hollinger who is super high on him thinks he is basically Kevin Love without a 3. In the current NBA, that's simply not enough.
    Hollinger's take on him was part of what intrigued me. He seems really high on the kid (or maybe just not as high on the draft after the Top 5 are off the board).

Hollinger's take on him was part of what intrigued me. He seems really high on the kid (or maybe just not as high on the draft after the Top 5 are off the board).
    I respect Hollinger's take, but watching the tape, I don't see a ton of moves that feel directly transferrable to the NBA. Also his 19% 3 point shooting is concerning in a league where that ability is valued. I see him as needing 2-3 years to develop, (bigs always take a little longer), before he can be truly impactful and with that, while I see a potentially high ceiling, I also think he's got a really low floor, and that would scare me away from using a lottery pick on him.

I actually think he has a high floor but a low ceiling. I see a Scola career trajectory but that isn't good enough to be a starter in the NBA today. I think he would be best utilized as a 6th man where he just destroys opposing bench players where he won't be too much of a defensive liability or a drag on the offense like a Saric or a Kanter. If he develops a 3, I can see something more.

The praise for his footwork and post game reminds me of all the hype surrounding Okafor. You can have all the fancy footwork all you want but you still need to be able to shoot and/or defend in space.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-04-2021 at 03:52 PM.

I actually think he has a high floor but a low ceiling. I see a Scola career trajectory but that isn't good enough to be a starter in the NBA today. I think he would be best utilized as a 6th man where he just destroys opposing bench players where he won't be too much of a defensive liability or a drag on the offense like a Saric or a Kanter. If he develops a 3, I can see something more.

The praise for his footwork and post game reminds me of all the hype surrounding Okafor. You can have all the fancy footwork all you want but you still need to be able to shoot and/or defend in space.
    Iím confident he can figure out the 3, as most players have these days. The defence is concerning. Also I just donít see him as a C (certainly not a defensive anchor), which has me concerned about fit. In the lottery it might be Mobley or bust for me as far as bigs go. Too much high ceiling forward/guard talent to reach on a big. I feel like the guards and forwards are a little easier to project.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím confident he can figure out the 3, as most players have these days. The defence is concerning. Also I just donít see him as a C (certainly not a defensive anchor), which has me concerned about fit. In the lottery it might be Mobley or bust for me as far as bigs go. Too much high ceiling forward/guard talent to reach on a big. I feel like the guards and forwards are a little easier to project.
    doubt it. if bigs could just pick up the 3, all these gifted bigs wouldn't be rotting on the bench or getting paid scraps. it's not something you just pick up. He's not someone that has never attempted it before and his ability to shoot 3s is unknown. He has tried and failed.

people said that about Derozan, about how he has the work ethic to figure it out blah blah blah. look how that turned out.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-04-2021 at 05:32 PM.

doubt it. if bigs could just pick up the 3, all these gifted bigs wouldn't be rotting on the bench or getting paid scraps. it's not something you just pick up. He's not someone that has never attempted it before and his ability to shoot 3s is unknown. He has tried and failed.

people said that about Derozan, about how he has the work ethic to figure it out blah blah blah. look how that turned out.
    His shot mechanics look great. I am optimistic on that front. I will echo the concern on the defence though. It is my biggest concern with him as a prospect. 6th man isnít a bad projection.

After the core 5, I really love Scottie Barnes. Keon Johnson and Davion Mitchell are probably next 2 for me. After that I could be talked into a lot of guys. And the fit for Mitchell and Johnson isnít exactly seamless. If we fall in the 8-10 range and Barnes is off the board, I think I am a fan of trading down to be honest. Houston and NYK both have 2 mid range firsts that would intrigue me.

Garuba and Jackson would both fit this roster well defensively, but both are a reach in the Top10. Dosunmu and Duarte would fit well if we traded down as well. Grabbing a 3nD wing and a defensive big would serve us well if there isnít a clear choice where we pick

His shot mechanics look great. I am optimistic on that front. I will echo the concern on the defence though. It is my biggest concern with him as a prospect. 6th man isnít a bad projection.
    idk so did Kanter's.

The mechanics he shows on his jumper leave plenty of room for optimism. He has a quick release, a nice arch and a solid follow through. He's already shown the ability to consistently hit shots in the 18-20 foot range and should continue to improve this part of his game as his career progresses
    https://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Enes-Kanter-5168/

After the core 5, I really love Scottie Barnes. Keon Johnson and Davion Mitchell are probably next 2 for me. After that I could be talked into a lot of guys. And the fit for Mitchell and Johnson isnít exactly seamless. If we fall in the 8-10 range and Barnes is off the board, I think I am a fan of trading down to be honest. Houston and NYK both have 2 mid range firsts that would intrigue me.

Garuba and Jackson would both fit this roster well defensively, but both are a reach in the Top10. Dosunmu and Duarte would fit well if we traded down as well. Grabbing a 3nD wing and a defensive big would serve us well if there isnít a clear choice where we pick
    I would like to get another first. I feel like there are some interesting prospects in the latter part of the first round.

Scottie Barnes or Davion Mitchell are the most realistic but then again the Raptors need a big so Garuba would and should be the pick

Sacramento with the win last night. Good for the reverse standings. If only Chicago could win a game...

Sacramento with the win last night. Good for the reverse standings. If only Chicago could win a game...
    I don't know how any of this helps especially since NBA Draft Lottery it all comes down to luck and luck of the draw with ping pong balls

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I don't know how any of this helps especially since NBA Draft Lottery it all comes down to luck and luck of the draw with ping pong balls
    Difference between 25 and 30% chance at a top 5 pick influences luck.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast