Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    That is true but then if you draft Giddey and then Lowry is gone and you have FVV then how about Malachi Flynn?

Raptors would be better off drafting a big man
    Giddey and FVV start, Flynn off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Giddey and FVV start, Flynn off the bench.
    Just watching the tape, Giddey is a much better passer at this stage of his career as an 18 yo prospect than either Flynn or VanVleet are at 22 and 27 years old respectively. VanVleet plays best off ball and having an elite facilitator would really help his game. The same is true of Trent as well, who really needs either Malachi or another plus distributor to get the most out of him. Having a facilitator on the floor at all times is very important for this team to keep the bench from stagnating.

I just found out that the Raptors sent a scouting team to watch Giddey. Looks like me, Bobby and Masai are all on the same page...

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I just found out that the Raptors sent a scouting team to watch Giddey. Looks like me, Bobby and Masai are all on the same page...
    They read our forum yo.

They read our forum yo.
    I mean, clearly. Let's keep the advice coming. Masai, if you're reading this, I wouldn't say no to a front office job with the team.

John Hollinger out up an article on the international prospects yesterday.

A few notes:

Sengun could land as high as 6 in the draft. Highest PER ever by a player in the Turkish league (significantly). He is still 18 years old, playing against adults. Team didnít ask him to shoot 3ís either. Even though some of his moves wonít translate to NBA, shooting will and that doesnít factor into his numbers.

Giddy is probably late lottery. Shooting and defence remain concerns, but vision and passing is next level. Australian league is much stricter in determining Assists than NBA. His passing is next level elite.

Garuba is probably in the 10-20 range. Solid defence, but thinks he is closer to Anunoby than Capela. Probably best at PF. Elite defence potential.

Prkacin - probably late first. Still really young and some solid upside

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    John Hollinger out up an article on the international prospects yesterday.

A few notes:

Sengun could land as high as 6 in the draft. Highest PER ever by a player in the Turkish league (significantly). He is still 18 years old, playing against adults. Team didnít ask him to shoot 3ís either. Even though some of his moves wonít translate to NBA, shooting will and that doesnít factor into his numbers.

Giddy is probably late lottery. Shooting and defence remain concerns, but vision and passing is next level. Australian league is much stricter in determining Assists than NBA. His passing is next level elite.

Garuba is probably in the 10-20 range. Solid defence, but thinks he is closer to Anunoby than Capela. Probably best at PF. Elite defence potential.

Prkacin - probably late first. Still really young and some solid upside
    Yeah I have been gravitating towards an ITL spec too. Iím confused about the Garuba comment. OG is a better defender than Capela. Or is it just in terms of what position he will play?

Yeah I have been gravitating towards an ITL spec too. Iím confused about the Garuba comment. OG is a better defender than Capela. Or is it just in terms of what position he will play?
    Position. He is 6'8 with crazy long wingspan. He plays C in Europe though.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Position. He is 6'8 with crazy long wingspan. He plays C in Europe though.
    Ohhh ok because capela is a bit undersized. I thought garuba was a pure defensive C so thatís new info for me.

Ohhh ok because capela is a bit undersized. I thought garuba was a pure defensive C so thatís new info for me.
    How is Capela undersized? He's 6'11 (in shoes) with a 7'5 wingspan and a 9'5 standing reach. Embiid has a 9' 5.5" standing reach.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    How is Capela undersized? He's 6'11 (in shoes) with a 7'5 wingspan and a 9'5 standing reach. Embiid has a 9' 5.5" standing reach.
    My mistake. Just eye test he looks more thick than long.

Garuba is 6'8/6'9 with 7'2 wingspan. Similar measurables to OG.

If I'm the Raptors, go Giddey or Sengun especially if you want an international player which is what I would lean towards

A decade ago teams may have been hesitant on a prospect like Sengun, but international players are dominant in the league today. Sengun is one of the most elite players in all of Turkey, and heís only 18-years-old. Playing against other pros, heís averaging nearly a 20-10 double-double this season.

Sengun has All-Star potential, and at worst strengthens Torontoís big-man depth.

Turkish league isn't even good. Wiltjer is averaging 19 and 6 in that league.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-04-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast