Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Issues you can fix.

How’s his defence?
    Not great at this stage. 6’7 wingspan which isn’t ideal. Could become competent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Giddey could work but then again Sengun could also work too or even Jalen Johnson out of Duke
    Jalen Johnson would be on my “do not draft” list. He was not good as a freshman at Duke. Walked out to “prep for draft.” I never think leaving your team helps ones draft stock. Complete disconnect for me. Too many good prospects without that concern.

Giddey is pretty smooth

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Giddey is pretty smooth
    If he can develop that jumper, he could be pretty similar to LaMelo out of the same league. The passing/handles are impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    If he can develop that jumper, he could be pretty similar to LaMelo out of the same league. The passing/handles are impressive.
    reminds me of luka

Issues you can fix.

How’s his defence?
    Based on what I've seen, he does need to get a bit bigger to fight through pick and rolls and is average laterally. However, he's got really quick hands that he uses to harrass his assignment. There's stuff to work with and work on.

reminds me of luka
    That would be ideal. I will say that, in my opinion, of all the players in that range, Giddey seems like the biggest potential unicorn of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    That would be ideal. I will say that, in my opinion, of all the players in that range, Giddey seems like the biggest potential unicorn of the group.
    So you would take Giddey with this pick?

So you would take Giddey with this pick?
    I'm not sure, but he's an interesting prospect to say the least. I thought I'd put him on the radar. With our development program an 18 year old (I said 19 earlier, I was wrong), with the skillset he already has and the metrics he has might be a cheat code.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I'm not sure, but he's an interesting prospect to say the least. I thought I'd put him on the radar. With our development program an 18 year old (I said 19 earlier, I was wrong), with the skillset he already has and the metrics he has might be a cheat code.
    This is true but then again Giddey is a point guard and Raptors have enough of them unless you have Giddey play 2 guard (SG) should you draft him

If Lowry leaves, we only have 1 pg.

If Lowry leaves, we only have 1 pg.
    Not counting FVV?

This is true but then again Giddey is a point guard and Raptors have enough of them unless you have Giddey play 2 guard (SG) should you draft him
    Would be nice to have a big PG, it could let us keep FVV at SG, but he can still defend against the opponents PG - allowing giddey to be hidden on defence.

Not counting FVV?
    nah. i know youre hoping he can develop it but ship has sailed on that imo

I know I've beaten this into the ground, but with the lottery you take the best player available absent of need. If we thnk Giddey is a future star and player X has the potential to be a useful NBA player, you take the future star and figure things out from there.

Would be nice to have a big PG, it could let us keep FVV at SG, but he can still defend against the opponents PG - allowing giddey to be hidden on defence.
    That is true but then if you draft Giddey and then Lowry is gone and you have FVV then how about Malachi Flynn?

Raptors would be better off drafting a big man

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast