Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    His defense being so good make me believe he will be high on their draft board. Hopefully, he can develop a three point shot.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    I think Davion Mitchell will be high on their draft board too. Raptors like locking down Junior/Senior players closer to their prime. With rookie scales and RFA rights, locking down a safe choice like Mitchell for his 22-29 years is a really high floor move.

He is undersized, but maybe the best perimeter defender in the draft. He can break down his defender off the dribble, finish with either hand and has great playmaking instincts. He also hits the 3 at a good rate. I'm concerned with too many small players, but he just feels like a Raptors pick.

You see a player like Aaron Gordon, already traded by age 25 and you recognize the value of having players locked in for more of their prime years.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 04-17-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Then again Raptors should not draft a PG because they have enough point guards like Lowry, VanVleet even though he is a combo guard but also Malachi Flynn is a point guard too. I mean Raptors also drafted Harris who is a shooting guard all be it he is with the 905 but still it is like Raptors have a whole factory of guards.

Raptors then have Anunoby, Watson and Trent Jr as small forwards so should the Raptors draft a 3?

What they should do is either you draft a PF (4) or you draft a 5 (C)...I know what y'all should do and that is draft a C because you guys are obviously lacking in that department

I mean you have Boucher and Baynes but I can't see the Raptors holding on to Baynes and then there's Birch...can I see the Raptors holding on to him? At least if you draft a center, a big man...you have even more rim protection than you normally would and you can make up for the losses of Ibaka and Gasol pretty easily

I mean your starting lineup for next season for 21/22 easily:

PG- VanVleet
    SG- Trent Jr (if you manage to re-sign him in free agency since he is RFA but even as an RFA he could still leave)
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Address in free agency by going after a starting C but which bigs are available this summer?

Then on your bench

PG- Flynn
    SG- Probably whoever you can draft as your 2021 draft pick
    SF- Watson
    PF- Watanabe
    C- Boucher

Then you easily can get rid of Lowry in free agency as well as cut Baynes loose and probably Birch too

Sacramento and Chicago have no dropped below us in the standings. Sitting at 10th worst record. Only 1 game back of NO and two games back of Indiana. Washington has been coming on strong of late behind us.

Hard to see us dropped down into the bottom 6. We've distanced ourselves from them a bunch during this stretch. Rough schedule coming up for rest of season now though.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Sacramento and Chicago have no dropped below us in the standings. Sitting at 10th worst record. Only 1 game back of NO and two games back of Indiana. Washington has been coming on strong of late behind us.

Hard to see us dropped down into the bottom 6. We've distanced ourselves from them a bunch during this stretch. Rough schedule coming up for rest of season now though.
    Yeah but Chicago doesn't even own their draft pick anymore especially after the Vucevic trade but also Sacramento I think in the West they are trying to make play in. Same with Chicago trying to make play in but Washington are trying to gain momentum and they are by continuing to win games.

Chicago and Washington with wins last night. Sacramento plays Twolves tonight. Hopefully they join the 24 win club...

Yikes. Terrence Clarke died in a car accident last night. He was big name recruit for Kentucky and expected to be "one and done," entering the draft. It wasn't a prolific freshmen year and he has been mocked in the 2nd round. Horrible loss for his family and loved ones...

Interesting article on Sengun:

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...-jokic-mistake

As one talent evaluator put it, "no one wants to miss on another Jokic."

Enter Alperen Sengun.

To call Sengun the next Jokic would be unfair to the ultra-productive, 18-year-old, Turkish big man and projected lottery pick. Jokic's feel for the game and creativity are rare. He was also given time to develop at his own pace with a draft-and-stash season in Serbia, and landed in an excellent situation with a Nuggets team that put the ball in his hands and allowed him to make plays. He's bigger, longer and had a more modern game than Sengun at the same stage. But the 6-foot-9 Sengun, who is in the midst of a record-breaking season for Beskitas in the Turkish League, is facing some of the same questions Jokic did about his frame, paint-dominant style of play and lack of foot speed. Yet Jokic's success, combined with Sengun's quick spins, post footwork and behind the back passes, figures to bode well for Sengun, since the NBA evaluation process is so often shaped by recent trends and player comparisons.
    Once COVID-19 hit and put a pause on play, Sengun cut out sweets, started taking his training more seriously and trimmed down to 242 pounds. At somewhere between 6-foot-9 and 6-foot-10 with a wingspan nearing 7 feet, he is about the same size as Kevin Love was coming out of UCLA, though Sengun is a much more explosive leaper with his newfound frame.
    He dominated the Turkish league in his first season with Beskitas, averaging 19.4 points, 9.4 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.6 blocks while shooting 67% from 2-point range on a team that sits fifth in the standings.

According to our historical database, no other 18-year-old has ever averaged at least 19 points, 9 rebounds and 2 assists over the course of a season in Europe. Dario Saric did so as a 19-year-old in 2014, but those figures came in the lesser Croatian League without the same level of efficiency. However, this shouldn't be confused with Luka Doncic's tearing up the Euroleague as a teenager. Even the biggest Sengun fans will concede Turkish League competition isn't what it used to be. With Beskitas clearly making an effort to showcase him, Sengun is allowed to play through mistakes more than a typical 18-year-old international prospect playing big minutes.
    Sengun is also a physical roller with some of the best hands I've ever seen from an 18-year-old. He catches everything thrown his way, isn't afraid to try to dunk on bigs at the rim and has the short roll touch shots necessary to neutralize NBA shot-blockers. With that said, at 6-foot-9, Sengun's paint dominance won't translate seamlessly to the NBA like it has for some 7-footers before him. The same moves that work against 33-year-old bigs such as Vladimir Stimac will likely be erased by Gobert, Embiid and Giannis Antetokounmpo. Sengun also shoots almost 10 free throws per 40 minutes thanks to a generous whistle he likely won't get in the NBA. At the very least, there should be optimism that Sengun could terrorize second units with his physicality and aggressiveness like we've seen from fellow 6-9 big man Isaiah Stewart this season. Creative teams could opt to experiment with him as a mini-Jokic off the bench, playing through him in the post once he becomes comfortable on an NBA floor.
    Article also has some excellent insight on Garuba and Giddey if people want to read about the top International prospects for this draft. All 3 are projected as late lottery-mid first round picks.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 04-27-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Yeah but now latest mocks still have you guys taking Davion Mitchell out of Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah but now latest mocks still have you guys taking Davion Mitchell out of Baylor
    He's an exciting prospect. Probably the best perimeter defender in the draft. Solid 3pt shooter. Excellent first step to break defenders off the dribble. Good playmaker.

He's another guard, but a veyr good one. If they made that selection, hard to add a 6'2 guard and then also resign Lowry

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    He's an exciting prospect. Probably the best perimeter defender in the draft. Solid 3pt shooter. Excellent first step to break defenders off the dribble. Good playmaker.

He's another guard, but a veyr good one. If they made that selection, hard to add a 6'2 guard and then also resign Lowry
    If you draft Mitchell, then you don't even need Lowry anymore especially if you have Mitchell, Flynn and then VanVleet...the future looks bright to the point that Lowry is no longer needed

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If you draft Mitchell, then you don't even need Lowry anymore especially if you have Mitchell, Flynn and then VanVleet...the future looks bright to the point that Lowry is no longer needed
    Lowry's got 1 to 2 more years left in the league. Whether he stays or goes is ultimately inconsequential to who we draft. I assure you Masai and Bobby will not consider Lowry or his future when making the pick. I'm not as high on Mitchell as other people, but his defensive acumen does give him a high floor, and he would immediately have an impact in the second unit at the very least, in his first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Lowry's got 1 to 2 more years left in the league. Whether he stays or goes is ultimately inconsequential to who we draft. I assure you Masai and Bobby will not consider Lowry or his future when making the pick. I'm not as high on Mitchell as other people, but his defensive acumen does give him a high floor, and he would immediately have an impact in the second unit at the very least, in his first year.
    And you know Masai loves guys who can defend.

Its is just such a relief to be able to trust your FO to make a good decision.

I just watched a bunch of tape on Josh Giddey today. He may be the steal of the draft. a 19 year old 6'8" point guard with incredible vision, and really creative passing who finishes well. The only issues might be strength and outside shooting, which are legitimate issues. However, still a really interesting prospect.
    Last edited by Saint Raptor; 04-27-2021 at 03:36 PM.

I just watched a bunch of tape on Josh Giddey today. He may be the steal of the draft. a 19 year old 6'8" point guard with incredible vision, and really creative passing who finishes well. The only issues might be strength and outside shooting, which are legitimate issues. However, still a really interesting prospect.
    Issues you can fix.

Hows his defence?

Giddey could work but then again Sengun could also work too or even Jalen Johnson out of Duke

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast