Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You really see them trading siakam? Maybe for some big assets if we can draft a potential replacement. I have a tough time seeing that from Mu.

As for Cade - I too am torn. I see some Beasley in him. Heís not really quick, but heís crafty. I think he would look good beside FVV in our back court, but not totally convinced he will be a generational talent.
    I don't know what their plans are but he's the one out of FVV and OG that I'd trade without hesitating. Those guys are the guys you want during a title run. With his contract combined with how inconsistent he is, I'd love to use him in a package to trade for a star.

If we could, would you trade Siakim for Ayton or Wiseman bases?
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I don't know what their plans are but he's the one out of FVV and OG that I'd trade without hesitating. Those guys are the guys you want during a title run. With his contract combined with how inconsistent he is, I'd love to use him in a package to trade for a star.

If we could, would you trade Siakim for Ayton or Wiseman bases?
    Ayton is quite interesting. And yes to the question.

Wiseman has been downright terrible in his rookie season. His impact is Aron Baynes level bad this year. Obviously he is young, but I won't trade proven talent for that... regardless of pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Well the last time y'all got the #1 pick was 2006 and you ended up drafting Bargnani that year which I'll never understand especially when you had Aldridge in that draft

But if the Raptors were to get the #1 pick in 2021, I just hope y'all don't make a bone head move and draft someone who ends up a bust...I hope if you get #1 you take either Cade Cunningham or Evan Mobley with that pick
    Different front office and Bargnani was a consensus no.1 pick. Aldridge was only a fan favourite back then because there was less info on intl prospects and the NBA fan base was way more xenophobic of intl prospects. He just didn't pan out. Maybe with a different coach and development team it would have turned out better.

But suggesting LMA was a no brainer pick is just hindsight bias. Tyrus Thomas was as hyped as LMA. Bulls would have taken Tyrus Thomas at #2 if the trade never went through with Portland. If Portland didn't cave, LMA most likely would have gone #4.

Is rather trade FVV than siakam or OG.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Ayton is quite interesting. And yes to the question.

Wiseman has been downright terrible in his rookie season. His impact is Aron Baynes level bad this year. Obviously he is young, but I won't trade proven talent for that... regardless of pedigree.
    Well twolves are about to f up their pick meaning the warriors will have a top 5 6 pick unless twolves choke away the last couple games or win the lottery.
    Would you do Wiseman and a top 5 6 pick?

I read somewhere Wisemans adv stats in limited minutes actually were promising but I haven't followed any adv stats in years for basketball so I'm not sure how true that statement is.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Is rather trade FVV than siakam or OG.
    Why? Siakim is so overrated it's crazy.
    They call him steady Freddy for a reason and why him.and Klow Co existed kn the court. He's a solid 2 way player and a true PG. Do you know how many of those exists in the league? FVV also plays well of the ball and compliments star players well.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

They call him steady Freddy for a reason and why him.and Klow Co existed kn the court. He's a solid 2 way player and a true PG. Do you know how many of those exists in the league? FVV also plays well of the ball and compliments star players well.
    Then who you trading Siakam for? Who you tryin to get that can replace him as a #1 option on y'alls team

Because I havenít seen him be a true PG and our guys need someone who will get them the ball in their spots.

Also guards are easier to get. There are more of them.

Because I havenít seen him be a true PG and our guys need someone who will get them the ball in their spots.
    I'm sorry I'm talking about Fred Van Vleet, I don't know who you're talking about. FVV is a true PG, he's not Chris Paul but he's perfect for what our team needs.
    Him and OG are perfect complimentary 2 way players where if we got a star, we'd have a really good balance.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I'm sorry I'm talking about Fred Van Vleet, I don't know who you're talking about. FVV is a true PG, he's not Chris Paul but he's perfect for what our team needs.
    Him and OG are perfect complimentary 2 way players where if we got a star, we'd have a really good balance.
    Iíd say FVV has proven to be more of an undersized scoring SG than a playmaking PG. he would be perfect with a big PG.
    The same points can be said about siakam - ď Him and OG are perfect complimentary 2 way players where if we got a star, we'd have a really good balance.Ē

Just saw a simulation of an updated mock on Bleacher Report and it has y'all picking at #2...Raptors getting the #2 overall pick and with that pick taking Evan Mobley (C) out of USC

I don't think this team really needs to change much. They just need a long off season to recover physically from this season, a good draft week and to bring back their top 12 guys. You trim the fat in Hood, Baynes, Johnson, Bembry and Watson and then you bring back Lowry, GTJ and Birch. Then you still have a rotation of something like the following to build on:

Birch/Gillespie
    OG/Boucher
    Siakam/Watanabe
    FVV/GTJ/Harris
    Lowry/Flynn

...as well as (at least) their first round pick who should be ready to contribute right away with where they are going to end up drafting.

That starting 5 above has still only played 92 minutes together because of all the injuries and resting, and they are a plus 22 in that time. They may not have a proven closer yet, but there are 6 guys in that rotation that can drop 30+ on you....three guys that can drop 40+ and two guys that have dropped 50+.(...this season!) That is a super young team (outside of Lowry of course) with a heck of a lot of talent that is still going to get better as Siakam learns how to win in the last 2 minutes and OG continues to become a two way superstar..

Playing a full road schedule couldn't knock this team out of the playoffs, only Covid could. There is no need to blow it up anymore now. Bring back the boys, bring back Masai and lets get back to business.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I don't think this team really needs to change much. They just need a long off season to recover physically from this season, a good draft week and to bring back their top 12 guys. You trim the fat in Hood, Baynes, Johnson, Bembry and Watson and then you bring back Lowry, GTJ and Birch. Then you still have a rotation of something like the following to build on:

Birch/Gillespie
    OG/Boucher
    Siakam/Watanabe
    FVV/GTJ/Harris
    Lowry/Flynn

...as well as (at least) their first round pick who should be ready to contribute right away with where they are going to end up drafting.

That starting 5 above has still only played 92 minutes together because of all the injuries and resting, and they are a plus 22 in that time. They may not have a proven closer yet, but there are 6 guys in that rotation that can drop 30+ on you....three guys that can drop 40+ and two guys that have dropped 50+.(...this season!) That is a super young team (outside of Lowry of course) with a heck of a lot of talent that is still going to get better as Siakam learns how to win in the last 2 minutes and OG continues to become a two way superstar..

Playing a full road schedule couldn't knock this team out of the playoffs, only Covid could. There is no need to blow it up anymore now. Bring back the boys, bring back Masai and lets get back to business.
    But this is what I would do:

Get rid of Hood, Bembry, Watson, Johnson and Lowry sorry to say it

Bring back Birch and Trent Jr

Sign Dennis Schroeder to play PG

Draft Mobley if I could; Mobley and Siakam can be like a Twin Tower type set up at the 4 and 5

Then my 2021/22 Raptors squad would look like this

Starting 5

PG- Dennis Schroeder
    SG- Fred VanVleet
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Evan Mobley (draft pick)

2nd unit

PG- Malachi Flynn
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Yuta Watanabe
    PF- Chris Boucher
    C- Khem Birch/Freddie Gillespie

Our spot in the standings is locked in at 7th it appears. Combined with the core having some great individual performances lately - Iíd say this is best case scenario. I donít even want to be a bottom 4 team. Just give me a shot at a top pick with the bug guys still performing well.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast