Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    How are we drafting Suggs when we're going to end up with like the 9th or 10th pick? We can never tank properly.

I love Suggs but Mobley is the damn dream but its moot unless we get lucky and land the first pick. Mobley puts us back in contention within 2 years.
    If we get 1st, then we'll be picking Cade, not Mobley. That being said, I've seen Mobley projected anywhere from 2nd to 5th, so it depends on the ping pong balls and other teams' assessments whether or not he's available to us. The odds on top 5 are pretty flat, so a lot of excitement headed into June 22nd. After the year we had, relocating to Tampa, fighting Covid and injury, I think Silver should just maybe sneak another ping pong ball in there for us, (I'm kidding obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Raptors clearly need defense in this draft and from yet another mock but this time it has the Raptors taking Davion Mitchell out of Baylor

Honestly I can see it. Why? Mitchell's basketball IQ on offense and he plays the right way defensively. Plus he is a consistent shooter and his upside reminds you of another Mitchell that being Donovan Mitchell when he first came out of college, but with better defense.
    Can we, just once, not draft an undersized guard?

How are we drafting Suggs when we're going to end up with like the 9th or 10th pick? We can never tank properly.

I love Suggs but Mobley is the damn dream but its moot unless we get lucky and land the first pick. Mobley puts us back in contention within 2 years.
    thats why its a dream

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    thats why its a dream
    Just frigen sucks and why I wanted Lowry gone to help the tank. But at this point it is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Just frigen sucks and why I wanted Lowry gone to help the tank. But at this point it is what it is.
    Yup. But As long as heís sitting out heís helping the tank more than if he was traded for players who would currently be contributing.

Oh well, you went into this wanting Bouknight. We're probably going to get Bouknight.

Through CBS sports mock it has you guys now in 8th in their mock and it has you taking Bouknight (SG) but then through Sports Illustrated mock it has you guys taking Kai Jones (PF/C)

Seeing some post-March Madness discussion, a big part of me sees us as a possible location for Davion Mitchell. Espn suggesting he could go as high as 6th overall. https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...caa-tournament

I doubt he goes so high, but in the 7-10 range, I could see our staff excited...

I still like Keon Johnson, Scottie Barnes, Kai Jones in the 6-8 range. I'd be fine with Mitchell after that.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 04-08-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Anyone else getting a Beasley vibe from Cade?

Not really. Beasley was super athletic and bullied people in college.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Not really. Beasley was super athletic and bullied people in college.
    Iím catching the same ďthis is too easy, I donít even have to tryĒ vibe from cade. I know with Beasley everyone hoped that stronger competition would ignite a fire in him. Didnít pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím catching the same ďthis is too easy, I donít even have to tryĒ vibe from cade. I know with Beasley everyone hoped that stronger competition would ignite a fire in him. Didnít pan out.
    Cade has to try to score tho. Beasley was just relying on his athleticism.

"Someone's gotta win" matchups of the evening....

Cavaliers vs. OKC
    Kings vs. Pistons

Raptors should definitely want Davion Mitchell, Keon Johnson, or Jonathan Kuminga

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Raptors should definitely want Davion Mitchell, Keon Johnson, or Jonathan Kuminga
    Outside of the Top 4, those are good names. I like Scottie Barnes in that list of next tier options too.

I'm trying not to get too swept up by March Madness hype, but I'm becoming more of a believer in Davion Mitchell as a legitimate top 10 selection this draft.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast