Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 248
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    idk most of his shots in the video would have gotten blocked in the NBA. The problem is he's undersized and his wingspan is below average (6'8 last I checked). He has moves but he won't have the space in the paint to be crafty to get off shots. With subpar length, you have to play really quirky like Scola to get off shots. Even a more mobile guy like Sabonis struggles in the paint because of his **** length. One of the reasons he blew up this season was because Bjorkgren got him out of the paint and had him play a more perimeter game. It's not a great situation to be in if you have an old school post game, but you're too undersized to play the 5 and too slow to defend 4/5s and can be exploited in space.

    That's why the other poster was silly to compare this situation to Jokic. Jokic has an insane wingspan so you knew his game could scale to the NBA. He has the ability to get off shots on Rudy Gobert. And honestly, Jokic's lack of athleticism is overblown. His mobility and fluidness is perfectly fine for a 7 footer. He only fell because he played in a **** league, was extremely out of shape and had a weird buyout situation (Nuggets thought he was going to be a 5 year stash).
    Also, I just don't think you compare players to Jokic. Jokic is possibly the biggest unicorn and steal in the last 20 years... maybe ever. Generally when someone is considered slow and unathletic by scouts, we find out that in reality they're... slow and unathletic.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Also, I just don't think you compare players to Jokic. Jokic is possibly the biggest unicorn and steal in the last 20 years... maybe ever. Generally when someone is considered slow and unathletic by scouts, we find out that in reality they're... slow and unathletic.
    Yeah. It's crazy. I was listening to a podcast, forgot which, and Tim Connelly was the guest. Jokic got 0 interest from the other 29 teams. Connelly was the first NBA person he ever talked to. He only declared because the Nuggets promised to draft him.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,012
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    idk most of his shots in the video would have gotten blocked in the NBA. The problem is he's undersized and his wingspan is below average (6'8 last I checked). He has moves but he won't have the space in the paint to be crafty to get off shots. With subpar length, you have to play really quirky like Scola to get off shots. Even a more mobile guy like Sabonis struggles in the paint because of his **** length. One of the reasons he blew up this season was because Bjorkgren got him out of the paint and had him play a more perimeter game. It's not a great situation to be in if you have an old school post game, but you're too undersized to play the 5 and too slow to defend 4/5s and can be exploited in space.

    That's why the other poster was silly to compare this situation to Jokic. Jokic has an insane wingspan so you knew his game could scale to the NBA. He has the ability to get off shots on Rudy Gobert. And honestly, Jokic's lack of athleticism is overblown. His mobility and fluidness is perfectly fine for a 7 footer. He only fell because he played in a **** league, was extremely out of shape and had a weird buyout situation (Nuggets thought he was going to be a 5 year stash).

    IMO mocks putting him top 10 is a huge reach. This is a guy you draft in the 20s even if you're high on him.
    Sabonis was producing well last year too, before Nate got there. His success with dinosaur arms makes me appreciate good footwork more. I was low on Sabonis predraft for that reason. He has surpassed my expectations. Even with his physicals, he found his way into the lottery. I think based off production, someone will bite in Sengun the lottery.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,994
    Too bad we won't be able to draft him.
    https://streamable.com/01mkrr

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,012
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Too bad we won't be able to draft him.
    https://streamable.com/01mkrr
    Lol. Who is this?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Lol. Who is this?
    Jalen Green

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,172
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Jalen Green
    Jesus Christ. Just shared that video with all my homies. Never seen that before.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,994
    Is it just me or are prospects way more professional, poised, mature and polished with the way they handle themselves nowadays?

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,172
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Is it just me or are prospects way more professional, poised, mature and polished with the way they handle themselves nowadays?
    I think a lot of “good coaching” at that level is getting them to understand this element.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,321
    How does Kai Jones fit with us?

    We need a C and he looks to be around our area? Or will someone better probably be around (assuming we got 8th).

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    How does Kai Jones fit with us?

    We need a C and he looks to be around our area? Or will someone better probably be around (assuming we got 8th).
    He is a decent pick. There are guards like Davion Mitchell or Bouknight that could possibly move up. Ranking after the top 5 is still up in the air.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    How does Kai Jones fit with us?

    We need a C and he looks to be around our area? Or will someone better probably be around (assuming we got 8th).
    I feel like Kai Jones would be drafting for need rather than picking the best player, and in this instance it would be an overreach. He's a high upside project, who likely would have minimal impact in his first year. I think we're built to compete again immediately, and I'd rather pick one of the standout guards like Bouknight or Keon Johnson in that spot who would slot right into our bench and future. That being said, hopefully we just get a nice ping pong bounce and our decision becomes much easier.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    How does Kai Jones fit with us?

    We need a C and he looks to be around our area? Or will someone better probably be around (assuming we got 8th).
    As others have mentioned, there is a risk/reward proposition with him. Feels like a slightly taller Siakam.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,172
    On pace for the worst record ever with a positive differential. That’s EXACTLY what you want from a rebuild year.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,448
    Raptors clearly need a big so you either go Kai Jones, Isaiah Jackson, Usman Garuba or Alperen Sengun...either way it is either you draft a big or you acquire one via trade or address in free agency this summer because it is clear that this team needs defense

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •