Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 248
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,167
    Could our 2nds be packaged to move up a few spots? Or would we need to include future firsts? Iíd be open to trading a 2023 first.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,167
    Mobley just fits us like a glove.
    The other bigs donít seem to offer anything close to what he offers. Some decent defensive Cís, but nurse needs shooting bigs for his current offence.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,992
    Would be hilarious if Minny and Hou lose their picks.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    35,387
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Oh well, you went into this wanting Bouknight. We're probably going to get Bouknight.
    Ya but Mobley would be what could potentially make us go from being an unknown to in a couple years a really great team.potentially.

    I wonder if we end up with pick 8 9 or 10, if we can entice teams with Siakim and our pick for Mobley.

    I cant see any other way of improving that center spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    35,387
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Would be hilarious if Minny and Hou lose their picks.
    I think Pistons need a top 3 pick more than those teams.
    I dont think the Wolves would be that much hurt over it but Pistons and Rockets would be in such shambles
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,012
    Curious if anyone wants to share their Raptors Big Board (Top10). How would you rank the top 10 today?

    Here is mine:

    Kade Cunningham
    Jalen Green
    Evan Mobley
    Jalen Suggs

    Jonathan Kuminga
    Scottie Barnes
    Keon Johnson

    Davion Mitchell
    Kai Jones
    Moses Moody

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,012
    ESPN latest mock had us taking this international prospect from France (with one of our 2nd rounders):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQBscQFeOVI

    6'4 guard. 7'0 wingspan and excellent athleticism. I can get on board with that for a development prospect.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,012
    Alperen Sengun is a guy that could see his name called in the lottery. I could see his stock rising more before draft night... Averaging 20 and 10 against adults in Europe. Outstanding foot work in the post and finishing around the rim. I could see him being similar to Domantas Sabonis in some ways.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDROPsaRSo

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,448
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Alperen Sengun is a guy that could see his name called in the lottery. I could see his stock rising more before draft night... Averaging 20 and 10 against adults in Europe. Outstanding foot work in the post and finishing around the rim. I could see him being similar to Domantas Sabonis in some ways.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDROPsaRSo
    If Raptors are smart they should be taking more of an interest in this kind of player. Plus Alperen is a big...a prototype at the 5 but a 5 that can actually do it all, rebound, pass, shoot and his foot work looks great for a big

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,992
    Doesn't look like a lottery pick imo. Slow, unathletic, undersized

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,448
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Doesn't look like a lottery pick imo. Slow, unathletic, undersized
    Well they said the same about Jokic when he was first drafted

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Well they said the same about Jokic when he was first drafted
    lol no they didn't. Jokic is big and long as hell.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,448
    But as far as other bigs in this draft class Raptors could also target Garuba or Isaiah Jackson

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,012
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Doesn't look like a lottery pick imo. Slow, unathletic, undersized
    This was my initial reaction when I started looking at prospects months ago. He doesnít seem to take 3ís (although shooting form and FT% look good). He isnít the strongest or longest guy. Not sure he projects as the best defender. But his production for an 18 year old in the a pro league doesnít happen very often. He definitely has something that is working really well for him.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    This was my initial reaction when I started looking at prospects months ago. He doesnít seem to take 3ís (although shooting form and FT% look good). He isnít the strongest or longest guy. Not sure he projects as the best defender. But his production for an 18 year old in the a pro league doesnít happen very often. He definitely has something that is working really well for him.
    idk most of his shots in the video would have gotten blocked in the NBA. The problem is he's undersized and his wingspan is below average (6'8 last I checked). He has moves but he won't have the space in the paint to be crafty to get off shots. With subpar length, you have to play really quirky like Scola to get off shots. Even a more mobile guy like Sabonis struggles in the paint because of his **** length. One of the reasons he blew up this season was because Bjorkgren got him out of the paint and had him play a more perimeter game. It's not a great situation to be in if you have an old school post game, but you're too undersized to play the 5 and too slow to defend 4/5s and can be exploited in space.

    That's why the other poster was silly to compare this situation to Jokic. Jokic has an insane wingspan so you knew his game could scale to the NBA. He has the ability to get off shots on Rudy Gobert. And honestly, Jokic's lack of athleticism is overblown. His mobility and fluidness is perfectly fine for a 7 footer. He only fell because he played in a **** league, was extremely out of shape and had a weird buyout situation (Nuggets thought he was going to be a 5 year stash).

    IMO mocks putting him top 10 is a huge reach. This is a guy you draft in the 20s even if you're high on him.
    Last edited by ecart; 04-13-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •