Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Could our 2nds be packaged to move up a few spots? Or would we need to include future firsts? Iíd be open to trading a 2023 first.

Mobley just fits us like a glove.
    The other bigs donít seem to offer anything close to what he offers. Some decent defensive Cís, but nurse needs shooting bigs for his current offence.

Would be hilarious if Minny and Hou lose their picks.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Oh well, you went into this wanting Bouknight. We're probably going to get Bouknight.
    Ya but Mobley would be what could potentially make us go from being an unknown to in a couple years a really great team.potentially.

I wonder if we end up with pick 8 9 or 10, if we can entice teams with Siakim and our pick for Mobley.

I cant see any other way of improving that center spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Would be hilarious if Minny and Hou lose their picks.
    I think Pistons need a top 3 pick more than those teams.
    I dont think the Wolves would be that much hurt over it but Pistons and Rockets would be in such shambles
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Curious if anyone wants to share their Raptors Big Board (Top10). How would you rank the top 10 today?

Here is mine:

Kade Cunningham
    Jalen Green
    Evan Mobley
    Jalen Suggs

Jonathan Kuminga
    Scottie Barnes
    Keon Johnson

Davion Mitchell
    Kai Jones
    Moses Moody

ESPN latest mock had us taking this international prospect from France (with one of our 2nd rounders):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQBscQFeOVI

6'4 guard. 7'0 wingspan and excellent athleticism. I can get on board with that for a development prospect.

Alperen Sengun is a guy that could see his name called in the lottery. I could see his stock rising more before draft night... Averaging 20 and 10 against adults in Europe. Outstanding foot work in the post and finishing around the rim. I could see him being similar to Domantas Sabonis in some ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDROPsaRSo

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Alperen Sengun is a guy that could see his name called in the lottery. I could see his stock rising more before draft night... Averaging 20 and 10 against adults in Europe. Outstanding foot work in the post and finishing around the rim. I could see him being similar to Domantas Sabonis in some ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDROPsaRSo
    If Raptors are smart they should be taking more of an interest in this kind of player. Plus Alperen is a big...a prototype at the 5 but a 5 that can actually do it all, rebound, pass, shoot and his foot work looks great for a big

Doesn't look like a lottery pick imo. Slow, unathletic, undersized

Well they said the same about Jokic when he was first drafted

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Well they said the same about Jokic when he was first drafted
    lol no they didn't. Jokic is big and long as hell.

But as far as other bigs in this draft class Raptors could also target Garuba or Isaiah Jackson

This was my initial reaction when I started looking at prospects months ago. He doesnít seem to take 3ís (although shooting form and FT% look good). He isnít the strongest or longest guy. Not sure he projects as the best defender. But his production for an 18 year old in the a pro league doesnít happen very often. He definitely has something that is working really well for him.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    This was my initial reaction when I started looking at prospects months ago. He doesnít seem to take 3ís (although shooting form and FT% look good). He isnít the strongest or longest guy. Not sure he projects as the best defender. But his production for an 18 year old in the a pro league doesnít happen very often. He definitely has something that is working really well for him.
    idk most of his shots in the video would have gotten blocked in the NBA. The problem is he's undersized and his wingspan is below average (6'8 last I checked). He has moves but he won't have the space in the paint to be crafty to get off shots. With subpar length, you have to play really quirky like Scola to get off shots. Even a more mobile guy like Sabonis struggles in the paint because of his **** length. One of the reasons he blew up this season was because Bjorkgren got him out of the paint and had him play a more perimeter game. It's not a great situation to be in if you have an old school post game, but you're too undersized to play the 5 and too slow to defend 4/5s and can be exploited in space.

That's why the other poster was silly to compare this situation to Jokic. Jokic has an insane wingspan so you knew his game could scale to the NBA. He has the ability to get off shots on Rudy Gobert. And honestly, Jokic's lack of athleticism is overblown. His mobility and fluidness is perfectly fine for a 7 footer. He only fell because he played in a **** league, was extremely out of shape and had a weird buyout situation (Nuggets thought he was going to be a 5 year stash).

IMO mocks putting him top 10 is a huge reach. This is a guy you draft in the 20s even if you're high on him.
    Last edited by ecart; 04-13-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast