Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cap Casualty Kyle Van Noy where does he land?

[Wolfe] Dolphins LB Kyle Van Noy is a potential cap casualty who could be released before league year begins, source tells ESPN. Talks are ongoing about releasing Van Noy in the coming days, a move that'd save Miami $9.75M in cap space. Andrew Van Ginkel would move into larger role.

[Garafolo] The #Dolphins have informed LB Kyle Van Noy he will be released, source says. @CameronWolfe indicated this might be coming. It's confirmed.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

It's too bad free agents aren't allowed to go to NE anymore, they'd make a lot of sense.

It's too bad free agents aren't allowed to go to NE anymore, they'd make a lot of sense.
    I heard from a very unreliable source that no free agent wants to go there anymore.

Why would he go back?

I see the following teams hell make a good fit.

Steelers

Chargers

Dallas

Atlanta

Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Why would he go back?
    Cause that loser coach made him look better then he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I see the following teams hell make a good fit.

Steelers

Chargers

Dallas

Atlanta

Chicago
    You literally listed the garbage Falcons over the Pats who just lost him for a season.

You literally listed the garbage Falcons over the Pats who just lost him for a season.
    The Falcons were ranked 12th in DVOA weighted toward the end of the season (higher than GB, Chicago, Baltimore), for example. They started poorly and improved significantly after firing their coach. The Falcons are certainly in play to be a playoff team next year.

That said, their division is obviously tough. It is an uphill climb. Slap them in the NFC East though, and they're the division winner.

Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Hes not going back to NE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    The Falcons were ranked 12th in DVOA weighted toward the end of the season (higher than GB, Chicago, Baltimore), for example. They started poorly and improved significantly after firing their coach. The Falcons are certainly in play to be a playoff team next year.

That said, their division is obviously tough. It is an uphill climb. Slap them in the NFC East though, and they're the division winner.
    That rank is hard to believe, but my point was mostly that the Falcons are crap AND probably going through a rebuild. That team has no business being good in the near future.

That rank is hard to believe, but my point was mostly that the Falcons are crap AND probably going through a rebuild. That team has no business being good in the near future.
    12th is hard to believe because they were actually 17th. If you're a 4-12 team, just make sure you're 4-12 in a good division, so your DVOA will look better.

Rams make a ton of sense to me if Leonard Floyd gets proved out of their range.

A NE reunion makes sense at a certain price but if it gets too high then I think wed be better off going even higher and getting someone younger.

If youre bringing him in for pure pass rush youll be disappointed. But hes a good solid multi faceted player.

[Yates] The Dolphins have not yet released OLB Kyle Van Noy because the team is trying to trade him, per source. Van Noy is due a $12.5M salary this year. A tough trade to pull off even for a productive and respected player, but the Dolphins are trying.

Interesting? Guess they got a bunch of interest before officially cutting him?

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

Seems unlikely they could find a trade without a reduced salary. But a team like JAX or NY willing to overpay a vet for a year with no guaranteed money beyond this year could make sense. So I dont rule it out. But not sure those teams would want to lock into that without seeing FA options first.

https://twitter.com/KVN_03/status/1372356711466598403

Tweeted out himself that he's coming back to NE!!!

Love this, along with the addition of Judon on the edge and return of Hightower inside. Van Noy played both roles in NE (more off the ball backer in 2016-2018, mostly edge in 2019).

I think Van Noy's stability in terms of being a proven performer and then versatility to play inside or outside will help bring a good support system to develop Josh Uche, Chase Winovich and Anfernee Jennings. Uche I have high hopes for. Winovich I'm kind of accepted that he'll just be a situational pass rusher. Jennings I guess could be a good run down player if he settles in on the edge or ILB. But having 3 guys BB can trust now in KVN, Hightower and Judon should help simplify their roles.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast