Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season

Hopefully that is the reason. Watched a few early pitches and he looked great then the doors fell off.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Hopefully that is the reason. Watched a few early pitches and he looked great then the doors fell off.
    I read an article earlier that he's been tinkering with a new pitch.

Was never a fan of Nola, he's a #3 pitcher at best maybe a #2. We need a true ace at the top of the rotation.

2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Was never a fan of Nola, he's a #3 pitcher at best maybe a #2. We need a true ace at the top of the rotation.
    Im bullish on him too but hes at worst a #2. I dont think hes dependable enough to be a true ace though.

Where do you see anything to suggest hes a #3?

2019 was his worst year so far and that was good enough to be a low end 2 elite #3. That was one season yet all his other numbers put him at a low 1/ high 2 pitcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by koldjerky; 03-17-2021 at 09:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I read an article earlier that he's been tinkering with a new pitch.
    Yup, with a cutter.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Spring Training stats are borderline meaningless for veterans that are already on the team. As long as they stay healthy, I'm happy.

As for Nola not being a "true ace" he is borderline. He isn't Prime Halladay or Lee but those guys aren't everywhere. You probably aren't winning a WS with him as your 1 unless your SP depth is crazy good or your offense is top 5 in the MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Spring Training stats are borderline meaningless for veterans that are already on the team. As long as they stay healthy, I'm happy.

As for Nola not being a "true ace" he is borderline. He isn't Prime Halladay or Lee but those guys aren't everywhere. You probably aren't winning a WS with him as your 1 unless your SP depth is crazy good or your offense is top 5 in the MLB.
    Yup!

I think Wheeler and Nola are roughly the same level of where Id put them with Nola slightly above. Nola is a lower end long term #1 whereas itd be a stretch to put Wheeler there. Wheelers in that locked #2. Eflin as #2 type potential but he could fall down to even a #4 type. Comfortable in the #3 role.

You put all that together and you have a very solid top 3 comparable to a top 3 on a team with a clear cut #1 but questionable #2 and/or #3.

Id feel a lot more comfortable though if they get another guy in the Nola Wheeler mold. I wish Howard would be that guy.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yup!

I think Wheeler and Nola are roughly the same level of where Id put them with Nola slightly above. Nola is a lower end long term #1 whereas itd be a stretch to put Wheeler there. Wheelers in that locked #2. Eflin as #2 type potential but he could fall down to even a #4 type. Comfortable in the #3 role.

You put all that together and you have a very solid top 3 comparable to a top 3 on a team with a clear cut #1 but questionable #2 and/or #3.

Id feel a lot more comfortable though if they get another guy in the Nola Wheeler mold. I wish Howard would be that guy.

The thing is with those guys and a little luck, they could all get hot at just the right time and really make us a dominant team for long stretches. This team is fully capable of winning a championship on paper. It just comes down to staying healthy and performing like they are capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post

like 08

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    The thing is with those guys and a little luck, they could all get hot at just the right time and really make us a dominant team for long stretches. This team is fully capable of winning a championship on paper. It just comes down to staying healthy and performing like they are capable of.
    Precisely

I think at this point you bite the bullet and start kingery in triple a. Dude cant even make contact. Tons of strikeouts this spring. He is such a promising player but something is way off for him. Thoughts?

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Nola much better tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    I think at this point you bite the bullet and start kingery in triple a. Dude cant even make contact. Tons of strikeouts this spring. He is such a promising player but something is way off for him. Thoughts?
    Id do it. But I also think the dude needs one position.

Put him at 2B in AAA and let him play.

Kingery didnt make opening day roster. I actually surprised they did it. Right move just tough pill to swallow. Hopefully his finds his groove and can contribute later in the season.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast